• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Detroit # 1 Fan

JFJ Does It Again

Rate this topic

wow...... JFJ is really killing the Leafs, I would like them to be a competitive team again, but that won't happen with bone head signings like these. Antropov is big and doesnt hit, slow, lazy and gets injured alot. 4 million that could of defenitley been better spent. Tisk, Tisk JFJ, Tisk.....

I know my Dad will be pissed, he is a HUGE Leafs fan and he hates Antropov for the reasons stated above lol.....

Guest bullocks

It's funny, just this morning i read that antropov and the leafs were far apart of an offer because he wanted at least $2 million. i guess the leafs gave in lol

"The same cannot be said for Antropov, according to the Star. The paper claims the Leafs and Don Meehan, Antropov's agent, seem further apart as Antropov is said to be looking for at least about $2 million a year."

Edited by bullocks

Guest DetroitIan

Some GMs put alot of stock into "size". They basically said they gave him a 2 Mill per year deal cause he provides size. lol Size wasn't helping the Sharks too much. But then again, I would'nt mind the Wings getting another big body. But Im not sure If I would wanna pay 2 mill a year for it. Unless its coming with a great shot or great leadership.

Some GMs put alot of stock into "size". They basically said they gave him a 2 Mill per year deal cause he provides size. lol Size wasn't helping the Sharks too much. But then again, I would'nt mind the Wings getting another big body. But Im not sure If I would wanna pay 2 mill a year for it. Unless its coming with a great shot or great leadership.

SHANAHAN!? just joking :(

im not saying hes a great player but he did get 18 goals in 54 games , he could of had a 25-30 goal season , thats gotta be worth at least 2 million , if not the leafs to another team ........how much do you guys want the guy to get ????...........again im not saying hes amazing but i think 2 million for a 25-30 goal scorer is reasonable

im not saying hes a great player but he did get 18 goals in 54 games , he could of had a 25-30 goal season , thats gotta be worth at least 2 million , if not the leafs to another team ........how much do you guys want the guy to get ????...........again im not saying hes amazing but i think 2 million for a 25-30 goal scorer is reasonable

He didnt have 30 goals , nor will he ever get 30.

Hes a useless player with no heart or passion. Ponikarovsky is so much better , 2 million is way to much.

He didnt have 30 goals , nor will he ever get 30.

Hes a useless player with no heart or passion. Ponikarovsky is so much better , 2 million is way to much.

whatever dude he could of had a 25 goal season , wtf do you wanna give guys who get 25 goals ?? 1 million ??? you have to be realstic , your niave if you think no team would of taken a shot on antropov and given him a 2 million per year deal

whatever dude he could of had a 25 goal season , wtf do you wanna give guys who get 25 goals ?? 1 million ??? you have to be realstic , your niave if you think no team would of taken a shot on antropov and given him a 2 million per year deal

Im sure some team wouldve given him 2 million , he istn worth 2 million

He is useless and a 2nd liner at best.

LOL ......again ........what would you give him as a salary ?? be realistic now

If it was me I wouldnt sign him.

If I was the leafs 1 milllion.

He could've got 3 million from teams like Chicago , Columbus , Florida. (He isnt worth 3 million)

Ahh Fergie, you never cease to amaze me.

Is it too early to go buy a John Tavares Leafs jersey?

Without Mats Sundin by his side, he would be very lucky to score 10 goals a year. He's a big oaf with no coordination. He and Ponikarovsky make a half-decent PK unit because they have the wingspan of pterodactyls, but that's about it.

John Ferguson is a useless tool who has absolutely no ability to negotiate contracts.

2 million a year for a guy that is more injury prone than Kronwall.

Man alive. I feel bad for the Leafs. As a fellow Original 6 team, I'd rather have them be successful, then say, the Anaheim Ducks or Nashville Predators. But, it looks like that won't happen for a while.

If it was me I wouldnt sign him.

If I was the leafs 1 milllion.

He could've got 3 million from teams like Chicago , Columbus , Florida. (He isnt worth 3 million)

im not a fan of antropov ......call me crazy but a 20-25 goal scorer should get more then 1 million .......

Is it too early to go buy a John Tavares Leafs jersey?

Come on now. You know very well that with JFJ at the helm that the Leafs will continue to sign mundane, over the hill free agents, setting an NHL record for 9th place finishes. They'll never be good enough to make the playoffs, but never bad enough to get a 1st overall, or even a decent 1st round pick in general.

Next up: Ladislav Nagy.

Edited by Kp-Wings

im not a fan of antropov ......call me crazy but a 20-25 goal scorer should get more then 1 million .......

He has been in the league for 7 years now and has never scored 20 goals. Say what you want about pro-rating goals over games played, but that's also part of the problem, he's always injured.