• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Matt

Freep: Hasek decision to come by Wed.

Rate this topic

If he does this and Kenny pulls a couple good fine-tuning decisions this summer, this squad will have to win the Cup next year.

There is no way that we cannot pull it off after playing so well this time around. Stick around for glory, Dom!

Um... He hasn't actually said hes coming back folks... in fact all that was said was

Dominik Hasek, believed to be leaning toward returning, has informed the Red Wings he will let them know his decision within a week.

later on this is said

what that decision will be, “Dom keeps his cards close to his vest,†Holland said.

That being said, these next seven days are going to kill me :(

Groovy cool.

Hasek pretty much pssed the physical test this season, missing very little time. And whatever time that was missed was not because of his groin. While you have to still show some concern about the obvious, Hasek will be 43 and the "groin" is still there, there aren't many that come as intensed and as focus as Hasek in my opinion in terms of work or practice. If he still has the will mentally, I have little doubt he'll bust his tail off to try to remain healthy physically.

Hasek and Osgood seemed to develop a great working relationship as well. Two guys that absolutely wanted to be playing for the Red Wings.

I'd definitely be happy with Hasek-Osgood once again.

I say play him 50 games next season, let Osgood and Howard split the remaining 32 (16 each) and go make another run. I'd love for Dom to come back.

I know just enough about Dom to know... you never know. Wings are a far better team with him than without him. I just can't imagine him disappointing his team mates by leaving, unless he has a really unimpeachable reason. His wife wants to move home and I don't blame her, but it's not as if she hasn't already given up her entire married life to be here with Dom while he plays hockey. One more year wouldn't be the end of the world, I wouldn't think. I am thinking like a woman, I guess (bec. I am one, maybe).

If we want to run for the Cup next year - love him or hate him - it's going to be with Hasek in the nets. I love him. Hope to see you in Detroit next Fall, Dom, have a great summer! :thumbup:

i really don't have a preference. He is a little older for a goalie, and that means that eventually his game will fall off, that may not be next year, but eventually it will. If he comes back and feels good, then I am all for it. If he decides to hang up the pads, then I will totally respect that. The only thing I fear is that next season could be a total disaster in net for dom, with his age finally catching up to him. I just don't know what I really want with this whole dom situation

I know just enough about Dom to know... you never know. Wings are a far better team with him than without him. I just can't imagine him disappointing his team mates by leaving, unless he has a really unimpeachable reason. His wife wants to move home and I don't blame her, but it's not as if she hasn't already given up her entire married life to be here with Dom while he plays hockey. One more year wouldn't be the end of the world, I wouldn't think. I am thinking like a woman, I guess (bec. I am one, maybe).

If we want to run for the Cup next year - love him or hate him - it's going to be with Hasek in the nets. I love him. Hope to see you in Detroit next Fall, Dom, have a great summer! :thumbup:

if he doesn't come back I worry who'll take his place. Howard is not ready and I like Ozzie but he's just not as good as Dom.

I thought it was a big gamble last year - but one that paid off well! I'd surely take that risk again. This team was completely different with Dom in net. I hope if he comes back - we have him take it easy and play the b/u alot during the reg. season... here's hoping for Dom, or else we've got squat (no offense to Ozzie)....

Hope Dom comes back with a reasonable salary to keep the team competitive. I think he will do so as he just wants to win and you can't go wrong with that type of player.

I expect his salary demands to be minimal, again. I think he's already proved he's not in it for the money. Some people underestimate just how valuable Dom to the Wings in things other than his stats or his rookie-level paycheck. His numbers were stellar lst season (and the one before), but that's not the point.

The Wings are emotionally attached to Dom, as he is to them. They look to his competitiveness and work ethic for inspiration. In short, they need him. It's mutual. The chemistry is right with this team, and Hasek is a huge part of it working.

Please make the right decision, Dominik. I know you will. :thumbup:

Everyone take up a collection to send his wife some gift cards to the spa so she'll stay happy for another 6 months and keep our Dominator out on the ice.

I wish we could put together something with Giguere, but sans that, I guess Dom can come back.

Taking a run at Giguere -- even discounting the fact that it would completely bust the cap -- would be a moronic move if there ever was one.

Roll the dice with Hasek again. There's no reason not to. Yes, the Wings are potentially playing Russian Roulette with his groin, but it's worth it. You're not going to find a better goaltender for around a $1M base salary.

If there was any other goaltender over the last two years that I wish the Wings could've acquired (realistically), it was Roberto Luongo. But that ship sailed. With Howard getting another season in the A and the contracts of both Osgood and Hasek (if he re-signs) expiring after next season, the goaltending should be freed up. Give Howard the reigns along with bringing in another veteran presence if Osgood doesn't re-up again.