• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

chelios4eva

Congrats Ducks

Rate this topic

The emotion is incredible... I was cried in '97 & '98 (Vladdy). Congrats on the win... it's an amazing ride ain't it?

Thanks. It truly is! The tears didn't start pouring until I got through the count down and screamed out '1'. Then my legs and voice failed me (to the benefit of all around me) I did nothing but sob.

Good that he should eventually be all right. While I bet it was hard for Giguere to miss time early in the playoffs, it's great to know that he put family first over job.

Jiggy has maintained throughout his career that he is a family man. His mom has Alzheimer's and was recently put in a nursing home, so he knows how important it is to be with family when they're sick. He not only missed the first 4 games of the playoffs, but the last 3 games of the regular season. He was benched for the first 4 because of the turmoil he had been through and Bryz was hot. Thats why I think he's such a great candidate for the Masterton.

While I certainly don't think much of a small bunch of the Duck players, pretty much Pronger and Perry, the Ducks did deserve to win it in spite of what a lot of us might have to say in here right now about the Ducks or a lot of their players.

I'm still disappointed the Wings were so damn close to going to the Finals but not able to pull it off, I'm not bitter or angry at the rest of the Ducks, that's just not healthy. I pretty much put that aside the day after the Wings were eliminated. I mean what can you do, the Ducks just did enough with less chances to move on, it sucks for us but I can't control the outcome of the game.

Some of the bitterness and posts about the Ducks cheating or playing cheap and dirty has gone completely overboard in here over the past few days unfortunately, but hopefully after a few days all will be calm in here and posters will give the Ducks their fair due and fair amount of credit for doing what they had to do to win the Cup (minus Pronger, we're gonna be upset at him for a while :lol:).

Keep soaking the championship in, cuse the celebrations don't last long. ;)

Thank you for the kind words! They mean a lot! I will definitely be cherishing every moment of this!

Word on the street is that if he doesn't sign with us he may be coming your way...since you guys don't have OUR defense, looks like you won't be getting the Cup next year either.

I guess by OUR defense you mean Nieds and Pronger. Well I might be biased, but I'd take Lidstrom first, Nieds second, and Pronger...well I'd take anyone else cause I don't like him. True our second D-man was out so our defense definitely wore down towards the end of the Ducks series, but I wouldn't say the Ducks defense is that much greater than the Wings. In fact, the Wings led the league with least shots allowed - in the reg season and playoffs I believe - protecting Dom...

Anyhow, Giguere isn't coming to Detroit. I'd be shocked. I could maybe see if the Ducks had lost, and there were alot of questions about the team, maybe he would bolt for a shot at the Cup with another team (kind of like Pronger - bah). My guess is he stays with the Ducks, the only other possibility I see is the Kings...they need a GT and can afford him.

No tradition left in hockey. What, are the ******* Florida Panthers going to win it next year? Or Phoenix?

I'm getting so tired of these bulls*** southern markets winning the Cup. A week from now, everyone will have already forgotten about it. If Detroit, NY Rangers, Toronto, or a real hockey market wins it, they savor the moment. When these little bulls*** markets win it, nobody cares after the first week. I'm tired of this.

:lol:

Thank you for the laugh. I needed that. :P

No tradition left in hockey? Gimme a freaking break.....So your answer is to have only one of the original six win it every year? Yeah, that would spark interest all around the country..Way to build the NHL and get new fans... So perhaps you're suggesting that the Floridas' and Phoenix' of the NHL should play their hearts out during the season, but just shut it down when the playoffs come around and let the "unbulls***" market teams coast through to the Cup finals. And how the hell do you know that nobody will care after the first week? And even if they don't, who gives a crap...Should the Ducks give the Cup back because their fans aren't the most passionate fans around?...Are only teams with passionate fans allowed to win the cup? Look , the NHL put a team in Anaheim and regardless of what kind of fans they have ( or you perceive them to have), they put a team on the ice and try to win..And guess what? They won the Cup

No tradition left in hockey? Gimme a freaking break.....So your answer is to have only one of the original six win it every year? Yeah, that would spark interest all around the country..Way to build the NHL and get new fans... So perhaps you're suggesting that the Floridas' and Phoenix' of the NHL should play their hearts out during the season, but just shut it down when the playoffs come around and let the "unbulls***" market teams coast through to the Cup finals. And how the hell do you know that nobody will care after the first week? And even if they don't, who gives a crap...Should the Ducks give the Cup back because their fans aren't the most passionate fans around?...Are only teams with passionate fans allowed to win the cup? Look , the NHL put a team in Anaheim and regardless of what kind of fans they have ( or you perceive them to have), they put a team on the ice and try to win..And guess what? They won the Cup

AMEN! :clap::clap::clap:

I still can't figure how California is a "bull-sh&^ Southern market to some"? Do they know Anaheim is on the West coast? :blink: The Ducks had a fan base before they won the Cup. I do have some issues with some of the Southern teams - too many of them imo - some with no fan base/losing money. But, what can I do about it? I thought they should contract a few during the lockout, but it didn't happen. The "traditional" market teams need to EARN their way to the Cup. The Wings have done a good job it seems adjusting. Looks like the Rangers are getting there too. I do agree that the NHL needs to have one of those east coast teams in the finals some year soon - but what is the NHL supposed to do - rig the games?

Anyhow, I'm done with the whining posts too. 2007 done - accept it - some good stories. On to the summer and a new beginning for every team. I sense a Wings-Ducks rivalry for a few years....Go Wings!

Why do you bother even coming here? Honestly, your team won the Cup (I assume you're a Ducks, judging by the way you talk), so just leave us all alone. Or if you are a Rangers fan, going by your username, then I'm ashamed that you actually support the Ducks, with Chris Pronger in toe.

My opinion will not change whether you say they should or not. More than half of this board will agree with me about southern market teams, so I really don't give a flying f*** what you say.

Yes, the Ducks put together a good team. And a week from now, nobody will remember at all. They'll all go back to watching the Dodgers, or waiting for the Lakers to start training camp. Don't deny it, you know it's true.

Edited by Kp-Wings

I do agree that the NHL needs to have one of those east coast teams in the finals some year soon - but what is the NHL supposed to do - rig the games?

Anyhow, I'm done with the whining posts too. 2007 done - accept it - some good stories. On to the summer and a new beginning for every team. I sense a Wings-Ducks rivalry for a few years....Go Wings!

Unforutunately you have a fair amount of people in here who seem to believe or try to compose conspiracy theories Bettman and the NHL rigging games or the referees intentionally calling a game one way or inconsistently in order for Anaheim or lesser-known or smaller-market teams to win the Cup. While I certainly don't think much of Bettman and already knew the ratings were going to be low overall on TV, it's really a shme to see how bad and bitter the whining and ranting during the Finals in here about the Ducks and the NHL.

2006-07 was a great year indeed. Wings did better than any of us could expect. Yes it stinks that they were so close to get the Finals and didn't, but they never gave up and showed more hustle and determination than ever since winning the Cup in 2002. Am definitely proud of this year's version of the Wings and don't really hold much ill will towards the Ducks anymore. Any foul taste or petty bitterness isn't going to change the results. It's done, over with, we move on.

Congrats again to the Ducks and here's hoping the Wings go 1 round higher next season and win the :cup: in 2007-08!

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

Congrats. I'm happy for the cool Ducks fans such as Duckette, Zamboni, WildWing, RobertWho... It's the best feeling in the world isn't it? All hockey fans need to feel it to truly appreciate what a beautiful moment it is.

Anyways..I am in no way trying to stir up anything, but I just saw this article on TSN that I found interesting.

Ducks a tough sell in Cali.

Apparently Paris Hilton got more coverage, and was a more popular topic than the Ducks winning? That's so wrong in so many ways. For the first time EVER a team in Cali wins the Cup and that's what they get? That's horrible. I actually feel for the team, and fans.. but even without that wench Hilton, I heard no one really did much after they won. No parties, no celebrating..nothing. Except the fans in the arena. I don't get it.

I was talking to my close friend that lives in Cali and asked him if they were partying down there for the Ducks. His response? 'The Ducks won?' He basically said he didn't know..and that no one cared. And he is a hockey fan.

Also, they should have a parade! Those are the absolute best!

Edited by HockeyCrazy3033

Congrats. I'm happy for the cool Ducks fans such as Duckette..and....Duckette. Hahaha. Seriously though. It's an incredible feeling. All hockey fans need to feel it to truly appreciate what a beautiful moment it is.

Anyways..I am in no way trying to stir up anything, but I just saw this article on TSN that I found interesting.

Apparently Paris Hilton got more coverage, and was a more popular topic than the Ducks winning? That's so wrong in so many ways. For the first time EVER a team in Cali wins the Cup and that's what they get? That's horrible. I actually feel for the team, and fans.. but even without that wench Hilton, I heard no one really did much after they won. No parties, no celebrating..nothing. Except the fans in the arena. I don't get it.

I was talking to my close friend that lives in Cali and asked him if they were partying down there for the Ducks. His response? 'The Ducks won?' He basically said he didn't know..and that no one cared. And he is a hockey fan.

There's no parade (in SoCal traffic? Are you kidding?) They never have parades. So they're having a huge blowout part at the Pond on Saturday.

And yes, apparently Paris Hilton is important, serving her whole 3 days in prison :rolleyes: The fans that the Ducks do have definitely deserve this. There are many who have waited much longer than I have and are cherishing this (though, I doubt they cherish it more than me :P)

The Ducks will be in the shadow of the Kings until next season. Soon the Ducks will be recognized. SoCal loves a winner, so if they start of strong next season, they'll steal some media attention. The Samuellis (owners) are moving in the right direction!

Congrats. I'm happy for the cool Ducks fans such as Duckette, Zamboni, WildWing, RobertWho... It's the best feeling in the world isn't it? All hockey fans need to feel it to truly appreciate what a beautiful moment it is.

I am still in shock kinda lol........its one of the greatest feelings being there and watchin teemu raise that cup, incredible...theres gonna be a huge parade saturday night at the honda ponda, rumor has it pennywise will perform cuz of our goal song but who knows....believe it or not i have seen alot of duck fans in the past couple of months, this will definetly help our fan base, pond holds about 17,700, this year we had 13,000 season ticket holders...they estimate that next year we will have 16,000 season seat holders....paris hilton can kiss my ass....i will never forget this in my life...

IPB Image

^Pennywise performing as well? This can't get any better. It's a bummer we don't have a parade (The Angels had a parade when they won the World Series), but I'll be screaming my lungs out at the two hour rally.

Three sun-belt teams have won it in a row, will the trend continue?

:clap:

Exactly. I pointed out the same thing in another thread. If Hockey has ANY hope of gaining acceptance across the US, then more markets have to be involved, not just the "on a pedestal" Original Six.

Seems that the NHL is trying to emulate the NFL in terms of how the league is run, Don't get me wrong Bettman is a ******... But the model of the NFL is a sound one.

Realistically we are all hockey fans and blind hatred towards another team or their fans isn't going to do anyone any good. Why? Because there are simply not enough of us as it is. Rivalries are great, but to look down in a pseudo- snobbish way: " Were better then you" isn't going to do anyone any favors. Or this crap about the Ducks "not worthy" of the cup espoused by some here... for any number of reasons: A movie gave them their original team name, they are dirty players, etc... get over it. Got news for you. Such talk only cheapens the next time the Wings hoist it.

Next being one of the original six teams doesn't gain anyone a free pass in this day and age.... Nor does length of time in a league simply mean a team is entitled to the cup. Heck if length of time in a laegue was the sole factor then the Chicago Cubs should be winning the World Series this year...

The NHL was once considered one of the 4 major sports... right now it might be no better then 7th in terms of popularity, at least as far as the TV ratings are concerned, which makes me sad. I want to see great hockey regardless of team, be it the Ducks, the Red Wings, the Hurricanes, or the who the hell plays on the Bluejackets....

Why do you bother even coming here? Honestly, your team won the Cup (I assume you're a Ducks, judging by the way you talk), so just leave us all alone. Or if you are a Rangers fan, going by your username, then I'm ashamed that you actually support the Ducks, with Chris Pronger in toe.

My opinion will not change whether you say they should or not. More than half of this board will agree with me about southern market teams, so I really don't give a flying f*** what you say.

Yes, the Ducks put together a good team. And a week from now, nobody will remember at all. They'll all go back to watching the Dodgers, or waiting for the Lakers to start training camp. Don't deny it, you know it's true.

I come here to talk hockey with knowledgeable fans. You don't seem to fall into that category .You seem to be of the "follow the leader, oblivious to facts/reality, homer" variety....I am, as my username would indicate, a Ranger fan...I only pulled for the Ducks because of all the b.s. posts by folks like you and several others ( Certainly not all) I respect the Wings players & organization. They obviously know what they're doing..Proof is in the pudding....

I certainly am not trying to change your opinion on anything..You've already sipped too much Red Wing kool aid for that to happen..."Half the board" would agree with you? surprise, surprise...They apparently have been drinking for the same batch of kool aid... And what about the other half of the board?..Perhaps THEY are the correct ones...

It hurts me to know that you don't give a "flying f*ck" what I say..Does this mean no Christmas card this year? :(:(

Once again, you slam the Ducks players/organization for how you perceive their fans passion level to be....I fail to see the connection... You're right, next week they will probably go back to watching the Dodgers, & Angels.. Maybe they'll even go to the beach...Or go shopping. Maybe they'll even go out to dinner...What's your point?..Should they just stop living and wait till next year? I cannot deny, nor confirm what the Duck fan will be doing next week..If you wish to fly me out there, I will gladly find out and report back to you..I prefer to stay in Hermosa Beach if you wouldn't mind booking my hotel reservations...

No i'll be here to remind you KP,The draft is coming up afterall.

I still can't figure how California is a "bull-sh&^ Southern market to some"? Do they know Anaheim is on the West coast? :blink: The Ducks had a fan base before they won the Cup. I do have some issues with some of the Southern teams - too many of them imo - some with no fan base/losing money. But, what can I do about it? I thought they should contract a few during the lockout, but it didn't happen. The "traditional" market teams need to EARN their way to the Cup. The Wings have done a good job it seems adjusting. Looks like the Rangers are getting there too. I do agree that the NHL needs to have one of those east coast teams in the finals some year soon - but what is the NHL supposed to do - rig the games?

I thoroughly agree with you that there are too many teams in the league..Certain markets just don't seem to work. Who really knows why... I wish Bettman would just chill out with all the expansion talk...Try marketing the teams you already have before you water down the talent pool again..And get a tv package that actually gets the game out to the fans..Yeah, I like what my Rangers did this year. They seem to be very close to playing with the big boys...A couple good moves this off season, and keeping the quality players they already have ( I love this kid Ryan Callahan....he shoots the puck the second he enters the building) and I could see them going very deep in the playoffs next year..Of course, you could probably say the same thing for just about every team in the league right? Enjoy the off season/summer...

Guest bullocks

There's no parade (in SoCal traffic? Are you kidding?) They never have parades. So they're having a huge blowout part at the Pond on Saturday.

And yes, apparently Paris Hilton is important, serving her whole 3 days in prison :rolleyes: The fans that the Ducks do have definitely deserve this. There are many who have waited much longer than I have and are cherishing this (though, I doubt they cherish it more than me :P)

The Ducks will be in the shadow of the Kings until next season. Soon the Ducks will be recognized. SoCal loves a winner, so if they start of strong next season, they'll steal some media attention. The Samuellis (owners) are moving in the right direction!

their having the "parade" at the arena cuz that's all the fans they have, the ones who goto the games lol i'm not trying to be funny here, it's actually tru....i know this guy who lives in cali, im like so the ducks won the cup eh? he's like what's that LOLOLOL

their having the "parade" at the arena cuz that's all the fans they have, the ones who goto the games lol i'm not trying to be funny here, it's actually tru....i know this guy who lives in cali, im like so the ducks won the cup eh? he's like what's that LOLOLOL

That's one guy who says that. There are more than 20,000 fans. I wont be there, thats one fan that wasn't at the arena and is a fan.

Don't make such assumptions, please :rolleyes:

As th' ducks are now havin' trouble fillin' thar arena fer th' cup celebration 'tis only right that now Detroit can laugh at them. We get 10's o' thousands come t' our parades (over a million fer th' first one). Th' Joe Louis Arena be ne'er enough t' hold all th' screamin' fans.... Now who has th' real attendance problems.

Edited by OsGOD

The Ponda is only expecting 10K fans at this "CUP" Rally. Sort of sad that they won't have even their arena capacity at the rally...

It's pretty disappointing if you ask me.

They were expecting anywhere from 15K to 20K. I don't know where you got only 10K from...