• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

chelios4eva

Congrats Ducks

Rate this topic

Jim Rome said it best the other day on his radio show:

" So-cal fans dont care about hockey, they care about winning. It will be forgotten within a week."

What a waste...Thena gain, Canada cant support half the franchise's theyve ever had, so what else can the NHL do but have teams in the south...

Well living in California - I'd have to say this is pretty much true what Rome said. In fact, I'd also like to mention that NO one here is celebrating and I don't live all that far from Anaheim. It's like just another day - nothing happening... makes me REALLY sad.

Congrats!

No tradition left in hockey. What, are the ******* Florida Panthers going to win it next year? Or Phoenix?

I'm getting so tired of these bulls*** southern markets winning the Cup. A week from now, everyone will have already forgotten about it. If Detroit, NY Rangers, Toronto, or a real hockey market wins it, they savor the moment. When these little bulls*** markets win it, nobody cares after the first week. I'm tired of this.

:lol:

Thank you for the laugh. I needed that. :P

I do not agree with this comment on the "southern markets" at all, there are probably more people from the Midwest in Los Angeles alone, than in all of the Midwest....Think about that one for a bit.

We are crazy about hockey.

Not to mention how badly the Lakers have been lately, the Dodgers and the Galaxy as well, plus we do not have a professional footbal team....kinda thnk about it, neither does Detroit, oops, sorry about that one! :blush: I take it back,,,,

My wife's from Michigan though, and she's a bit upset about the Wings not being in the SC, but very happy the Ducks won it. :P

In case you did not know this, California has more people than all of Canada...... <_<

Edited by brettsfullofit

Guest bullocks

I do not agree with this comment on the "southern markets" at all, there are probably more people from the Midwest in Los Angeles alone, than in all of the Midwest....Think about that one for a bit.

We are crazy about hockey.

Not to mention how badly the Lakers have been lately, the Dodgers and the Galaxy as well, plus we do not have a professional footbal team....kinda thnk about it, neither does Detroit, oops, sorry about that one! :blush: I take it back,,,,

My wife's from Michigan though, and she's a bit upset about the Wings not being in the SC, but very happy the Ducks won it. :P

In case you did not know this, California has more people than all of Canada...... <_<

and none of them can make the NHL :lol:

eeer you can't quote a quoted post? MATTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what's up with that?!

It starts wreaking mighty crazy confusing coding havoc with quotes within a quote.

Even more crazy than if life is A Dream within A Dream.

Congrats Selanne

Pronger, I hope you get so wasted tonight that you pass out and drown in your own vomit.

p.s. I hope your kid finds your corpse

Dude... what the hell is wrong with you? Are you a serial killer or something... cut it out with the death wishes already. This is probably your 3rd death wish I can remember in these playoffs... totally tasteless.

Edited by scotzman

i was at work and didnt get to watch the game, then again didnt really miss much but the ducks winning the cup and prongers name being ingraved on the cup. Proves that satan really does exists.

i was at work and didnt get to watch the game, then again didnt really miss much but the ducks winning the cup and prongers name being ingraved on the cup. Proves that satan really does exists.

No that would be Tiger Woods.

IPB Image gotta love it

Cool pic.

What's the word on Giguere's son? While I've watched all but game 3 of the Finals since the Wings got eliminated, I really haven't read a lot of hockey news in general and of just skimmed through some of the major sports sites online a few times, so I'm out of any loops.

I read his eye is something that probably isn't life threatening, but still unfortunately isn't going to go away anytime soon. Hopefully I am incorrect there and can get some more understanding of the situation.

Congrats to Giguere (save the large pad jokes, that joke got stale a long time ago), congrats to his family, and congrats for also having a new baby boy that should be healthy for the most part it seems. *crosses fingers*

Oh fighting is so bad, PIM are so bad, those teams don't go anywhere, you want your goon's go to the 70's and 80's, wah wah wah. Go give Don Cherry a kiss. Huh.

The Anaheim Ducks LED THE NHL this season in FIGHTING MAJORS, BY FAR with 71 fights, about 20+ ahead of the 2nd place team.

The Ducks also led the playoffs in fighting majors, and led the regular season in PIM for all teams!! Burke and Carlyle stressed this as being a key to their success. TOUGH, in your face hockey, Canadian style, taking NO s***, and forcing the issue.

Congrats Ducks... see ya next season

Well living in California - I'd have to say this is pretty much true what Rome said. In fact, I'd also like to mention that NO one here is celebrating and I don't live all that far from Anaheim. It's like just another day - nothing happening... makes me REALLY sad.

Congrats!

Reminds me of the '03 Cup for Jersey. I was actually watching the final game with the only Devils die-hards I've known in the area and that made it at least entertaining to watch. But by the next day, Jersey was quiet. If I remember correctly, even the local Jersey papers just had the Cup win as a little blurb at the top of the front page and then shunted you off to the sports section. In Detroit, we do it right - front page, baby.

Congratulations Ducks, minus Pronger.

I wouldn't have thought Giguere was strong enough to carry Pronger like that.

As others mentioned, this'll be a big deal in Southern California for a few days, max. Then it'll be back to the Dodgers and Kobe speculation.

:rotflmao:

Congrats to the Ducks for a well-deserved win.

It's good to see that tough, in-your-face hockey still has a place in Bettman's NHL...

Hopefully the Wings take a lesson from this and pick up a little more toughness and grit during the off-season...

This will be interesting and a little dismaying to see, as I reside in Duckland. The Ducks were definitely not even the lead story on the news last night. They were about 3rd. I also guarantee, I will not see anybody wearing any championship gear, either. They just don't 'get it' here. I know, the Ponda holds 19,000 but there's more than 13 million people in LA/OC.

The only upside to this is that I may get to go see the cup again, but I'll be cloaked in Red when i do so.

Congrats Ducks, here's to hoping your silly name never graces Lord Stanley's Cup ever again.

Guest micah
QUOTE(omnipotent_hudler @ June 6, 2007 - 11:20PM)

Congrats Selanne

Pronger, I hope you get so wasted tonight that you pass out and drown in your own vomit.

p.s. I hope your kid finds your corpse

You're a class act. I know it's probably hyperbole, a reasonable man could not hate another man that much for simply being a cheapshot artist, but civilized people simply do not talk that way. I loathe Chris Pronger, be he is a true gentleman compared to you.

Congrats ducks on a great reg season and a great Cup playoffs, and thanks for a year of what has been some of the most entertaining hockey in recent memory. Enjoy the Cup, you've earned it.

Here's hoping the wings lift that very same Cup next year.