• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

high_stick69

Sick to my stomach

Rate this topic

While I agree that today doesn't rank way up high in NHL history, IMHO the worst day in NHL history was the day that Bettman took the reins.

Now... watch my avatar for 20 seconds. If you don't at least crak a smile then you need to go to bed or have a drink.

It only took 3 seconds for me. :D

Gee, tell us how you really feel...

Somewhere tonight, Lord Stanley is rolling in his grave.

Maybe when Carolina won it he rolled over in his grave, and now that Anaheim won it he rolled over again. At least he would be right side up again.

It only took 3 seconds for me. :D

Maybe when Carolina won it he rolled over in his grave, and now that Anaheim won it he rolled over again. At least he would be right side up again.

oh for pete's sakes people,..how can you even put carolina's cup win in the same breath as The ducks. At least carolina won it with dignity.

oh for pete's sakes people,..how can you even put carolina's cup win in the same breath as The ducks. At least carolina won it with dignity.

I put it in the same breath because I wanted to use my grave rolling joke.

I tend to be a bit of a pragmatist when it comes to sports and take bad results with a shrug of the shoulders but I just can’t stand the idea of the d..du.duc…

No use can’t even say it :angry:

Let’s just say I would pretty much have preferred anyone else to be Stanley Cup Champions.

Could we just pretend that this year didn’t happen? ;)

so the raiders of hockey won the cup. well God, can't say i'm thrillled. Actually vomit everywhere is the way to put it.

ps. people moved from california to colorado, please go back

Edited by Mudvayneowns91

Guys, I'm not singling anybody out and I know this is an emotional time, but this thread is the whiniest and most pathetic I've seen in five

years on this board.

I've come to hate the Ducks as much as anybody over the last eight weeks (heck, living in SoCal, I've disliked them longer than most,) but to say that they only won because of lucky bounces and refereeing decisions is absurd.

Yes, Pronger is an unspeakable word. Yeah, the Niedermayers took cheap shots. Yes, Perry is a ****. And you know what? They won. And yes, they deserved it. Scoreboard. End of story.

And unfortunately, they're not just going to disappear anytime soon. Since the new ownership group took over last year, they've become one of the best-run organizations in hockey. They may not repeat next year, but they're going to be a force for a while. Sorry, but the Ducks are here to stay.

:clap:

The one thing that makes me feel so disgusted and violated is watching Pronger skate with the cup. I hope the prick celebrates with it and falls down the stairs or something and tears his ACL again. I hate him but not as bad as I hate the new NHL and Gary Bettman. Knowing that the Detroit Red Wings got screwd out of the cup this year makes me so mad, the only way that can ease my pain is knowing that either Pronger or Bettman have something extremely bad happen to them. They can go to hell.

The Red Wings didn't get screwed out of a Cup. They didn't capitalize on more of the chances they had. Anaheim capitalized on less chances. That happens a lot in hockey and is nothing new.

Guest LivingtheDream

The ducks did NOT deserve it and did NOT earn it. I don't think they played that well at all. The wins and the score are all that matters, but to say this team earned it is far fetched...

That is just the dumbest comment. They won the games so they win the Cup - get it? However, you can say Detroit did not deserve the Cup BECAUSE THEY f***ED UP ON SO MANY CHANCES! The Sens did not deserve to win the Cup because they didn't show up. The Preds didn't deserve to win the Cup because they really aren't that great of a hockey team. Buffalo didn't deserve to win the Cup because they are soft. See how it works?

Guys, I'm not singling anybody out and I know this is an emotional time, but this thread is the whiniest and most pathetic I've seen in five

years on this board.

I've come to hate the Ducks as much as anybody over the last eight weeks (heck, living in SoCal, I've disliked them longer than most,) but to say that they only won because of lucky bounces and refereeing decisions is absurd.

Yes, Pronger is an unspeakable word. Yeah, the Niedermayers took cheap shots. Yes, Perry is a ****. And you know what? They won. And yes, they deserved it. Scoreboard. End of story.

And unfortunately, they're not just going to disappear anytime soon. Since the new ownership group took over last year, they've become one of the best-run organizations in hockey. They may not repeat next year, but they're going to be a force for a while. Sorry, but the Ducks are here to stay.

They deserved it because they were relentless. Sure, they got lucky at times, but it was usually because of their aggression. Classless aggression, but aggression nonetheless. They made their own breaks.

Wow you are a two faced gutless wonder....First you say that they didn't win because of lucky bounces and bad refereeing...Then turn around and say that got lucky at times and had classless aggression....You wouldn't be a NHL ref by chance making calls like that would you?

The part that bugs me about the whole thing is how much celebration is given to Pronger when he was suspended twice through the course of the playoffs... Fell how you want about it, but loses his cool and attacks guys on the ice with intent to injure, and is still paraded as a hero who does what he needs to in order to bring home the cup, F- That...

Bettman's 'new NHL' seems to have a short memory... Although Bettman is the guy that thinks we're rivals with St. Louis....

-Joe

Thank goodness that I, Sgt. Angry, have forced myself to mellow out a bit this year. Be that as it may, I, like many of you, only watched the SCF in bits and pieces. The SCF games are what I watched during the commercial breaks during the Tiger games or NASCAR races. Just a couple of observations (whines?):

1. Outplaying the Ducks, but losing: - We should not be surprised at this. I would wager that if you took all of the RW losses this season, you would find that the Wings outshot the opposition in about 70-80% of those losses. That the Wings need more shots to score a goal than any other team has been a reality for at least the past 5 years.

2. The officiating: - One of these years, the RW organization will realize that the officials ARE NOT going to call the playoff games the same as the regular season. I think it's getting closer, but still not there. I still think that if the Wings used the same "physicality" as other teams, though, they would find themselves in the box more often than those other teams.

3. Names on the Cup: - I, too, resolved that there was no way I was going to watch Pronger lift the cup. Pronger is one of a growing list of players, past and present, that I've grown to dislike, simply because they always seem to show up on teams that I can't stand - Pronger, Neidermeier, Langenbruner, Blake, Claude Lemieux, Mike Keane.

The most comforting thought is still that the Wings very much exceeded my expectations at the beginning of the season.

sounds like we have a lot of drama queens/kings around these parts now.

lighten up people.

congratulations to anaheim for weathering the storm and taking home hockey's coveted prize.

the only good thing is that's it's all over...

My thoughts exactly.

I can't help but feel alittle sick about it, whether its rational to think that way or not. But its over now, most of SoCal will probably forget by the Friday night anyway.

Thank god it's over!!! Way to lay down Ottawa!

Definetly opportunity lost this year, however we should be fine.

Here's too Pronger spending his day with the cup behind bars while he gets a slow mop handle in the ass!

Wings 2008!

Edited by HuntsVegas Baby

I don't like the fact that Pronger got the Cup either. I'm especially annoyed that Brian Burke got one. He's really going to be insufferable now. The thing is, I can't say that I hate the Ducks. Hate would require me to care. Maybe if the Wings face them two or three more times in the playoffs, then I'll care. For now, it was just another team that won the Cup. Good for them. When does training camp start?

Ducks are just a one year wonder after this. Next year people will forget who the Ducks are. They're a nobody organization.

Agreed.

The Ducks will be lucky to advance a round or two next year. As you said they are the exact definition of a one-hit wonder. In just a few short months no-one will be remember these guys, their fans will be cheering for the Kings again and no-one will talk about them except maybe Bettman who, while keeping a straight face, will insist "hockey IS working in California". :huh::unsure:

There's good news in all of this. Detroit prides itself on contending every year, the Duckies aren't even taken seriously.

Pretty damn difficut to repeat, but to think they are going to miss the playoffs is a pretty bold and obnoxious statement.

History is not on your side, the Ducks won last night, and still are nowhere near the best in the NHL. Ain't that funny.

Let's see: one could hear a ******* pin drop in the Pond when the Cup was presented. Pathetic. Utterly pathetic. Nobody cares about hockey in SoCal. Good job, Bettman: you've successfully brought the Cup finals to two small market teams for the second year in a row. For the second year in a row, the ratings were horrible and the Cup was hoisted in a town that--except for those in attendance, minus Arnold--couldn't give a f*ck less about hockey.

Nice job dragging the NHL down in flames, douchebag.

Congrats on winning the cup, goonsquad. Now, if you'll excuse me, that shot of the Pronger family has caused me a fit of uncontrollable vomiting. Adios.

:clap::clap:

Here's too Pronger spending his day with the cup behind bars while he gets a slow mop handle in the ass!

Ouch :!: Edited by motorcitykid

how should it be the wings? the wings got beat. i've been a wings fan for about twelve years and it took me a coupal days to get over the defeat. but plz, stop talkin to an idiot. get over it!

If read the entire post, you'd see the point of it is that it hurts to see someone else hoisting the cup, and EDDIE OLYCZK IS AN ANNOYING ******.....hopefully it won't take another 12 years for you to figure that out.

Edited by high_stick69

Wow you are a two faced gutless wonder....First you say that they didn't win because of lucky bounces and bad refereeing...Then turn around and say that got lucky at times and had classless aggression....You wouldn't be a NHL ref by chance making calls like that would you?

What part of "They created their own luck" wasn't clear? I never said they won simply because of bounces. I said that they created mistakes by the opposition by being faster and more aggressive. And yes, by being utter twats.

I don't like it any more than you.

Guest MrSandMan

If read the entire post, you'd see the point of it is that it hurts to see someone else hoisting the cup, and EDDIE OLYCZK IS AN ANNOYING ******.....hopefully it won't take another 12 years for you to figure that out.

You can't talk logic to this guy (or woman?)

He (she) either;

A) Have zero (zilch) hockey knowledge.

B) Closet Duck lover.

C) all the above.

I vote for "C".

I disregard whatever this chump writes. Never once have I read any thing wriiten from that user that contributes anything to hockey what-so-ever!

Thank you, Mr. Realpolitik. Has it occurred to you that perhaps people do NOT find such displays of hideous sportsmanship acceptable, no matter the resultant outcome?

Of course. Look, there's two levels of "deserving," in my opinion. There's the simple Balance of Play level, and then there's the Moral Class level. While the Ducks had no business winning on the latter, it's only the former that counts in sports. They were the best team because they were aggressive and opportunistic.

Again, I don't like it any more than you. I have to actually deal with these fans for the next year.

You can't talk logic to this guy (or woman?)

He (she) either;

A) Have zero (zilch) hockey knowledge.

B) Closet Duck lover.

C) all the above.

I vote for "C".

I disregard whatever this chump writes. Never once have I read any thing wriiten from that user that contributes anything to hockey what-so-ever!

And your incessant whining throughout the playoffs was a real huge contributing factor to the site. Once again Matt thanks for having us/other fans on,really great site i can appreciate with overall some real great people. It was an incredible year for My ducks,i watched about 50 games in all this year and went on a ride very similar to 2002-3 but ending in an absolutely magical way. Obviously this was the best ducks team in history and looks poised to compete very hard for the next few years for the prize. With the youth movement in place in Anaheim i beg to differ with those who say they won't be back,because they are simply gonna get better. Perry/Getzlaf 22 years old,Penner 23,Beauchemin 23,Scott and Chris both signed for four more years,sammi and Travis late twenties,Andy Mac late twenties,Kunitz 25. I see some pieces that are in place and signing Giguere is their top priority and more importantly he likes playing in Anaheim. I know how hard it is for a team to repeat so i will stop short of saying that,but anyone who doesn't believe the ducks will be back,must also think Detroit isn't gonna be back. Be bitter,spit venom,have at it,i just watched the greatest Finals of my life and i'm on cloud nine. Adios Detroit!

Guest MrSandMan

And your incessant whining throughout the playoffs was a real huge contributing factor to the site. Once again Matt thanks for having us/other fans on,really great site i can appreciate with overall some real great people. It was an incredible year for My ducks,i watched about 50 games in all this year and went on a ride very similar to 2002-3 but ending in an absolutely magical way. Obviously this was the best ducks team in history and looks poised to compete very hard for the next few years for the prize. With the youth movement in place in Anaheim i beg to differ with those who say they won't be back,because they are simply gonna get better. Perry/Getzlaf 22 years old,Penner 23,Beauchemin 23,Scott and Chris both signed for four more years,sammi and Travis late twenties,Andy Mac late twenties,Kunitz 25. I see some pieces that are in place and signing Giguere is their top priority and more importantly he likes playing in Anaheim. I know how hard it is for a team to repeat so i will stop short of saying that,but anyone who doesn't believe the ducks will be back,must also think Detroit isn't gonna be back. Be bitter,spit venom,have at it,i just watched the greatest Finals of my life and i'm on cloud nine. Adios Detroit!

Whinning? I think allducks dot com win the 'official' whinning award.

...And your class "A"(sshole) Pronger when he gets a game suspension or two (withing 5 games apart) .

Don't confuse Ducks "winning" with "whinning" award- The Ducks didn't win anything... they were, however, given something they didn't earn or deserve.

Adios to you and your one year wonder team (lack of a better word) :thumbdown:

Whinning? I think allducks dot com win the 'official' whinning award.

...And your class "A"(sshole) Pronger when he gets a game suspension or two (withing 5 games apart) .

Don't confuse Ducks "winning" with "whinning" award- The Ducks didn't win anything... they were, however, given something they didn't earn or deserve.

Adios to you and your one year wonder team (lack of a better word) :thumbdown:

Sandman, you're giving us a bad name. He's absolutely right. You are whining.

Congrats, Zamboni. I hate your team passionately, but you won the cup and we didn't.