• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Never_Retire_Steve

S. Nierdermayer

Rate this topic

He's unreal winning his 4th Cup and all but how the hell did he win the Conn Smythe? Honestly, someone shed som light for me on this

Rob Neiderwiener is like a little girl, brother Scott seemed irritated with him.

I also feel Giggy deserved the Conn Smythe. If not for him, we all know the Ducks wouldn't have made it this far. I kinda feel like the NHL was confused with who to give it to, so why not give it to the captain? It's the most PC choice.

I also feel Giggy deserved the Conn Smythe. If not for him, we all know the Ducks wouldn't have made it this far. I kinda feel like the NHL was confused with who to give it to, so why not give it to the captain? It's the most PC choice.

I think the goalie is the most PC choice, unless he has a French name...

I felt the same way. i was expecting JS to win it. when they said neidermeyer (spelling) won it i was like WHAAAAAT!?!?!. wasnt expecting it at all.

True, but he was far from the best in the playoffs

Also true.

Whereas Giggy was spectacular.

I thought that it was funny how Bettman had a LOT to say. When Neidermayer got to the cup he had to pull it out of Bettmans cold, clammy hands.

God awful decision, S. Neidermayer's overrated legacy carries on. Jiggy should have won it, then maybe Pahlsson.

If Alfredsson hadn't shot the puck at him in game 4, he probably would have won it.

He was the most deserving in my eyes. I don't think anyone on the Ducks really stood out. It was a true team effort.

Niedermayer didn't deserve it. I think the voters must've forgot that the Smythe means Playoff MVP, not Finals MVP. He looked pretty average to me in the Wings series and I wasn't even that impressed with him in the finals. Should've been Giguere.

IMO, I definitely think it should have been Guiguire. The only reason I ever saw Neidermayer on the ice was only whenever the obsessed commentators mentioned his name (which was basically everytime he was on the ice). :blush:

How can anyone on these boards say that J.S. isn't the playoff MVP. Answer me this:

Who was blocking 30-40+ shots per game from our beloved Red Wings?

Who is the reason why the Ducks won so many 1 point games?

Who was it that finished with the best Save% outside the 2nd round?

Who was it that showed the most character by being with his ill child in a time of need?

Who else on the ice is not guilty of going out and cheap shotting players(esp. a player on the Ducks)?

The man single handedly stopped our team. The only exception being the night the Wings chased him out of the net.... Speaking of which since when are goalies pulled after 30 min for giving up 3 goals? The man must have been ill or had a minor injury that night.

I will quit the Giggy lovin' and the speculation. But ole grey hair definitely does not deserve the recognition for being the playoff MVP.

Niedermayer didn't deserve it. I think the voters must've forgot that the Smythe means Playoff MVP, not Finals MVP. He looked pretty average to me in the Wings series and I wasn't even that impressed with him in the finals. Should've been Giguere.

Yep. I actually think he was below average in the playoffs from what I've seen. If it were a season MVP then yeah it goes to Scott, but not the playoffs. Giggy should of won it hands down. Even Pahlsson or Getzlaf over Scott.

He's unreal winning his 4th Cup and all but how the hell did he win the Conn Smythe? Honestly, someone shed som light for me on this

that was the name on the piece of paper they pulled from the hat.

Guest bullocks

God awful decision, S. Neidermayer's overrated legacy carries on. Jiggy should have won it, then maybe Pahlsson.

yes, neidermayer is over-rated...yet he's won a world junoir championship, world championship, olympic gold medal, memorial cup, 4 stanley cups, norris trophies, conn smythe...but yep, over-rated!

I thought it was a good choice - even if the number don't add up. Acually Lidstrom has better numbers than Scott, considering. Actually, Nick pretty much outplayed him in the WCF. That said, he was pretty much the glue that held the Ducks together. With Pronger going off the deepend, he had to keep the team focused and p/u extra minutes. I thought Giguere was the only other possible choice, but he had enough shaky games and didn't even play at the beginning of the playoffs. The Sens hardly threw any shots at him. MVP of the Wings series - no doubt. But overall, I don't think SN was a bad choice.

Now, if he gets the Norris over Nick, I WILL really be mad..... :angry: