• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Never_Retire_Steve

S. Nierdermayer

Rate this topic

i loved moen. i think he was definitely and unsung hero. i wouldnt really consider him for the conn smythe. getzlaf was huge, mcdonald, selanne, but when you think of anaheim you think of the following:

goldberg, conway, and bombay. but they cant win

pronger. theres no way they could justify winning possibly the two most important games without cheap shot mcgee yet hes the mvp.

j.s. gigiure, but he didnt start the playoffs and he had some average and sub average games.

selanne was not a no show but not a stand out either.

neidermeyer. captain, defence, which wins championships, and he scored some huge goals.

How can anyone on these boards say that J.S. isn't the playoff MVP. Answer me this:

Who was blocking 30-40+ shots per game from our beloved Red Wings?

Who is the reason why the Ducks won so many 1 point games?

Who was it that finished with the best Save% outside the 2nd round?

Who was it that showed the most character by being with his ill child in a time of need?

Who else on the ice is not guilty of going out and cheap shotting players(esp. a player on the Ducks)?

The man single handedly stopped our team. The only exception being the night the Wings chased him out of the net.... Speaking of which since when are goalies pulled after 30 min for giving up 3 goals? The man must have been ill or had a minor injury that night.

I will quit the Giggy lovin' and the speculation. But ole grey hair definitely does not deserve the recognition for being the playoff MVP.

1. Detroit didn't get that many GREAT shots at him, just alot of easy shots for him to stop.

2. The defense stopped alot before they got to the jiggy.

3. Yes he did have a great save % but the defense shot basically all the second chance shots out of there.

4. I don't think he showed alot of character, but I don't have an ill child so I don't know.

5. I would say the captain did not cheap shot people, he played good "D" not GREAT, just enough to make it hard on opposing team to win.

I do have to add the game after we chased him out of net we did get 4 goals that game. In game 6 we did get 3 goals in the 3rd period ALONE. So if I had that up we got 11 goals total on him in games 4,5, and 6. He didn't win the mvp in my eyes.

yes, neidermayer is over-rated...yet he's won a world junoir championship, world championship, olympic gold medal, memorial cup, 4 stanley cups, norris trophies, conn smythe...but yep, over-rated!

Leadership, that's why he got the tropjy, plus the guy's a class act and everyone in his team is very happy HE got it! Totally deserved it!

Edited by brettsfullofit

yes, neidermayer is over-rated...yet he's won a world junoir championship, world championship, olympic gold medal, memorial cup, 4 stanley cups, norris trophies, conn smythe...but yep, over-rated!

right, as long as we agree. three of those stanley cups his D partner was a future hall of fame D man named scott stevens, This year he had Pronger.Lets see what he does when he actually has to play D the way nick Did this year, all by his freaking self. 2002 had nothing to do with him if your talking about canada's gold and that's norris trophy, not trophies. I guess we look at him through the eyes of nick lidstrom a man who's beaten him out for that norris trophy three times, about to be four if there's justice in the NHL.

Edited by theman19

Who was it that showed the most character by being with his ill child in a time of need?

Giguere deserved the Conn Smythe. That being said, exactly how is being with his ill child a reason for him to have won it? Why would that have anything to do with the selection?

Guest bullocks

right, as long as we agree. three of those stanley cups his D partner was a future hall of fame D man named scott stevens, This year he had Pronger.Lets see what he does when he actually has to play D the way nick Did this year, all by his freaking self. 2002 had nothing to do with him if your talking about canada's gold and that's norris trophy, not trophies. I guess we look at him through the eyes of nick lidstrom a man who's beaten him out for that norris trophy three times, about to be four if there's justice in the NHL.

* u mean beat him out for it four times, and about to be five. although, i still don't see how you ppl can discount what he's done with that kind of resume. hey i guess he didn't score the OT winner in game 2 or the tieing goal in game 5 as well.

Giggy not winning MVP probably has something to do with him not playing the first few games. Also, he was only 8th in SV%. I think he would have been a good choice, but not the best. The MVP was Pahlsson in my eyes. McDonald only really showed up in the finals.

I read somewhere the day before game 5 that they may give it SN for redemption in '03' when they gave it to Giggy. Many felt that SN should have gotten it that year but since the Ducks truly rode to the finals on Giggy's shoulders they had to give it too him.

SN scored some big goals, (OT vs Wings, tying goal vs Wings, OT to close out Van.) and he did step up his play when Pronger was out. I have to agree that this was a total team effort and anyone could have won it, including Alfredson. Not a bad choice.

When there's no clear choice, but one of the candidates is the captain, you give it to him.

Good point.

With that said, Yzerman was the one who deserved it in '98 though. ;)

too bad "most valuable" doesn't really mean most valuable. neidermayer wasn't the most valuable, the dude was no where inthe first round, ok in the second, we made him look like a fool in our series, and against the sens he was good but not conn smythe.

no one on the ducks deserved it. most of the team were headhunting ******* and no one play er stood out because they shouldnt have made it past the conf finals. give it to alfreddsson for lack of a deserving duck.without him they wouldve sank in the first rounds.

Giguere deserved it in 2003, but not this year. He didn't put the team on his back this time, it was a real team effort. So many guys came up big for that team. So I think picking captain Nieds was a good choice. He's the captain of the team, and the team istelf truly was the MVP. No single player carried them.

Plus, I think they could have won with either Bryz or Giggy in nets.

Edited by GoHabs007

I also feel Giggy deserved the Conn Smythe. If not for him, we all know the Ducks wouldn't have made it this far. I kinda feel like the NHL was confused with who to give it to, so why not give it to the captain? It's the most PC choice.

I agree , Giggy is the main reason that the Ducks won . He pulled off a hell of a lot of awsome saves during their Cup run , a lot of lucky saves too . but saves that were a main factor in the Ducks Winning the Cup..