• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
A.T.Hun

Help Hockey

Rate this topic

according to wikipedia:

"Comcast, owner of cable networks like Versus, E! Entertainment Television and G4, is also one of the largest operators of cable systems in the United States. They are contractually obligated to have NHL Network on its systems by summer 2007 at the latest, so it should be available in the United States beginning with either the 2006-07 or 2007-08 NHL season. If Comcast does not launch the NHL Network by summer 2007, they have to pay a $15 million penalty to the NHL. [3] However, both Comcast and the NHL have an option to end their contract after the 2006-07 season, which would void Comcast's obligation to launch a U.S. version of NHL Network.[4] According to hockeybuzz.com[5], the NHL Network U.S. already has a control center already up and ready to go in Washington D.C. The major obstacle that must be overcome before actual launch is that the NHL wants the network to be paid for by the customer as part of an expanded sports tier. How many cable and satellite companies are willing to make this arrangement is unclear at this time. There is also the backdrop of ongoing problems between some cable providers and NFL Network over carriage terms."

As much as I'd love to see an NHL Network in the US, I'd love it even more if it went beyond just the NHL. I would want to see an AHL and ECHL Game of the Week, as well as regular College hockey coverage; in-depth shows, like a version of Cribs, a "Day in the Life" type show, and some team-specific shows; coverage of Team USA in international competition (WC, WJC, 18-U WC, etc); maybe even some broadcasts of the NTDP games in Ann Arbor; and of course, show hockey movies and tapes of old classic games. Also, they could tape and show USA Hockey National Championship games.

As much as I'd love to see an NHL Network in the US, I'd love it even more if it went beyond just the NHL. I would want to see an AHL and ECHL Game of the Week, as well as regular College hockey coverage; in-depth shows, like a version of Cribs, a "Day in the Life" type show, and some team-specific shows; coverage of Team USA in international competition (WC, WJC, 18-U WC, etc); maybe even some broadcasts of the NTDP games in Ann Arbor; and of course, show hockey movies and tapes of old classic games. Also, they could tape and show USA Hockey National Championship games.

Also, they could supply the beer and hot wings. :D

I agree. If someone who doesn't watch hockey regularly and sees a commercial like that may draw him to watch the next game. You need to show what appeals to people and violence is one of those very things.

Hey kids, do you like violence?

Also, they could supply the beer and hot wings. :D

This new station sounds awesome!!! :clap:

I think that the NHL needs to do more then just getting on a good station, (don't give me wrong but being on a station that will advertise more for the games will help out a lot). I think the NHL needs to sponsor hockey camps in areas that have an NHL team. And they don't have to only have ice hockey camps because that would only limit it to those areas that have ice hockey leagues, but include inline hockey leagues. With something like this it could increase a communities interest in the sport. I didn't get into the sport because I watched it but becasue I was playing a type of hockey (street hockey). I know some teams like the Wings do have camps but thats only a couple areas.

I have to disagree with the people who want to see the southern teams get moved to a more "hockey friendly" area. Are you going to say that those people who used to live in the north but moved to the south, because of work or something else, are not good enough to be able to have a chance to see an NHL game if they could. For people living in Michigan more are moving out of the state to find work and I most likely will be moving out to get good work in the Electrical Engineering field. I hope that where I move to they will have Ice Hockey but if not I hope they have Inline Hockey because hockey is hockey to me.

My thoughts:

1. Bring back fighting, I know I am a neanderthal. Fighting keeps the average fan enthusiastic about the game. Bottom line it is exciting and we seen less silly injuries when there was fighting.

Hey if watching a good fight makes us neanderthals then thats what we are. I'm a simple fan to please. A good fight will have me smiling the rest of the night. A good fight and a win will make me happy the rest of the week.

Pacific Division: Anaheim, Calgary, Edmonton, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Portland, San Jose, Vancouver

Central Division: Chicago, Colorado, Dallas, Houston, Kansas City, Madison, Minnesota, St. Louis

Northeast Division; Boston, Buffalo, Columbus, Detroit, Kitchener, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto

Atlantic Division: Atlanta, Carolina, New Jersey, NY Islanders, NY Rangers, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Tampa Bay

eva, I like those relocation/expansion teams, and the divisions.