• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
LeftWinger

Draft Day is Friday, June 22nd

Rate this topic

...not sure if anyone hsa created a thread or if it should be posted here or somewhere else, but here is the draft order. Starting with the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, the Stanley Cup runner-up will receive the 29th pick, the conference finalists will get the 27th and 28th picks, and each team eliminated prior to the conference finals will receive the next higher picks.

The draft order of the first 14 picks was determined by a lottery involving the non-playoff teams on April 10 [2].

Under the weighted lottery system, the club with the fewest regular-season points had the greatest chance (25%) of winning the Draft Drawing and could pick no lower than second at the 2007 Entry Draft. The winner of the drawing would move up a maximum of four places, with all other clubs' draft order being adjusted accordingly (no team moving down more than one spot).

As you can see the Red Wings get the 27th pick because they were eliminated in the conference finals.

1. Chicago Blackhawks

2. Philadelphia Flyers

3. Phoenix Coyotes

4. Los Angeles Kings

5. Washington Capitals

6. Edmonton Oilers

7. Columbus Blue Jackets

8. Boston Bruins

9. St. Louis Blues

10. Florida Panthers

11. Carolina Hurricanes

12. Montreal Canadiens

13. Toronto Maple Leafs

14. Colorado Avalanche

15. Edmonton Oilers (from New York Islanders [3])

16. Anaheim Ducks (from Tampa Bay Lightning [4])

17. New York Rangers

18. Calgary Flames

19. Minnesota Wild

20. Pittsburgh Penguins

21. Phoenix Coyotes (from Dallas Stars [5])

22. Montreal Canadiens (from San Jose Sharks [6])

23. Philadelphia Flyers (from Nashville Predators [7])

24. St. Louis Blues (from Atlanta Thrashers [8])

25. Vancouver Canucks

26. St. Louis Blues (from New Jersey Devils via San Jose Sharks [9])

27. Detroit Red Wings

28. Washington Capitals (from Buffalo Sabres [10])

29. Ottawa Senators

30. Edmonton Oilers (from Anaheim Ducks [11])

Here are the top ten North American and European prospects:

Skaters:

North American European

1 Kyle Turris © Alexei Cherepanov (RW)

2 Patrick Kane (RW) Mikael Backlund ©

3 James Van Riemsdyk (LW) Lars Eller (C/W)

4 Keaton Ellerby (D) Maxim Mayorov (RW)

5 Karl Alzner (D) Joakim Andersson ©

6 Sam Gagner © Simon Hjalmarsson (RW)

7 Jakub Voracek (RW) Nichlas Torp (D)

8 Angelo Esposito © Sergei Korostin (RW)

9 Zach Hamill © Maxim Goncharov (D)

10 David Perron (LW) Evgeni Dadonov (RW)

Goalers:

North American European

1 Jeremy Smith Joel Gistedt

2 Trevor Cann Mark Owuya

3 Antoine Lafleur Marek Benda

...I am not a huge follower of amatuer hockey, but I know a lot of our outstanding members are, so let's get the discussion going on the future instead of all this "I hate Pronger/McCreary/Bettman/Holland/Sergei/etc..."

Good idea. :)

I expect Kyle Turris to be taken #1 overall. The scouting reports on him have been really good, and he scored an impressive 66 goals and 55 assists for 121 points. Most scouts believe he'll go #1 overall this year.

Cherepanov will drop. Despite his record setting season in Russia, the lack of a trasnfer agreement will surely drop him from being the clear cut #1 overall. He has the talent, but his work ethic, along with the lack of transfer agreement, will come to play.

Don't know too much about everyone else yet. Jakub Voracek and Angelo Esposito are supposed to be pretty good players. The draft doesn't have quite the talent level this year as in years past (some are actually calling it down right weak, but I doubt that), and I don't know too much about the other availble choices. I'll look up some of them later when I get the time.

Oh yeah, by the way, if the Wings do use their first round pick, he'll probably be a Swedish guy. Like always, right? ;)

...not sure if anyone hsa created a thread or if it should be posted here or somewhere else, but here is the draft order. Starting with the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, the Stanley Cup runner-up will receive the 29th pick, the conference finalists will get the 27th and 28th picks, and each team eliminated prior to the conference finals will receive the next higher picks.

The draft order of the first 14 picks was determined by a lottery involving the non-playoff teams on April 10 [2].

Under the weighted lottery system, the club with the fewest regular-season points had the greatest chance (25%) of winning the Draft Drawing and could pick no lower than second at the 2007 Entry Draft. The winner of the drawing would move up a maximum of four places, with all other clubs' draft order being adjusted accordingly (no team moving down more than one spot).

As you can see the Red Wings get the 27th pick because they were eliminated in the conference finals.

1. Chicago Blackhawks

2. Philadelphia Flyers

3. Phoenix Coyotes

4. Los Angeles Kings

5. Washington Capitals

6. Edmonton Oilers

7. Columbus Blue Jackets

8. Boston Bruins

9. St. Louis Blues

10. Florida Panthers

11. Carolina Hurricanes

12. Montreal Canadiens

13. Toronto Maple Leafs

14. Colorado Avalanche

15. Edmonton Oilers (from New York Islanders [3])

16. Anaheim Ducks (from Tampa Bay Lightning [4])

17. New York Rangers

18. Calgary Flames

19. Minnesota Wild

20. Pittsburgh Penguins

21. Phoenix Coyotes (from Dallas Stars [5])

22. Montreal Canadiens (from San Jose Sharks [6])

23. Philadelphia Flyers (from Nashville Predators [7])

24. St. Louis Blues (from Atlanta Thrashers [8])

25. Vancouver Canucks

26. St. Louis Blues (from New Jersey Devils via San Jose Sharks [9])

27. Detroit Red Wings

28. Washington Capitals (from Buffalo Sabres [10])

29. Ottawa Senators

30. Edmonton Oilers (from Anaheim Ducks [11])

Here are the top ten North American and European prospects:

Skaters:

North American European

1 Kyle Turris © Alexei Cherepanov (RW)

2 Patrick Kane (RW) Mikael Backlund ©

3 James Van Riemsdyk (LW) Lars Eller (C/W)

4 Keaton Ellerby (D) Maxim Mayorov (RW)

5 Karl Alzner (D) Joakim Andersson ©

6 Sam Gagner © Simon Hjalmarsson (RW)

7 Jakub Voracek (RW) Nichlas Torp (D)

8 Angelo Esposito © Sergei Korostin (RW)

9 Zach Hamill © Maxim Goncharov (D)

10 David Perron (LW) Evgeni Dadonov (RW)

Goalers:

North American European

1 Jeremy Smith Joel Gistedt

2 Trevor Cann Mark Owuya

3 Antoine Lafleur Marek Benda

...I am not a huge follower of amatuer hockey, but I know a lot of our outstanding members are, so let's get the discussion going on the future instead of all this "I hate Pronger/McCreary/Bettman/Holland/Sergei/etc..."

So you listed the top 26 players and Detroit picks 27th..... :blink:

Its really tricky to make predictions/recommendations on this, not only because of our current goalie and defense situation, but also because Holland is most famous for what he does in the 4th round, not the first. Hes always had a knack for striking gold on somebody no-ones ever heard of.

So you listed the top 26 players and Detroit picks 27th..... :blink:

...sorry, I only listed the players that I found already listed on the site I got my info from. I already said I am not the smartest amatuer hockey guy, but yeah, I look at what you pointed out and laugh my a$$ off too!!! :hehe:

i love your sig, booster. Veeerrrryy clean

Thanks but I can't take credit....offsides hooked it up!

I like the Tattoo, I've often thought if I were to get a tattoo it would have to be something I'd love forever...like the Wings!

...sorry, I only listed the players that I found already listed on the site I got my info from. I already said I am not the smartest amatuer hockey guy, but yeah, I look at what you pointed out and laugh my a$$ off too!!! :hehe:

That was the intent I was just poking fun. :lol:

I know NOTHING about amateur hockey except the guys in our system, the only other player I heard buzz on before he came up was Sid the Kid. Hockey is different than other sports, The pro league is barely popular enough to garner media attention let alone the college and minor league teams. We live in one of the biggest Hockey markets in the US and unless the guy is coming from the CCHA chances are we've never seen him or even heard of him. It's times like this I wish I lived in Canada.

Edited by Booster313

I always get excited about the draft even though the Wings haven't had anything resembling a high pick since the Taft administration. Word on the street is Philadelphia or Phoenix may entertain offers for their picks if it means acquiring an elite top-line center, and I would imagine LA might deal or trade down since their biggest need is in goal and this draft is a goalie wasteland. As for the Wings, the draft is pretty weak overall so I expect they'll go straight to Sweden and try to dig up more Zetterbergs.

Guest bullocks

Good idea. :)

I expect Kyle Turris to be taken #1 overall. The scouting reports on him have been really good, and he scored an impressive 66 goals and 55 assists for 121 points. Most scouts believe he'll go #1 overall this year.

Cherepanov will drop. Despite his record setting season in Russia, the lack of a trasnfer agreement will surely drop him from being the clear cut #1 overall. He has the talent, but his work ethic, along with the lack of transfer agreement, will come to play.

Don't know too much about everyone else yet. Jakub Voracek and Angelo Esposito are supposed to be pretty good players. The draft doesn't have quite the talent level this year as in years past (some are actually calling it down right weak, but I doubt that), and I don't know too much about the other availble choices. I'll look up some of them later when I get the time.

Oh yeah, by the way, if the Wings do use their first round pick, he'll probably be a Swedish guy. Like always, right? ;)

kane will go #1, turris #2.

...that is what I am expecting, but maybe Holland will pull a rabbit out of his hat. A choose a Fin... :lol:

or maybe he'll use his head and pick a north american (canadian) :lol:

Patrick White, Mike Hoeffel, or Colton Gillies

i really like gillies...

Colton Gillies

Ht/Wt: 6-4/194 lbs

Position:C

Drafted From:Saskatoon (WHL)

Is a power forward that has great speed, size and the ability to land punishing hits. A consistent player that is solid on the penalty kill uses his long reach to his advantage. Needs to work on his positioning and skills around the net.

Guest MrSandMan

It's freaken awesome when Wings find a diamond in the rough! Their 27th pick will be better than the average teams 3rd pick.

Gotta love the Wings world class scouts.

I just can't get over the fact that a BCHL player is scouted as the #1 pick. Is this guy the real deal? I don't know, if I were Chicago, I'd pick Cherepanov.

Guest bullocks

I just can't get over the fact that a BCHL player is scouted as the #1 pick. Is this guy the real deal? I don't know, if I were Chicago, I'd pick Cherepanov.

why would u pick a russian #1 when there is no IIHF agreement? :unsure:

why would u pick a russian #1 when there is no IIHF agreement? :unsure:

I'm not sure but didn't they settle for one? I mean, isn't that a big reason as to why Grigs is coming over next season? Regardless, whatever they'll have to do, Cherepanov is the real deal. I'm not sold on this Turris fella just yet.

Guest bullocks

I'm not sure but didn't they settle for one? I mean, isn't that a big reason as to why Grigs is coming over next season? Regardless, whatever they'll have to do, Cherepanov is the real deal. I'm not sold on this Turris fella just yet.

naw they didn't settle as to my knowledge. and also, turris will prolly go #2. i think kane will go #1.

Yeah, he'd be a good winger to complement Toews that's for sure.

This draft actually concerns me alot because I'm a partial Hawks fan as well.

All the scouting reports have Turris going 1st or 2nd. Chicago wont take Cherepanov , Washington probably will.

On another thread someone had brought up Blackhawk Dman Vandermeer, & what it would take to make him a Red Wing. Are there any "rumors" floating around about this? Figured since you have a soft-spot for the Hawks maybe you'd know of something.

I have never heard any rumours, but why would we want Vandermeer? He's a solid stay-at-home defensemen and that's far from what we're looking for. Chelios, Lilja, and (hopefully) Markov fit that description quite nicely. Never heard any rumours of this, but it wouldn't make any sense, even if we do lose Schneider and Markov. Plus Vandermeer's an RFA this season probably seeking a little more of a pretty penny.

Yeah, it wouldn't be a bad acquisition, I just think if Markov and Schneider left, there would be better fish in the sea. Even UFAs like Sutton or Sarich. I wouldn't want to have to trade when there are other guys out there that are free agents.

All the scouting reports have Turris going 1st or 2nd. Chicago wont take Cherepanov , Washington probably will.

Yep, that's what I think. And just remember: A few years ago, Pavel Vorobiev (unibrow) made comments to the media that Chicago was anti-Russians, which is why he went back to play in Russia this season. If there was any truth to this, Chicago wouldn't want Cherepanov.

Excellent point about Washington. George McPhee likes drafting Russians, and it makes good sense to put Cherepanov and Ovechkin on the same line together. And it's not like comparing Datsyuk to Ovechkin either. Cherepanov and Ovechkin would be a great fit, and their both close to being the same age, and both probably know each other. Datsyuk is about 7-8 years older than Ovechkin, and they totally different personailitys. I don't know too much about Cherepanov, but something tells me he is quite similar to Ovechkin.

Nobody knows what Cherepanov will do. He could be one of the best Russians or be another let's say Kovalev, which isn't bad. I doubt he will play in the NHL next season, but this season was his rookie season and he made some impressive stats.

All according to Wikipedia, he got more points than Ovechkin, Malkin, or Kovalchuk did in their RSL rookie seasons, and then passed Bure's rookie goal scoring record. With those credentials, no one knows how identical he really is to Ovechkin, at least in terms of NHL potential.

I watched this kid at the World Juniors though, and I must say, he was a stud. I look at him as probably another Kovalchuk, without the size, but maybe more speed, although Kovalchuk is fast. He's going to be an elite Russian nonetheless, but doubtfully another Ovechkin.

I have a feeling that this draft will be a little dissapointment for Patrick Kane. I mean he has excelent skills, good vision, etc but the size is what matters in this new NHL. Concerning Cherepanov. He won't even make first ten. Just my opinion.