• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Roberto Who?

Hockey Season is Over

Rate this topic

Nope, I’m not backing off of this one. Yes I have heard a joke before, and this looked like a bad attempt at one. I apologize if I offended the poster or anybody else by calling him/her a snob, that I will retract, but my overall view on this stands.

The ranting and whining towards the Ducks, a lot of their fans who posted in here during the series, the referees, and towards the NHL immediately after the WCF and during/after the SCF by fans in here was beyond ridiculous at times, not to mention making fun or looking down at the Ducks fan base (save the how small it might be jokes).

I think we need to take a good look in the mirror at ourselves and do a better job of showing class and respect towards other fans in here and quit showing over-the-top bitterness or the “we are so better than you and will always be better than you†mentality just because the Wings are more established and have more history to refer back on.

Were all of us in here like this? Of course not, but I was severely disappointed in the way a lot of us acted in here during the conference finals and Stanley Cup Finals and how bad we treated Duck fans overall.

I agree with you on this one SWF , I know that there were alot of troll's coming on here during the playoff's , but alot of Wings fan's on here looked upon all the rival fan's as troll's and never gave them the chance to voice their own opinion. I personally like to read other people's opinion before I respond to them.

Edited by glasgowcelticwing

are all those people around you part of the organization too? If not, I;m really surprised THEY'RE not in complete awe or jumping you.

Edited by ShanahanMan

are all those people around you part of the organization too? If not, I;m really surprised THEY'RE not in complete awe or jumping you.

Thats in the VIP tent (I assume) so they're all either staff, press or family. I don't see any players there, although it does look like Steve Carroll (radio guy) standing in front of him. I might be wrong though :P

I think I would definitely take the opportunity if it came to touch, lift, and kiss the cup. I can see your point that we did not win it but I disagree. I believe as fans we are an extension of the team. Some of us are die hard and live by this sport and our team. Without us to watch then there probably would not be an NHL and the idea behind all sports is the fans. So in that I believe when Detroit brings Lord Stanley back home next year we would all have the right to lift him.

Congrats to your team, RW. I hope you enjoy this short lived experiance! :clap::lol:

I think I agree. The players are always saying how much they appreciate the fans and such. I think if you're a true supporter you can have your fun with Stanley if your team wins.

Damn that must have been one helluva experience. I'm very jealous.

I totally understand and respect the tradition the players have of not touching the Cup til they win it, but being a 25 year old dude working an office job... I don't see myself winning the Stanley Cup anytime soon. I'd totally lift it up too.

What a badass pic. Lucky bastard!

Hopefully you didn't get leftover Pronger spit on you when you kissed it.... :crazy:

I totally understand and respect the tradition the players have of not touching the Cup til they win it, but being a 25 year old dude working an office job... I don't see myself winning the Stanley Cup anytime soon. I'd totally lift it up too.

Aye! I don't see th' reasoning behind not touching th' booty, especially if ye be in a career field whar ye won't ever have a chance to touch it. I have kissed it and touched it and as I be not a hockey player who be enroute to ever dance with th' cup, I do not see th' issue.

yeh everyone had a chance with the cup, passing it around and such, i got into the tent late so there went tons of people left but still some..it was people with the honda center, duck players, family friends, some media...

Thats in the VIP tent (I assume) so they're all either staff, press or family. I don't see any players there, although it does look like Steve Carroll (radio guy) standing in front of him. I might be wrong though :P

the whole team was there, i got a classic pic with perry and drunk ass george parros...

Guest Crymson

Way to show some class and maturity there. :thumbdown:

No kidding, that comment establishes him as a douchebag on more than one level.

After saturday I am going to start my hockey withdrawals, i most likely wont be coming on here very often but thanks again to everyone on here....and to end it on a good note, ill leave you with this...IPB Image

Who is that? YOURS TRULY

My cousin got to hold it once, he likes to rub that picture in my face! haha, he met Knuble when he was visiting a hospital with the cup.

My cousin got to hold it once, he likes to rub that picture in my face! haha, he met Knuble when he was visiting a hospital with the cup.

its an awesome feeling, and to experience it with the players, family, and friends makes it that much sweeter..

its an awesome feeling, and to experience it with the players, family, and friends makes it that much sweeter..

if I ever get the chance to hold it haha I will be all over it!! lol I am sure it was awesome to be around everyone like that though and get to hold the cup *jealous*

This must be the difference in a Red Wings fan and a Ducks fan. For the ducks the season ends in June. For the Red Wings fan hockey season is year round it just has stages...Training Camp season, preseason, regular season, PLAYOFFS!!!, who's coming back season, draft season, and free agency season!

:yowza:

Actually the Ducks kids will be arriving in So-Cal in the next few weeks,so its a year round thing for me also. Looking forward to seeing if Bobby Ryan is ready to make the jump. That must be a lot to shoulder being the second pick to Sid The Kid.

And the makes Red Wings fans oh so perfect? Duck fans are just downright not dedicated and terrible then? Come on now, different teams, different fans bases. Just b/c the Wings are an O-6 team and have a great tradition doesn't make us any better/worse than Duck fans.

Way to show some class and maturity there. :thumbdown:

SWF,

The post was meant in good fun, part of the enjoyment of any sport is a little friendly competition. I can take my licks and you'll never hear me complain about so good natured sportsmanship. Of course I believe Wings fans are the greatest in the world...and I would expect every Duck fan to feel the same. I didn't say anything mean or hurtful to anymore, I just pointed out what the original poster already said, and told everyone what I believe, that there truly is no end to the season for me and many other Wings fans. Maturity and class play no part here...to me an immature or class-less fan is the one who cheers when a player is injured no matter what team he plays for.

Why don't you back off. He's just ribbing him a little in good fun. Its not like he's on a pulpit breathing down fire and brimstone b/c we follow the Wings year round. Ever heard of a joke. Chill the F out already.

And by the way, are you a snobby elitist because you tell the truth? Quit telling everybody how to act.

Thanks for sticking up for me!!! As you can see from my above post we were on the same page. :thumbup:

Actually the Ducks kids will be arriving in So-Cal in the next few weeks,so its a year round thing for me also. Looking forward to seeing if Bobby Ryan is ready to make the jump. That must be a lot to shoulder being the second pick to Sid The Kid.

Touche' :D

SWF,

The post was meant in good fun, part of the enjoyment of any sport is a little friendly competition. I can take my licks and you'll never hear me complain about so good natured sportsmanship. Of course I believe Wings fans are the greatest in the world...and I would expect every Duck fan to feel the same. I didn't say anything mean or hurtful to anymore, I just pointed out what the original poster already said, and told everyone what I believe, that there truly is no end to the season for me and many other Wings fans. Maturity and class play no part here...to me an immature or class-less fan is the one who cheers when a player is injured no matter what team he plays for.

Thanks for sticking up for me!!! As you can see from my above post we were on the same page. :thumbup:

Touche' :D

I copy, and I apologize again to you and everybody else. Just frustrated in what I've seen lately in our treatment towards Duck posters, and I obviously didn't interpret your post right and unforutantely lashed out 100% at you, and I really think they could've been treated better by us, hence some of the anger. No hard feelings at all towards you. ;)

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

I copy, and I apologize again to you and everybody else. Just frustrated in what I've seen lately in our treatment towards Duck posters, and I obviously didn't interpret your post right and unforutantely lashed out 100% at you, and I really think they could've been treated better by us, hence some of the anger. No hard feelings at all towards you. ;)

Thanks SWF, no hard feelings.

I would never want to touch it. The only way I would is if I was a part of an organization which won it in the playoffs.

Ditto.

Not to knock the experience for you Roberto, if thats your thing then good for you, you're not a bad fan.

But I have to agree, its a code with most players that I would personally follow, if you don't win it then you don't touch it.

That might be just me, but whatever floats your boat, anyways congrats on the championship. Well deserved.

As an arthritic middle-aged out-of-shape poor woman who will never own a team, I have to say that if I had the chance, I'd touch the cup.

How's this for a compromise? I'll only touch it if the Wings have won it that season.

I'd also like to echo the comments appreciating the Duck fans here. I know if I were to join a board for a team that was competing against my team I'd be kicked off for trolling in no time. Thanks to the nice Duck fans for being better people than I.

I took a bit of comfort that Selanne got to win it. He was up in my neck of the woods when he played with Winnepeg, so he still had fans here.

Thanks for sharing the pic.

As an arthritic middle-aged out-of-shape poor woman who will never own a team, I have to say that if I had the chance, I'd touch the cup.

How's this for a compromise? I'll only touch it if the Wings have won it that season.

I'd also like to echo the comments appreciating the Duck fans here. I know if I were to join a board for a team that was competing against my team I'd be kicked off for trolling in no time. Thanks to the nice Duck fans for being better people than I.

I took a bit of comfort that Selanne got to win it. He was up in my neck of the woods when he played with Winnepeg, so he still had fans here.

Thanks for sharing the pic.

yeh roberto who? didnt exactly pass over well with the canuck fans when i was on there board so i got banned till 2015....but i like it hear so i find no reason to troll, just to chit chat.....

After saturday I am going to start my hockey withdrawals, i most likely wont be coming on here very often but thanks again to everyone on here....and to end it on a good note, ill leave you with this...IPB Image

Who is that? YOURS TRULY

you know, the first couple times you posted this in a thread, I thought, okay, the Ducks won. He's got a reason to be excited and gloat a little.

Then when you chiimed in the thread about your favorite Lidstrom moment being when the shot deflected off his stick and past Dom, I thought you were kind of being an ass. Clearly that wasn't the intent of the thread.

But now that you create a whole thread here on the Wings site and post the alleged pic of you with the Cup yet again, I just think you're a dick.

So I can't say I'm sad to see you go.

Odder still that the picture of the Cup you keep posting everywhere, you can't even see the person's face.

See, that's actually me in the pic holding the Cup. :sly:

yeh roberto who? didnt exactly pass over well with the canuck fans when i was on there board so i got banned till 2015....but i like it hear so i find no reason to troll, just to chit chat.....

And you refer to yourself in the third person. :rolleyes:

As for touching the Stanley Cup. I'd have no qualms about it because I don't play in the NHL. I definitely wouldn't lick it like that idiot girl from Heroes, but I wouldn't be afraid to touch it since I'll never actually win it.

Mostly I'd just want to find Yzerman's name on there. Then Gordie's.

Edited for grammar.

Edited by haroldsnepsts