• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
zata40

we need Colorado to win the cup

Rate this topic

As much as I hate them, I cant help but notice that the avs won in '96, then we won in '97 and '98. then again they won in '01, and we fallowed be winning 02. So it seems to help the wings if a rival wins the cup first, kinda like a kick in the butt. :lol:

haha you make a good point. plus i don't care if the aves win now a days i don't think there is anyone left on that team that i didn't like. I always liked Joe he is a great player.

Guest jaytan

Well, I'm starting to care less about Colorado and more about Anaheim. That Avalanche rivalry had a turbulent but very short history, and there's no regional tie-in with them. Rivalries based solely on head-to-head competition are more exciting, but the older ones (like Chicago or Toronto) can be great once both teams involved are actually competitive.... Or at least playing more than once a season.

oh ya a good leafs rival would be sweet again, don't see it happening because of the eastern conference thing, but a good hawks rivalry would be wonderful

Well good philosophy. Honestly I don't mind Colorado anymore. With guys like Lemeiux, Forsberg, Foote, and Roy off the team, they have become more of a respectable team. So, this time around if Colorado wins the cup, I will not be as bitter, and ultimately, I'll be looking forward to the Wings winning the following year. ;)

Colorado doesn't have enough talent to win the Cup next year. That, and their GM doesn't know how to build a winner.

Now that all of the assholes are gone, I really have no hate for Colorado anymore. In fact, I think Joe Sakic and Milan Hejduk are the last remaining members of the 2001 Stanley Cup team, and the rivalry with the Wings in general. The Av's have gone through a lot of changes since then, and the hate just isn't there anymore.

Edited by Kp-Wings

Guest jaytan

Ironically, Sakic is pretty much the last remnant left from their teams from our rivalry with them, and he's the one guy I always had trouble hating.

Colorado doesn't have enough talent to win the Cup next year. That, and their GM doesn't know how to build a winner.

Now that all of the assholes are gone, I really have no hate for Colorado anymore. In fact, I think Joe Sakic and Milan Hejduk are the last remaining members of the 2001 Stanley Cup team, and the rivalry with the Wings in general. The Av's have gone through a lot of changes since then, and the hate just isn't there anymore.

Yup I'm even going to invest in some Avs tickets for next year since they'll be offering better deals. :)

With Lacroix gone - they won't be winning anything anytime soon. I'm a Sakic fan, but when he retires in a few years, which he's indicated he will, there isn't really anyone to take over this team. They've cast off all their good veteran players. Now there are some young guys that are OK - but don't look for anything special from this team for awhile. I cannot even tell you one D-man on their roster for next year - lol (other than Leopold who's been hurt).

I'm looking forward to the Ducks rivalry. We should look at them as our target - repeat the '96, '97 scenario by getting back this time, but winning!

Edited by RockyMountainWingGal

oh ya a good leafs rival would be sweet again, don't see it happening because of the eastern conference thing, but a good hawks rivalry would be wonderful

You know they did get the first pick...and I suspect that they are going to stop putting so much stock into Aucoin so they mey be able to win a few more this year, and maybe we won't almost sweep em' either :P

Edited by Gordie Howe hat trick

i would love to see that!

i missed out on the Red Wiings-Hawks rivalry type thing in the early 90's (i was too young)

that rivalry would be awesome,

and in a strange way i kind of want to see the Hawks succeed and do well (maybe its because they've been so bad for so long)

plus i really like marty havlat and tuomo ruutu.

they have some good young talent. i just know that injuries killed them last year, and Nikolai Khabibulin is, well, Nikolai Khabibulin.

n the Av's side, they can definitely have some upside as well and Sakic has always been a great player who i never really dis-liked.

Yeah I think that it would be awesome too, I went to the one that we lost in overtime at the United Center this year with my dad who is a Hawks fan, and I thought that there would be maybe 75% Hawk fans there, but we embarresed them in their own home i want to say it was more like 60-40, but my dad did say this which made me chuckle, "What do you expect? Chicago is practically western Michigan."

We are so close to one another, and it's an original six rivalry? How can you get better than that? (I know the Leafs fall in this category too.) I also notice this thread has taken an odd turn too... :P

i'd rather the ducks win the cup 10 times then colorado.

I find since Roy and "The Other Lemeiux" have retired the Avs are much more tolerable than the Ducks. Look at Corey Perry trying to be just like Claude, and it seems Chris Pronger may be the second coming of Claude. I think of all the players on the Ducks, Selanne is the classyest and was really the only one deserving of the cup.

Guest bullocks

I find since Roy and "The Other Lemeiux" have retired the Avs are much more tolerable than the Ducks. Look at Corey Perry trying to be just like Claude, and it seems Chris Pronger may be the second coming of Claude. I think of all the players on the Ducks, Selanne is the classyest and was really the only one deserving of the cup.

well they all deserved it, whether u like them or not. i'll always hate the avs no matter who's playing for them. maybe if we face the ducks in the western finals for the next 5 years then my opinion will change.

The 7 words in the title of this thread should never be mentioned again.

FACT.

I don't care if Colorado doesn't still have all the old characters. The very logo is hateful to me. The fact that the Avs didn't make the playoffs this year brought me much joy. The games don't have the old flair they used to, but beating the Avs is still better than beating anyone else.

Unfortuantly fer us if 'tis th' case, Colorado has been gettin' farther 'n farther away from th' loot each year now since Patty Roy left.

Unfortuantly fer us if 'tis th' case, Colorado has been gettin' farther 'n farther away from th' loot each year now since Patty Roy left.

Yeah , Colorado arn't going to be winning Cup's anytime soon. The Wings will just have to do it by themselve's. :sly: