• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

RedwingFan29

Ratings for Stanley Cup finals down 20 percent

Rate this topic

Guest bullocks

Well duh.. that's what happens when the Wings aren't in the finals. :hehe:

Haha UFC probably is getting higher ratings. Chuck Liddell 4 Lyfe.

Rampage Jackson owns Chuck...twice. ;)

Me either, I just checked the score of the games in the morning hoping that Ottawa had won.

Let me ask several of you folks something....Do you consider yourselves hockey fans? Then why wouldn't you watch the Stanley Cup Finals? Is it that you are just Red Wings fans and you couldn't care about anything else?...Let me try another angle.....The Detroit Lions haven't been in the Super Bowl since..........well never, but.......don't you still watch the Super Bowl? The Stanley Cup is the pinnacle in our favorite sport, it's what every player strives for, I just don't understand why you wouldn't watch....I'm not pointing fingers, I'm just curious.

Thats because all of southern Califonia including holltwood was following the hilton cronicles...paris means much more to them then the cup...15,000 fans for their so called parade, hell there was that many watching paris cry and go back to jail...

...15,000 fans for their so called parade

It wasn't a parade. It was a party in a parking lot.

LGW "Big Crowd For Stanley Cup Rally" Thread

I e-mailed the LA Times writer, Helene Elliott, who wrote the article a few weeks ago about Detroit and Anaheim's love for hockey. She responded with:

As for the Ducks' celebration, it was not a parade. It was a party in the parking lot. If you need that for consolation, go ahead, be my guest.

Have a nice summer.

Helene Elliott,

Sports Columnist,

Los Angeles Times

Oh, sorry, party. Not parade. Is that supposed to be an excuse?

From 2002 to 2003 the ratings on ABC for the Finals were down 20% also.

You know what this tells me?

In 2002 and 2003 it was Carolina vs Large US Market and then Anaheim vs Large US Market, and in 2006 and 2007 it was Carolina vs Small Canadian Market and then Anaheim vs Small Canadian Market.

Conclusion? Given the same conditions, Anaheim will bring in 80% of Carolina's national ratings.

Solution? Don't allow Anaheim back in the Cup finals.

Edited by eva unit zero

For now on, only the following teams are allowed to play in the Stanley Cup Finals:

Detroit Red Wings

Toronto Maple Leafs

Montreal Canadiens

New York Rangers

Philadelphia Flyers

Colorado Avalanche

Boston Bruins

If you were going by fan following.

Part of the problem is they need to shorten the season, or at least shorten training camp and move everything forward.

Fewer people are going to watch the Stanley Cup Finals when they take place on a beautiful June summer day. And even with the night games, there's considerably more daylight, people are outside more.

They need to get the playoffs over in may.

For now on, only the following teams are allowed to play in the Stanley Cup Finals:

Detroit Red Wings

Toronto Maple Leafs

Montreal Canadiens

New York Rangers

Philadelphia Flyers

Colorado Avalanche

Boston Bruins

San Jose Sharks

Dallas Stars

Minnesota Wild

If you were going by fan following.

Edited by eva unit zero

Part of the problem is they need to shorten the season, or at least shorten training camp and move everything forward.

Fewer people are going to watch the Stanley Cup Finals when they take place on a beautiful June summer day. And even with the night games, there's considerably more daylight, people are outside more.

They need to get the playoffs over in may.

Harold.... you are 100% correct.

Harold.... you are 100% correct.

Shortening the season probably won't happen because of the greedy owners, but I hadn't considered potentially shortening the pre-season until an article linked in another thread suggested it.

It'd want to hack down the season a couple games still, but if they could start earlier and end the playoffs earlier, it's definitely a step in the right direction.

From 2002 to 2003 the ratings on ABC for the Finals were down 20% also.

You know what this tells me?

In 2002 and 2003 it was Carolina vs Large US Market and then Anaheim vs Large US Market, and in 2006 and 2007 it was Carolina vs Small Canadian Market and then Anaheim vs Small Canadian Market.

Conclusion? Given the same conditions, Anaheim will bring in 80% of Carolina's national ratings.

Solution? Don't allow Anaheim back in the Cup finals.

You certainly arent drawing a parallel to the ratings Detroit garnered vs that of New Jersey are you? Right there explains the drop off from 02 to 03, nothing to do with Carolina and Anaheim. Devils = San Antonio Spurs.

Eva, why did you scratch out Boston from that list? Surely if they ever became a good team again, people would watch.

Then we have to add Chicago, NY Islanders, St. Louis, LA, and many other teams that have good fan following when the team is good.

You certainly arent drawing a parallel to the ratings Detroit garnered vs that of New Jersey are you? Right there explains the drop off from 02 to 03, nothing to do with Carolina and Anaheim. Devils = San Antonio Spurs.

I would argue that Edmonton gets noticeably better ratings than Ottawa, too.

I just find it amusing that suddenly a 20% drop in ratings is the end of the world, when there was a comparable drop just a few years ago and nobody cared.