Honestly, can you be a Redwings fan & a Blackhawks fan at the same

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 planzwrecker

planzwrecker

Prospect

• 35 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 12:07 PM

1. 1. Impossible! Pick a team end of story!
  2. 2. Sure, my love for the Wings & Hawks is as natural as a fat kid to a cupcake!

Edited by planzwrecker, 08 June 2007 - 12:12 PM.

#2 glasgowcelticwing

glasgowcelticwing

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 01:12 PM

QUOTE(planzwrecker @ June 8, 2007 - 06:07PM) View Post
  2. 2. Sure, my love for the Wings & Hawks is as natural as a fat kid to a cupcake!

I guess it's possible unsure.gif , but it's probably easier if you nail your colour's to one mast and back one team 100%. thumbup.gif
^^Thanks Offsides^^
RIP PHIL O'DONNELL,1972-2007.
RIP TOMMY BURNS, 1956-2008 .
you'll never walk alone.

#3 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,551 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 03:27 PM

I'm a die-hard Red Wing fan....But I do have a soft-spot for the Maple Leafs blush.gif

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#4 amberlynn25

amberlynn25

2nd Line Scorer

• Gold Booster
  • 520 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 05:50 PM

QUOTE(F.Michael @ June 8, 2007 - 04:27PM) View Post

I'm a die-hard Red Wing fan....But I do have a soft-spot for the Maple Leafs blush.gif

ditto
I get up every day, and I live. Everybody says you should live to the fullest, but what is it? No one knows until you come so close that you're not worried about anything else but being alive."~ Jiri Fischer
my heart belongs to a canadian!

#5 redwingslady87

redwingslady87

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 10:31 PM

You could be like Cheli's friend John Cusack. Loves his home team, but loves his buddy's team as well... But other than that unsure.gif

#6 bullocks

bullocks

Ultimate Playoff Performer

• Restricted
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 04:15 AM

QUOTE(F.Michael @ June 8, 2007 - 04:27PM) View Post

I'm a die hard Wings fan as well...but being from Toronto, over the years i've grown stronger towards them.
"I don't want my legacy to be about the numbers, or how many trophies I won. I want it to be that I was a competitor, and that my teammates believed in me. That's what's most important to me. That my teammates know, when I'm in the net, I'm the man, I'm the right person for them. And that I never gave up." - Dominik Hasek

#7 ChitownWingsfan

ChitownWingsfan

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 07:09 PM

QUOTE(planzwrecker @ June 8, 2007 - 12:07PM) View Post

I'm gonna go with no. Unless you are Chris Chelios, I guess.

So hate on but guess what, I feel like I can't miss,
I know they want me to fall, But ain't nothin' bigger than this, So just pass me the ball

Posted Image
No Further Trades Needed

#8 Icer

Icer

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,071 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 02:35 PM

I grew up in Detroit but lived a good part of my adult life in Chicago. Both teams have a storied history. Both have a ton of hall of famers. Both are original 6 teams. And since it's possible to buy a Blackhakw ticket without selling a kidney or mortgaging my house, I've probably attended more Blackhawk games over the past 15 years than Red Wings games.

When they're going head to head, I'm a Red Wings fan all the way. But if Chicago is playing anyone else, I'm backing the Hawks.

#9 timothy1997

timothy1997

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,640 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 04:42 PM

NO!! While if the Wings arent successful and don't win the cup, I'd perfer an original 6 team to win it in the wings place...but I can't watch a hawks-wings game and cheer for both teams.

Thats like being a fan of Michigan and Ohio State. PICK A SIDE!!

#10 Yzerman#19

Yzerman#19

Neon Knight

• PipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 08:33 PM

I'm Wings 100%. But I do have a place in my heart for the other 3 AMERICAN based original 6 teams. It is vital for the NHL to do well in Chicago, Boston, & Manhattan. More than anything I just pity the Hawks now cause they are failing miserablely. And will likely continue to do so till they get new owners. Which won't happen anytime soon likely. They have the 2nd best looking jersey in the league (after the Wings). And a long proud history. But right now that team is as dead as disco in Chicago. But, if they turn it around their fans will start to come back.
"A connecting principle linked to the invisible. Almost imperceptible, something inexpressible. Science insusceptible. Logic so inflexable. Causally connectible. Yet nothing is invincible."

#11 yankeebaddabing

yankeebaddabing

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 09:02 PM

wow blackhawks have fans after so many s***ty seasons, wow this is news

#12 union drone

union drone

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 11:56 AM

I'd have to go with:

3) Dedicated Wings fan who want the Hawks to do well and be competitive on a consistent basis. Yeah, If the Wings are playing the Hawks there's no question that I want Detroit to pummel them. On the other hand, though, I never want to see any of the original six do so poorly for so long that their fan base goes away.

strong original six = good for hockey fans

I'd have to go with:

3) Dedicated Wings fan who want the Hawks to do well and be competitive on a consistent basis. Yeah, If the Wings are playing the Hawks there's no question that I want Detroit to pummel them. On the other hand, though, I never want to see any of the original six do so poorly for so long that their fan base goes away.

strong original six = good for hockey fans

IPB Image
Homer says: "Let the hunt begin!"

#13 vinnyfan4life

vinnyfan4life

Draftee

• 5 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 05:05 PM

QUOTE(planzwrecker @ June 9, 2007 - 03:37AM) View Post

its impossible u cant be a true wings fan.... if you are fans to any of the Original Six teams... u can have respect for them cause there the Original Six but cant be a fan

And probally most of u are fans of blackcocks because there doing ok this year but when they werent ok... u probally were die hard wings fans... u stupid fair weather fans

#14 OsGOD

OsGOD

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 9,314 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 11:30 AM

^^ As a wings fan i wouldn't be too quick to label anyone a fair weather fan.... seems they got a lot of fans coming in only after the 02 cup... and more drop off with every post season shortfalling. To me calling anyone a fairweather fan is like the pot calling the kettle black.

I am a fan of many teams... tha goes along with being a fan of the sport i guess.

Oh well label me a poser or not, Wings were my first ever experience but my "fandom" is not limited to one team specifically.

My favorite players dont even play for the wings... oh well. haha

Edited by OsGOD, 11 February 2008 - 04:20 PM.

Just one chance is all i ever wanted...just one time i'd like to win the game...from now on i'll take the chance if i can have it...just one just one

#15 PenaltyShot 96

PenaltyShot 96

Youth Movement

• HoF Booster
  • 1,389 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 04:05 PM

My only question is who do you root for when the two face each other? I occasionally experience these soft spots for other teams or players, but if they play the Wings then my Wings loyalty trumps everything. But hey, if you have enough spirit to cheer for both then go for it.
"That's what happens when Downey walks into a room...things die."

#16 OsGOD

OsGOD

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 9,314 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 04:18 PM

QUOTE (PenaltyShot 96 @ February 11, 2008 - 04:05PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My only question is who do you root for when the two face each other? I occasionally experience these soft spots for other teams or players, but if they play the Wings then my Wings loyalty trumps everything. But hey, if you have enough spirit to cheer for both then go for it.

The only really hard times is when Ozzie is in net for the wings... because the skaters carry the least amount of "pressure" for performing. Like for instance the last Jackets game i was at... i was all out supporting the wonder that is Nash... his hat trick didn't hurt either, but in the end the wings won (ozzie wasn't in net, so i didn't mind the score) it was all good.

Some times you do have decisions, for me it Ozzie in net trumps all regardless smile.gif

Just one chance is all i ever wanted...just one time i'd like to win the game...from now on i'll take the chance if i can have it...just one just one

#17 CrossCheck24

CrossCheck24

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 11:31 AM

I just moved to Chicago and over winter break I got to go to a few games. The atomosphere of the games is a little bit different than the Joe, they have have 1/2 price tickets for college students which brings in a slightly younger crowd. There were girls there that didn't know what surface hockey is played on, but I didn't care wink.gif and I digress.

Anyways, having a young and upcoming team is exciting and makes it easy to root for the team. When it comes down to the wire and the wings were in white on the 6th of January I wanted to see all of those college kids go home in the second period because the game is 29393-0 in favor of the wings.

A good indicator on whether or not you are a fair weather wings fan: 2 games on TV, one game is tied in the third with little time left, and the other is the wings losing by 5 at the start of the third. What do you watch?
Captain Murphy: Way to go Sparks, you broke the monitor and you're dead. Happy?

#18 OsGOD

OsGOD

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 9,314 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 12:26 PM

QUOTE (CrossCheck24 @ February 12, 2008 - 11:31AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A good indicator on whether or not you are a fair weather wings fan: 2 games on TV, one game is tied in the third with little time left, and the other is the wings losing by 5 at the start of the third. What do you watch?

Depends on if either Roenick, Feds, Nash, Kesler or Conners are in the other game. Oh and also who is in net for the wings also doesn't hurt sway me! If not i will be watching the wings get there asses handed to them, cause being down one goal is the kiss of death for them now.

#19 miller76

miller76

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,718 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 10:02 PM

QUOTE (amberlynn25 @ June 8, 2007 - 02:50PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ditto

Redwings are definetly my team, I think the soft spot for the Leafs is more "feeling sorry" for what was a great hockey organization.
lighten up people, it's the internet!

#20 Yzerfan1999

Yzerfan1999

Hall-of-Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 04:12 PM

ALways be a Wings fan but I have a soft spot for my hometown Oilers and I've always liked Montreal. But don't get me wrong, they turn into enemies as soon as they play each other.
When you lose, say little. When you win, say less.

--Thanks for the Sig. Offsides--