• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
planzwrecker

Honestly, can you be a Redwings fan & a Blackhawks fan at the same

Rate this topic

Guest bullocks

I'm a die-hard Red Wing fan....But I do have a soft-spot for the Maple Leafs :blush:

I'm a die hard Wings fan as well...but being from Toronto, over the years i've grown stronger towards them.

I grew up in Detroit but lived a good part of my adult life in Chicago. Both teams have a storied history. Both have a ton of hall of famers. Both are original 6 teams. And since it's possible to buy a Blackhakw ticket without selling a kidney or mortgaging my house, I've probably attended more Blackhawk games over the past 15 years than Red Wings games.

When they're going head to head, I'm a Red Wings fan all the way. But if Chicago is playing anyone else, I'm backing the Hawks.

NO!! While if the Wings arent successful and don't win the cup, I'd perfer an original 6 team to win it in the wings place...but I can't watch a hawks-wings game and cheer for both teams.

Thats like being a fan of Michigan and Ohio State. PICK A SIDE!!

I'm Wings 100%. But I do have a place in my heart for the other 3 AMERICAN based original 6 teams. It is vital for the NHL to do well in Chicago, Boston, & Manhattan. More than anything I just pity the Hawks now cause they are failing miserablely. And will likely continue to do so till they get new owners. Which won't happen anytime soon likely. They have the 2nd best looking jersey in the league (after the Wings). And a long proud history. But right now that team is as dead as disco in Chicago. But, if they turn it around their fans will start to come back.

I'd have to go with:

3) Dedicated Wings fan who want the Hawks to do well and be competitive on a consistent basis. Yeah, If the Wings are playing the Hawks there's no question that I want Detroit to pummel them. On the other hand, though, I never want to see any of the original six do so poorly for so long that their fan base goes away.

strong original six = good for hockey fans

I'd have to go with:

3) Dedicated Wings fan who want the Hawks to do well and be competitive on a consistent basis. Yeah, If the Wings are playing the Hawks there's no question that I want Detroit to pummel them. On the other hand, though, I never want to see any of the original six do so poorly for so long that their fan base goes away.

strong original six = good for hockey fans

1. 1. Impossible! Pick a team end of story!
  2. 2. Sure, my love for the Wings & Hawks is as natural as a fat kid to a cupcake!

its impossible u cant be a true wings fan.... if you are fans to any of the Original Six teams... u can have respect for them cause there the Original Six but cant be a fan

And probally most of u are fans of blackcocks because there doing ok this year but when they werent ok... u probally were die hard wings fans... u stupid fair weather fans

^^ As a wings fan i wouldn't be too quick to label anyone a fair weather fan.... seems they got a lot of fans coming in only after the 02 cup... and more drop off with every post season shortfalling. To me calling anyone a fairweather fan is like the pot calling the kettle black.

I am a fan of many teams... tha goes along with being a fan of the sport i guess.

Oh well label me a poser or not, Wings were my first ever experience but my "fandom" is not limited to one team specifically.

My favorite players dont even play for the wings... oh well. haha

Edited by OsGOD

My only question is who do you root for when the two face each other? I occasionally experience these soft spots for other teams or players, but if they play the Wings then my Wings loyalty trumps everything. But hey, if you have enough spirit to cheer for both then go for it.

My only question is who do you root for when the two face each other? I occasionally experience these soft spots for other teams or players, but if they play the Wings then my Wings loyalty trumps everything. But hey, if you have enough spirit to cheer for both then go for it.

The only really hard times is when Ozzie is in net for the wings... because the skaters carry the least amount of "pressure" for performing. Like for instance the last Jackets game i was at... i was all out supporting the wonder that is Nash... his hat trick didn't hurt either, but in the end the wings won (ozzie wasn't in net, so i didn't mind the score) it was all good.

Some times you do have decisions, for me it Ozzie in net trumps all regardless :)

I just moved to Chicago and over winter break I got to go to a few games. The atomosphere of the games is a little bit different than the Joe, they have have 1/2 price tickets for college students which brings in a slightly younger crowd. There were girls there that didn't know what surface hockey is played on, but I didn't care ;) and I digress.

Anyways, having a young and upcoming team is exciting and makes it easy to root for the team. When it comes down to the wire and the wings were in white on the 6th of January I wanted to see all of those college kids go home in the second period because the game is 29393-0 in favor of the wings.

A good indicator on whether or not you are a fair weather wings fan: 2 games on TV, one game is tied in the third with little time left, and the other is the wings losing by 5 at the start of the third. What do you watch?

A good indicator on whether or not you are a fair weather wings fan: 2 games on TV, one game is tied in the third with little time left, and the other is the wings losing by 5 at the start of the third. What do you watch?

Depends on if either Roenick, Feds, Nash, Kesler or Conners are in the other game. Oh and also who is in net for the wings also doesn't hurt sway me! If not i will be watching the wings get there asses handed to them, cause being down one goal is the kiss of death for them now.

I could see doing it if you were a fan of a certain player and they switched teams, or if you moved around between two cities, but when people have these mixed allegiances, usually they still have a preference, and root for only one of the two teams when they face each other.

The only other scenario that makes sense is the one in a million chance that you are family of players on both teams. However in that case, you would really be fans of the individuals and probably not their teams.

1. 1. Impossible! Pick a team end of story!
  2. 2. Sure, my love for the Wings & Hawks is as natural as a fat kid to a cupcake!

I'd pick 1. IMpossible. You can have, imo a favorite team and a second favorite team (mine is wings & habs) but to claim to love two teams the same is incomprehensible to me.

Idk. But thats my view of it.

of course I have a goalie friend who claims I'm the nutty one for even picking a second favorite team. He says You can only go for one.

I'm a die-hard Red Wing fan....But I do have a soft-spot for the Maple Leafs :blush:
same but i have a soft spot for the lighting because iv been to a few games and gm 7 of the 04 cup finals