23. Philadelphia Flyers (Nashville) Tommy Cross D Westminster High School

24. St. Louis Blues (Atlanta) Oscar Moller W Chilliwack Bruins WHL

25. Vancouver Canucks Joakim Anderson Frolunda Swe. Jr

26. St. Louis Blues (New Jersey) Colton Gillies C/D Saskatoon Blades WHL

27. Detroit Red Wings Simon Hjalmarsson W Frolunda Swe. Jr

28. Washington Capitals (Buffalo) Billy Sweatt C Colorado College WCHA

29. Ottawa Senators Dana Tyrell C Prince George Cougars WHL

30. Edmonton Oilers (Anaheim) Patrick White C Grand Rapids USHS

NOTE: I don't think Hjalmarsson will go in the first round, but IF he does it wouldn't surprise me if the Wings take him that's why I have him slotted there. If Joakim Anderson is still available then, he may also be a selection i could see Holland making. Personally, anyone from the 23rd - 30th pick could be selected by Detroit. I would draft Gillies if he was still available.

I also think David Perron can go as high as #12 to the Canadiens. He'll probably be higher then #22, but the Canadiens would be the right fit. Somebody could very well take a chance on Lars Eller from #10-15. Maxim Mayorov can also go as high as #10, but with the Russian IIHF agreement not in place i don't have him slotted that high.

Edited by bullocks

Brett MacLean has really surprised me this year with how far he has shot up in the rankings....I mean, he's a pretty good power forward, but his production is greatly inflated by that Tavares kid he plays with (never heard of him, I know).

I think he'll be a decent NHLer, but not first round material. Hope he proves me wrong, he's a hometown boy.

Guest bullocks

Brett MacLean has really surprised me this year with how far he has shot up in the rankings....I mean, he's a pretty good power forward, but his production is greatly inflated by that Tavares kid he plays with (never heard of him, I know).

I think he'll be a decent NHLer, but not first round material. Hope he proves me wrong, he's a hometown boy.

he'll be a first rounder...honestly i'd have him 20-30th...BUT i went by what each team needs and how they usually draft ie. anaheim takes canadians, wings take sweedes, europeanes....hence, why i have him going to anaheim with the 16th pick...but i don't think he'll be that high at the real draft

Rosanna Tavares the meteorologist? :lol:

I'm going to bet on the Habs taking Angelo Esposito. They have a knack for taking the hometown french canadian boys up there, and he should be a good fit on that team.

I also noticed you had the Wings taking another Swedish player. What a surprise. :P

:clap: Bullocks I have to say to break the whole 1st round down takes a lot of dedication. I am one of those people that look the draftee up after all the picks have been made to see what my favorite teams have drafted. I hate to admit this but very rarely do I watch any junior games and I haven't watched a European game this season. So my draft knowledge is very limited. After the draft some of you guys who scout these leagues can please break down the guys that the Wings draft that would be great for some of us on LGW who are draft challenged. What is the word on the young Swede that you have the Wings drafting? Edited by Doctor G

Were taking Gilles if hes avaiable. That guy we pick in the mock draft , why in the world would we take him ?

Gilles is a Canadian. When was the last time you can remember the Wings actually taking a Canadian in the first round?

I mean, besides that, if there's a Swede availible, you know he will always get the drop over anyone else. Personally I'd like to see Kenny save the Swedes for the late, late rounds so we get more diamonds in the rough like Zetterberg and Holmstrom. Get a Canadian or an American with the first round pick.

Guest bullocks

Were taking Gilles if hes avaiable. That guy we pick in the mock draft , why in the world would we take him ?

I'm not so sold on Gillies anymore...he's a big body 6'4"...can skate, but besides that he's not much...i've seen him as high as 10th on some mock drafts, and as low as 30th....

and to answer ur question...hjalmarsson is the 2nd ranked sweed in the draft behind backlund

Talent Analysis

A very well-rounded player, Hjalmarsson stands out with his speed, technical skills and intensity. He's a good goal scorer with a quick release and above average playmaking ability who has so far produced at all levels. Although he has plenty of flash offensively, Hjalmarsson is also a hard worker with excellent attitude and penalty killing ability. He needs to become stronger.

also, as a stated earlier...i would take someone else in some of these spots, but holland likes to take europeans, thats why i slipped him in there.

:clap: Bullocks I have to say to break the whole 1st round down takes a lot of dedication. I am one of those people that look the draftee up after all the picks have been made to see what my favorite teams have drafted. I hate to admit this but very rarely do I watch any junior games and I haven't watched a European game this season. So my draft knowledge is very limited. After the draft some of you guys who scout these leagues can please break down the guys that the Wings draft that would be great for some of us on LGW who are draft challenged. What is the word on the young Swede that you have the Wings drafting?

Thanks.

Talent Analysis

A very well-rounded player, Hjalmarsson stands out with his speed, technical skills and intensity. He's a good goal scorer with a quick release and above average playmaking ability who has so far produced at all levels. Although he has plenty of flash offensively, Hjalmarsson is also a hard worker with excellent attitude and penalty killing ability. He needs to become stronger.

Also, he's not projected to be a 1st round pick, BUT...with the wings history of drafting swedes, or europeans...i threw him in there. but personally i think he'll be a 2nd round pick...

I'm not so sold on Gillies anymore...he's a big body 6'4"...can skate, but besides that he's not much...i've seen him as high as 10th on some mock drafts, and as low as 30th....

and to answer ur question...hjalmarsson is the 2nd ranked sweed in the draft behind backlund

Talent Analysis

also, as a stated earlier...i would take someone else in some of these spots, but holland likes to take europeans, thats why i slipped him in there.

Thanks.

Talent Analysis

Also, he's not projected to be a 1st round pick, BUT...with the wings history of drafting swedes, or europeans...i threw him in there. but personally i think he'll be a 2nd round pick...

Sounds like you are hedging on the Swede, so who else could the Wings draft? I would like a power forward or a strong gritty defenceman. But picking 27th you do not get those. So we may have to settle with a small guy with great speed.

Edited by Doctor G

Guest bullocks

Sounds like you are hedging on the Swede, so who else could the Wings draft? I would like a power forward or a strong gritty defenceman. But picking 27th you do not get those. So we may have to settle with a small guy with great speed.

Brett Maclean - Is a power forward that has a great scoring drive. Uses his size to protect the puck and create scoring chances. He needs to work on improving his mobility and footwork as well as his stick handling.

Colton Gillies - Is a power forward that has great speed, size and the ability to land punishing hits. A consistent player that is solid on the penalty kill uses his long reach to his advantage. Needs to work on his positioning and skills around the net.

Patrick White - Is a skilled, strong, physical forward that has the ability to make a difference with his tough play in the corners and around the net. Displays a good wrist shot when coming in on the right wing, able to get his shot off with ease. Lacks a sense of urgency in his play sometimes.

Mike Hoeffel - Is an excellent skater, with good puck pursuit, and plays the power game in the corners and around the net. Possesses a good shot with a quick release, but needs to be more consistent with his decision making with the puck. Needs to improve his top speed puck handling as well as in traffic.

Tommy Cross - A stay at home defenseman with good mobility and quickness. Has the ability to get into open space to expand his passing options. A physical defensive zone player who covers is net extremely well. He needs to utilize his offensive skills, as he possesses a good shot from the point.

I doubt Maclean, or Cross will be avaliable at 27, But the other three very well might be.

I think that pretty much sums up the depth of this draft. It's a crapshoot. It basically comes down to teams taking players who suit their needs, rather than the "best player available" route, since there's no clear cut players that stand out above the rest once you get out of the top 3 or 4.

Guest bullocks

I think that pretty much sums up the depth of this draft. It's a crapshoot. It basically comes down to teams taking players who suit their needs, rather than the "best player available" route, since there's no clear cut players that stand out above the rest once you get out of the top 3 or 4.

ye or low risk/high reward picks...if u do ur homework you'll be able to find a coupal...its not as bad as it first looked about a year ago...lots of players made strides this year and a few dropped out of the top 5 like esposito and backlund.

Edited by bullocks

ye or low risk/high reward picks...if u do ur homework you'll be able to find a coupal...its not as bad as it first looked about a year ago...lots of players made strides this year and a few dropped out of the top 5 like esposito and backlund.

dino ciccireli was undrafted free agent

dino ciccireli was undrafted free agent

What does that have to do with anything?

Nobody doubted Dino's talent. He went undrafted because in his final year of juniors, he broke his leg. It almost ended his career. He managed to come back and signed with Minnesota. If he wouldn't have broke his leg, he probably would have been drafted.

Brett Maclean - Is a power forward that has a great scoring drive. Uses his size to protect the puck and create scoring chances. He needs to work on improving his mobility and footwork as well as his stick handling.

Colton Gillies - Is a power forward that has great speed, size and the ability to land punishing hits. A consistent player that is solid on the penalty kill uses his long reach to his advantage. Needs to work on his positioning and skills around the net.

Patrick White - Is a skilled, strong, physical forward that has the ability to make a difference with his tough play in the corners and around the net. Displays a good wrist shot when coming in on the right wing, able to get his shot off with ease. Lacks a sense of urgency in his play sometimes.

Mike Hoeffel - Is an excellent skater, with good puck pursuit, and plays the power game in the corners and around the net. Possesses a good shot with a quick release, but needs to be more consistent with his decision making with the puck. Needs to improve his top speed puck handling as well as in traffic.

Tommy Cross - A stay at home defenseman with good mobility and quickness. Has the ability to get into open space to expand his passing options. A physical defensive zone player who covers is net extremely well. He needs to utilize his offensive skills, as he possesses a good shot from the point.

I doubt Maclean, or Cross will be avaliable at 27, But the other three very well might be.

Thank you. White or Hoeffel sound like they would make a good fit with the Wings. But I could say that about them with 10 other teams. So maybe the Wings will get a little lucky like the Tigers did the other day and have a good prospect fall to them. We will see.

Guest bullocks

Thank you. White or Hoeffel sound like they would make a good fit with the Wings. But I could say that about them with 10 other teams. So maybe the Wings will get a little lucky like the Tigers did the other day and have a good prospect fall to them. We will see.

I'd take Gillies over White or Hoeffel. Gillies is 6'4" and can skate.

I'd take Gillies over White or Hoeffel. Gillies is 6'4" and can skate.

Yes very true, but I was looking at your board and you have Gillies going earlier. Talented big tough forwards usually aren't at 27. Do you think he could fall to them?

Guest bullocks

Yes very true, but I was looking at your board and you have Gillies going earlier. Talented big tough forwards usually aren't at 27. Do you think he could fall to them?

i think he could go anywhere from 20-30

although someone could take a chance on him earlier on because of his size and skating ability.

he's a project...but if he was around at 27 i'd probably take him.

From what I understand Gillies is basically a faster, harder-working Keith Primeau without the offensive skill. In any other draft I'd say he's not worth taking in the first round, but seeing as how weak the '07 crop is I can see why he's being mentioned as a top 15-20 candidate. His size and work ethic make him a safe pick even though he'll probably top out as a 3rd liner.

Edited by StaticWithABeat

Bullocks, I salute your knowledge, scholarship, and hard work.

This from Kp-Wings: "When was the last time you can remember the Wings actually taking a Canadian in the first round?"

Answer: Cory Emmerton, 2006; Jimmy Howard, (American, but at least not a European as people generalize) 2003!

My next comment is not meant to be critical, it is just a point of interest for me. Quite a few posters have mentioned various names over the years, players that you thought the Wings should draft, yet I don't think the Wings have ever, or at least rarely used your suggestions. I guess, and once again this is not a criticism, professional scouts know better.

Bullocks, since you worked so hard to compile your list I'm going to copy it and see how you do.

Correction to my previous post: Jimmy Howard was NOT a 1st round pick. The Wings didn't have a 1st round pick in 2003 (in the trade for Mathieu Schneider, the L.A. Kings got Sean Avery, Maxim Kuznetsov, a 1st round pick in 2003, and a 2nd round pick in 2004!). However, Howard was the 1st Wings' pick of 2003, in the 2nd round.

Guest bullocks

Bullocks, I salute your knowledge, scholarship, and hard work.

This from Kp-Wings: "When was the last time you can remember the Wings actually taking a Canadian in the first round?"

Answer: Cory Emmerton, 2006; Jimmy Howard, (American, but at least not a European as people generalize) 2003!

My next comment is not meant to be critical, it is just a point of interest for me. Quite a few posters have mentioned various names over the years, players that you thought the Wings should draft, yet I don't think the Wings have ever, or at least rarely used your suggestions. I guess, and once again this is not a criticism, professional scouts know better.

Bullocks, since you worked so hard to compile your list I'm going to copy it and see how you do.

Thanks. Like i said before, who i have projected as the Wings selection, prolly won't come tru. I think he'll go in the 2nd round personally. I just put him there because he's Swedish. I can easily see the Wings taking Anderson instead of him. Or anybody projected on my mock draft from 23-30. If Gillies was still around at #27, i'd take him personally.

EDIT: i just switched a coupal things around.

I think Eller will be drafted higher then #20. I had him going #17 to the Rangers but then i flipped him with Mayorov in #20. I think Parren will go higher then #22, just felt like the right fit with the Canadiens. Like i said i don't think hjalmarsson will go that high to the Wings, but i just put him there cuz he's Swedish lol so you can replace him with Anderson maybe or some one else around the 25th spot.

Edited by bullocks

Emmerton and Howard were both second round selections. They were the Wings first picks that year, but they weren't first round picks.

The last Canadian player drafted by the Wings in the first round was Jesse Wallin back in 1996. Maybe it's time to consider an American if that's any implication. :P

Edited by Kp-Wings

Good stuff.

#17 in your draft, Lars Eller may go higher. Said to be the total package and is getting more recognition day by day.