• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Wingsfan4life19

Kenny's plans

Rate this topic

Just checked Spectors, and found a little info on the Wings off season plans.

MLIVE.COM: Ansar Khan reports the Detroit Red Wings are close to re-signing defenceman Chris Chelios to a one-year contract. Once Chelios is re-signed GM Ken Holland will turn his attention toward landing two defencemen, two forwards and a goalie, some of which will likely be re-signings.

Which forwards need to be resigned? Schneider is obviously one of the D, and possibly Markov, and Dom is probably the goalie... But who could we be resigning fo forwards. If noone, we'll be acquiring someone.

yes, i think we will sign schneider, bertuzzi, hasek, and kozlov. sergei comes back at the deadline.

Please stop it!!

Enough with the Sergei back to the Wings at the deadline talk... do you really think we are going to:

1). Trade within our division?

2). Sign/trade for a guy who in no uncertain terms, told us he didn't want to be here?

3). Trade for another aging veteran that we don't need?

The answer, I think not.

Sergei was a great player and we all loved what he did while he was here (besides ***** and moan), but it's over. No Darren McCarty. No Marty LaPointe. No Shanny. No Steve Yzerman. No Larionov and by the way, Fischer ain't coming back either. STOP LIVING IN THE PAST!!!

Sorry for the outburst. :crazy:

Ummm yeah we did...His name is Chris Chelios :rolleyes:

That one seemed to work out quite well... touche. Do you really think Sergei could come back here and play into his mid-forties? Just a thought. :sly:

Guest bullocks

Please stop it!!

Enough with the Sergei back to the Wings at the deadline talk... do you really think we are going to:

2). Sign/trade for a guy who in no uncertain terms, told us he didn't want to be here?

The answer, I think not.

Sergei was a great player and we all loved what he did while he was here (besides ***** and moan), but it's over. No Darren McCarty. No Marty LaPointe. No Shanny. No Steve Yzerman. No Larionov and by the way, Fischer ain't coming back either. STOP LIVING IN THE PAST!!!

u think holland would be scared to trade with columbus? LOL like their going anywhere quick...never once said he didn't want to be in detroit, he played here for 10 years and left, it's a business...and he's only going to be 37...he'd be great for a playoff run.

Please stop it!!

The answer, I think not.

1.columbus will be out of the playoffs by christmas

2.maybe years of being on a s***ty might change his mind

3.we signed a bunch in 2002 to win a cup how did that work out

Please stop it!!

The answer, I think not.

yet everyone loves osgod coming back

Two forwards? For sure Bert is one of them. SKLJDGS HOW BOUT CALDS?! :(

No, he's gone. It's all but official.

Man alive. How is it that Fedorov manages to be mentioned in almost every single topic created on here anymore? Soon enough we'll see mention of Fedorov in the Tigers baseball season topic, or something regarding George W. Bush.

I'm getting tired of the nostalgia. Fedorov hasn't been in the playoffs in 4 years, and he's not nearly the player he used to be. Why is that brining him back would automatically mean we'd win the Cup? We may not have won a Stanley Cup since he left, but we still lost even when he was here. Ugh.

Edited by Kp-Wings

No, he's gone. It's all but official.

Man alive. How is it that Fedorov manages to be mentioned in almost every single topic created on here anymore? Soon enough we'll see mention of Fedorov in the Tigers baseball season topic, or something regarding George W. Bush.

I'm getting tired of the nostalgia. Fedorov hasn't been in the playoffs in 4 years, and he's not nearly the player he used to be. Why is that brining him back would automatically mean we'd win the Cup? We may not have won a Stanley Cup since he left, but we still lost even when he was here. Ugh.

sergei cant be a top line guy but think about him as a second line center he is good in his own zone good on faceoffs plus who would have thought hasek would be back or chris chelios would be a wing

sergei cant be a top line guy but think about him as a second line center he is good in his own zone good on faceoffs plus who would have thought hasek would be back or chris chelios would be a wing

No, he can't. Zetterberg and Datsyuk are top line players. You've got your blinders on too tight if you actually believe Fedorov can still be an effective top line player.

yet everyone loves osgood coming back

Not so much... but that's not really based on anything factual, just me not liking him the first go-around either.

Although isn't he the last goalie to be drafted by the Wings to actually make fully to the show?

Edited by vangvace

No, he can't. Zetterberg and Datsyuk are top line players. You've got your blinders on too tight if you actually believe Fedorov can still be an effective top line player.

Wow, did you read that post? He said Sergei CAN'T be a top line guy, and that he would be a good second line center.

I don't know how anyone could think that the addition of Sergei would be a bad thing. The guys is, year in and year out, one of the best two-way guys in the league. Now, I'm not saying Kenny needs to go out and get him. I believe he is over priced. He is 37 and he isn't the player he once was. But neither is Cheli, Ozzie, BERT, Malts, Drapes, Dom, ect.

Bottom line is Sergei could jump in and help this team. However, with his price tag, it isn't going to happen.

Now next summer.....

Bertuzzi needs to be back.

but why would kenny let go of Markov? i thought he played great this year,

and what in the world happened for Babs and kenny to fall out of love so quickly with kyle calder?

Wow, did you read that post? He said Sergei CAN'T be a top line guy, and that he would be a good second line center.

I don't know how anyone could think that the addition of Sergei would be a bad thing. The guys is, year in and year out, one of the best two-way guys in the league. Now, I'm not saying Kenny needs to go out and get him. I believe he is over priced. He is 37 and he isn't the player he once was. But neither is Cheli, Ozzie, BERT, Malts, Drapes, Dom, ect.

Bottom line is Sergei could jump in and help this team. However, with his price tag, it isn't going to happen.

Now next summer.....

What makes you think that Fedorov is still one of the best two-way guys in the league?

IMO your statement is definitely an anachronism.

Edited by Mila

Hmm that I dunno since Cheli is a freak of nature being able to play @ his age...Feds hasn't had any major injuries that'll really slow him down, but what are his off ice, & off season workouts like? Is he mentally up for the challenge? Me thinks he could be once he steps onto the ice in the Joe wearing the #91 with the Winged Wheel & hears thousands of fans cheering for him...If Stevie, Igor Larionov, & Slava Fetisov, can play well while pushing 40 - I honestly don't see why Feds couldn't do it either; granted he won't be able to play like he was 25, but he's def capable of playing on the 2nd line...For $1 to $1.5 million; yeah I think he'd be a good risk.

:lol: his maid makes more than that. he's not going to return for that kind of money, if at all.

for who was asking about calder. kenny made it clear that it was a tryout and he wouldn't resign kyle unless he made an immediate impact and gained a roster spot by achieved results... he did not.

i suspect the bert, cheli, and dom signings are all only a matter of time. markov should be given his walking papers right around the same time frame.

I did read his post, but due to his extreme lack of decent grammar, I couldn't actually see that read "can't".

The main reason I don't want Fedorov back is because he is un-motivated. I mean, here we finally manage to free ourselves of Lang, and now people want to bring in another lazy, un-motivated center in? I highly doubt Sergei would ever revive his career here. And really, I don't want to see the chance even taken. Let Filppula play the role of second line center. He's plenty ready.

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app/?service=page&a...rticleid=316883

Apparently we're close to signing Chelios and Schneider, and I think its safe to say Hasek will come back too (I cant see him saying hes going to retire this far away from his initial deadline of the drafts). Also, "inside sources" claim that the Wings are indeed aiming for Kozlov, and want to put him on a line with Datsyuk.

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app/?service=page&a...rticleid=316883

Apparently we're close to signing Chelios and Schneider, and I think its safe to say Hasek will come back too (I cant see him saying hes going to retire this far away from his initial deadline of the drafts). Also, "inside sources" claim that the Wings are indeed aiming for Kozlov, and want to put him on a line with Datsyuk.

Why? Holmstrom is a perfect fit on the first line with Datsyuk and Zetterberg (unless this means Zetterberg and Datsyuk will be split up).

I don't understand this thing that, once you are a Red Wing, you have to retire a Red Wing. There are other good choices to go after out there other then Kozlov, and there names aren't Scott Hartnell for that matter either. Ugh.

I hope one of those forwards ain't lang..... Markov was great and I really like him but I don't see him comming back. Kenny will proboaly sign another tough d man though, possibly Cory Sarich? Made 1.8 last year could proboaly be had for 2.5 the same Marky got last year. Kozlov would be a good signing but I would like kenny to get someone whos big and strong, don't know any big strong guys on the market right now though..

Then whom do you like for under $4 million per season? With Dom, & Schneider probably getting raises, & the potential for Holland to re-sign Markov, or another top Dman - there may not be much more than the $4 mill.

Dainius Zubrus was who I was thinking up. He scored 24 goals this season 61 points, and has good size being 6'3, 212 pounds. While he didn't score any goals with Buffalo during the playoffs this year, his physical play was top class, and I think him and Bertuzzi would form a great line together. He could come for around 2.5 to 3 million also, from what I've heard anyways.

What makes you think that Fedorov is still one of the best two-way guys in the league?

IMO your statement is definitely an anachronism.

Anachronism, I love that word. But sersiously, Sergei is one of the best two-way guys. Just watch him play. He may not be as threatening offensively as he once was, but he is still up there. Couple that with his defensive prowess and you've got what? One of the best two-way guys in the league.

Again, I challange not just you, but anyone to show me a guy who is offensively threatening as Sergei, and defensively solid.