• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
SouthernWingsFan

Jiri Hudler - Would you have played him more?

Rate this topic

Well said.

People seem to forget the two own goals Anaheim scored for us to win the first game. Or all the power plays, including key 5 on 3's that the Wings didn't convert throughout the series.

And I wouldn't want the Wings to be a dirty team... but I'm growing weary of hearing the word "classy."

Classy is apparently the new gritty.

Its annoying all the "Class" crap. And its obviosly not true , Anaheim had like one classy player on there team , and they won the cup.

I'd rather be the dirtiest team in the league and win the cup , then eat Tea and Crumpets with the Queen all offseason.

Its annoying all the "Class" crap. And its obviosly not true , Anaheim had like one classy player on there team , and they won the cup.

I'd rather be the dirtiest team in the league and win the cup , then eat Tea and Crumpets with the Queen all offseason.

I know. This whole "Class" thing is just a bunch of spewing bulls***. Obviously some people prefer the Wings be ******* or some s*** in that general range.

ppl on here tend to live in the past too much. it's over man, we lost...move on. i don't know if u win hockey games by "out classing" teams...and i wouldnt say we totally outplayed them, it seems ppl tend to forget that they outplayed us in games 1 and 2. as for the cheap ass lucky goal from neidermayer, yes...it was lucky, but we had our chances for that to not matter. teams that win take advantage of their chances, like anaheim.

Are these the people who want Fedorov back? ;)

Guest DetroitIan

ppl on here tend to live in the past too much. it's over man, we lost...move on. i don't know if u win hockey games by "out classing" teams...and i wouldnt say we totally outplayed them, it seems ppl tend to forget that they outplayed us in games 1 and 2. as for the cheap ass lucky goal from neidermayer, yes...it was lucky, but we had our chances for that to not matter. teams that win take advantage of their chances, like anaheim.

Im not living in the past at all. Im just sayin, we clearly outplayed them games 3, 4 and 5. So you wouldnt say we totally outplayed them?? Outshooting, winning more face offs and spending loads more time in their offensive zone is called outplaying a team. And the Red Wings are a team known for its high skill AND class. All you ppl saying you would take a dirty Red Wings team for a Cup. f*** that. 3 Cups with skill and class. Thats how we do it. And yeah its true that they took advantage of their total luck. But the fact still remains that if that puck didnt randomly tip off the center of Neidermayer's stick and into the net, no doubt in my mind we would have closed that series out. f*** those "Pronger" type players. We don't need that in the Winged Wheel. And we never will. Get used to it.

Babcock decides who is scratched, not Holland.

i know that, i evidently wasn't thinking clearly when i responded.

thanks for the clarification. although of course the point is... i was just happy that he was a scratch, period.

Im not living in the past at all. Im just sayin, we clearly outplayed them games 3, 4 and 5. So you wouldnt say we totally outplayed them?? Outshooting, winning more face offs and spending loads more time in their offensive zone is called outplaying a team. And the Red Wings are a team known for its high skill AND class. All you ppl saying you would take a dirty Red Wings team for a Cup. f*** that. 3 Cups with skill and class. Thats how we do it. And yeah its true that they took advantage of their total luck. But the fact still remains that if that puck didnt randomly tip off the center of Neidermayer's stick and into the net, no doubt in my mind we would have closed that series out. f*** those "Pronger" type players. We don't need that in the Winged Wheel. And we never will. Get used to it.

Better make that 2 Cups with skill and class. Or are you excusing Jiri Fischer's crosscheck to Tommy Westlund's face?

And if Lang doesnt get a lucky goal against SJ, the Sharks probably close that series out. So playing the "what if" game can also be a negative for the Wings as well. The better team won.

Better make that 2 Cups with skill and class. Or are you excusing Jiri Fischer's crosscheck to Tommy Westlund's face?

I'm assuming he is, since many people here forget that the Wings have had dirty players play here before also. You'd be hard pressed to find anyone that considers guys like Jamie Macoun and Ulf Samulesson as "Classy" people.

I'm assuming he is, since many people here forget that the Wings have had dirty players play here before also. You'd be hard pressed to find anyone that considers guys like Jamie Macoun and Ulf Samulesson as "Classy" people.

It really is ridiculous the way some overlook everything. You would think having Bertuzzi would be enough to end the whole holier than thou Wings are squeaky clean players attitude. But its excuse after excuse, "Bert hasnt been dirty as a Wing yet". "Ulf only played a few games for us". "Maltby suckerpunching Avery was ok cause he deserved it", "Jiri just made a mistake"....etc.

Of course the excuses dont end there either. Every year we lose in the playoffs theres a new one. Against Calgary its that they clutched and grabbed their way to victory, against Edmonton it was cause they played the trap (a perfectly legal scheme to boot), and now Anaheim just got unbelievably lucky. Ugh..

Edited by Lou_Siffer

It really is ridiculous the way some overlook everything. You would think having Bertuzzi would be enough to end the whole holier than thou Wings are squeaky clean players attitude. But its excuse after excuse, "Bert hasnt been dirty as a Wing yet". "Ulf only played a few games for us". "Maltby suckerpunching Avery was ok cause he deserved it", "Jiri just made a mistake"....etc.

Of course the excuses dont end there either. Every year we lose in the playoffs theres a new one. Against Calgary its that they clutched and grabbed their way to victory, against Edmonton it was cause they played the trap (a perfectly legal scheme to boot), and now Anaheim just got unbelievably lucky. Ugh..

You make it sound like other teams fans don't make the exact same excuses. I'm sure if the Ducks lost to the Wings they'd all believe that the Wings were just better than them. ;)

You make it sound like other teams fans don't make the exact same excuses. I'm sure if the Ducks lost to the Wings they'd all believe that the Wings were just better than them. ;)

I dont go on any other team boards, so i dont know what goes on there. Im sure it does somewhat...but to this degree? I have my doubts.

We haven't seen the best excuse yet Lou, but I'll just say it right now.....God is a Duck fan. :P:lol:

We haven't seen the best excuse yet Lou, but I'll just say it right now.....God is a Duck fan. :P:lol:

I cant speak for God, but one thing i can guarantee you is that theres a guy named lucifer that really likes 'em!

Edited by Lou_Siffer