No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
SouthernWingsFan

Some of our top moments from 2007 playoffs

Rate this topic

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/playoffs2007...&id=2896114

Some specifics for the Wings...

They shoot dark horses don't they?

A season ago, the bottom four seeds in the Western Conference advanced to the second round and the eighth-seeded Edmonton Oilers went to the seventh game of the Stanley Cup finals. This season, the NHL's best regular-season teams enjoyed commensurate success in the playoffs. The top two seeds in the West, Anaheim and Detroit, faced off in an entertaining Western Conference finals, while the Presidents' Trophy winners from Buffalo hosted Ottawa, one of the best teams during the second half of the NHL season. The upsets are what drives interest early in the postseason, but having quality teams late in the going provides a better overall product.

The old men and the Wings

As much as the NHL is a young man's game (see Crosby, Jordan Staal, Ryan Getzlaf et al), it was a treat to watch Chris Chelios, 45, and Dominik Hasek, 42, lead the Red Wings back to the Western Conference finals for the first time since 2002. In the absence of Niklas Kronwall and Mathieu Schneider, Chelios was a rock, while Hasek made Red Wings fans forget about the mess he made of his last go-round in Detroit.

Hockeytown? Try Buffalo

The unbridled enthusiasm of Buffalo fans for their team was heartwarming. To see thousands crowding the areas around the HSBC Arena -- while the game was going on inside -- is the stuff that makes GMs around America drool. As for Detroit, the city that likes to call itself Hockeytown, Detroit, it should be forced to loan that title to Buffalo after failing to sell out a single home date during the playoffs. Guess that's what you get for driving up your playoff ticket prices when the local economy is in the tank.

3.Datsyuk deeking Nabby at center ice.

2. Any of the many miraculous saves Dom made, pick one. :)

1. Lang Scoring against the Flames/Sharks with 3min to late in the third to send the game to OT!!

Not the biggest Lang fan but those were both huge goals!!!

Top Moments for me

Clearys shortie drive against SJ. His Penalty shot agasint Calgary.

Franzens game winner agaisnt Calgary and Lidstroms save of the playoffs on Mike Greir.

Lidstrom's save was a good one. Forgot about that!!! :thumbup:

Definately when Dats scored with 1:24 left against San Jose in Game 2; I was lucky enough to be there and even though I've been to like 20 Wings games there, that was the best moment that I've ever had at the Joe; I must have went up 10 rows high fiving other fans after that!

I have to admit that I'm revenge-driven.

My fave moments were "Franzen's revenge" against the Flames and Homer coming back for an assist after getting hit by Chris "I can't control my own elbows" Pronger.

mine had to be the come from behind win on game 4 against the sharks. i was on the glass, so i got to see the whole thing. the last minute of regulation all of the sharks tank was up yelling "red wings suck" then all of a sudden lang scores and i the place goes silent except for all the wings fans around cheering. the whole game i yelled at robert lang until that moment. :clap:

That goal Pasha scored on San Jose was awesome, but I think the most beautiful moment for me was when Pasha scored and just let loose with his emotions for the first time...yelling and just showing his true feelings. I absolutely loved that moment...

1st is cleary's hit on pha-suckass

2nd is the run Dats and Z put up in the third period of our last playoff game. Our whole team tried their best and it was nice to go out with a fight

Guest bullocks

Gotta be when Lang scored with 30 seconds left or w.e that was, saved our season none the less. Then when Schneider finished it off in overtime.

You know what? I gotta say this years playoffs were the most exciting, and memorable as for as 'moments' even moreso than their Cup years. Maybe that's going too far..but it's how I feel.

Everything Cleary related was my fave. His penalty shot goal, hit on Phaneuf, Shorty against the Sharks that tied the game..just everything. He was downright amazing.

Also can't forget CLUTCH BOBBY LANG. 30 seconds left! ljsdkgjs and Franzen ending the Flames series in double OT.

I just still feel like the Wings were robbed. All those great moments, plus so many that I didn't mention and it's like you're suppose to say "Remember in '07 when we won the Cup and how AMAZING Dan Cleary was. Remember that huge save Lidstrom made. Schneider's OT goal that saved us, and Datsyuk emerging,..etc.."

UGH.

Edited by HockeyCrazy3033

Markov actually dropping the gloves with Thornton....not anything to most but by god its enough to enter the Lou Siffer Hall of Fame!

Markov actually dropping the gloves with Thornton....not anything to most but by god its enough to enter the Lou Siffer Hall of Fame!

Cheap on Thornton's part to come from behind though. Had Markov been actually face to face with him, he would of messed him up!

Cheap on Thornton's part to come from behind though. Had Markov been actually face to face with him, he would of messed him up!

Noooooooooooo!!!!!!!!! eeeek! Thornton wouldve beaten up Markov no question, no matter the circumstances, but I really applaud Markov's effort though!

I do think they dropped the gloves face to face though...Thornton just dropped his a little sooner

For me, my top moment of 2007 was Cleary's penalty shot against the flames, probably because I was there. The crowded at the Joe was the loudest I had heard it in a long time. :thumbup:

Edited by Wings_Rule_1010

Noooooooooooo!!!!!!!!! eeeek! Thornton wouldve beaten up Markov no question, no matter the circumstances, but I really applaud Markov's effort though!

lsjkgs okay so I watched the fight again. It was face to face, BUT Thornton jumped on Markov before he was even able to drop his gloves. WEAAAAAK.

I must be thinking about another fight though..because I really remember sometime during the playoffs where Markov was right in front of Hasek and one of the Sharks or Ducks players tackled him from behind and Markov got up extremely pissed wanting to hurt the guy. lol

Edited by HockeyCrazy3033

Definately when Dats scored with 1:24 left against San Jose in Game 2; I was lucky enough to be there and even though I've been to like 20 Wings games there, that was the best moment that I've ever had at the Joe; I must have went up 10 rows high fiving other fans after that!

I have to agree with you man... I was there also, that was just amazing! It wasn't just that we won it in the last two minutes, it was the comeback that completed the night.

Guest bullocks

You know what? I gotta say this years playoffs were the most exciting, and memorable as for as 'moments' even moreso than their Cup years. Maybe that's going too far..but it's how I feel.

Everything Cleary related was my fave. His penalty shot goal, hit on Phaneuf, Shorty against the Sharks that tied the game..just everything. He was downright amazing.

Also can't forget CLUTCH BOBBY LANG. 30 seconds left! ljsdkgjs and Franzen ending the Flames series in double OT.

I just still feel like the Wings were robbed. All those great moments, plus so many that I didn't mention and it's like you're suppose to say "Remember in '07 when we won the Cup and how AMAZING Dan Cleary was. Remember that huge save Lidstrom made. Schneider's OT goal that saved us, and Datsyuk emerging,..etc.."

UGH.

every team that got as far as we did has great moments like those. you just don't realize them because your a wings fan. although ur right, some of those plays were really huge lol