• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

russianswede919293

Unveiling of league's New Uni's

Rate this topic

http://bluejackets.nhl.com/team/app/?servi...rticleid=314813

The Blue Jackets are unveiling theirs right before the draft. Do you think that other teams are going to unveil them before the draft, or even at the draft when giving Uni's to the picks?

I am really interested in seeing some of the new designs, and some teams are changing logos too, like Columbus is, and I cannot wait to see what they will look like.

Any news on when other teams are unveiling the new product, the WIngs in particular, because I plan on getting a Dan Cleary uniform when they are released.

I don't know about the Wings, but I know that the Capitals are unveiling their new logo at the draft (I'm excited lol). It'd make sense if all the teams showed off the new unis at the draft, but who knows.

Guest Crymson

The Blue Jackets are unveiling theirs right before the draft. Do you think that other teams are going to unveil them before the draft, or even at the draft when giving Uni's to the picks?

I am really interested in seeing some of the new designs, and some teams are changing logos too, like Columbus is, and I cannot wait to see what they will look like.

Any news on when other teams are unveiling the new product, the WIngs in particular, because I plan on getting a Dan Cleary uniform when they are released.

Gee, these new uniforms ought to turn the league's fortunes around. Thumbs up, Bettman.

Edited by Crymson

Maybe I'm just a raging pessimist - actually I know I am - but I'm going to hate the new jerseys no matter what they look like. To me, they represent Bettman's bastardized NHL, while the current jerseys will remind me of "the good old days."

I'll try to give them a chance when they're unveiled, but to me it's just Bettman continuing to piss all over hockey, one tradition at a time. They're the one thing that still reminds me of the old ass-kicking NHL, and now that's going away too. I don't want to hear any BS about justifying the change either...ohh but the players will be 8% more aerodynamic, sophisticated anti-sweat fabric, etc etc....they've made jerseys out of the same god damn material since forever and the players never seemed to complain about sweatiness or wind resistance hindering their on-ice performance. It's just another tradition sacrificed for the sake of generating money.

That is what I like to hear :thumbup::D

Gee, these new uniforms ought to turn the league's fortunes around. Thumbs up, Bettman.

Exactly. Of all issues there are to be addressed, from the TV contract, to ridiculous ticket prices for s***ty teams like Toronto and Chicago, to the increased clutching and grabbing just like the old NHL, he picks new jerseys to be the answer to all the problems. What a joke.

Exactly. Of all issues there are to be addressed, from the TV contract, to ridiculous ticket prices for s***ty teams like Toronto and Chicago, to the increased clutching and grabbing just like the old NHL, he picks new jerseys to be the answer to all the problems. What a joke.

1) There is nothing to address about the TV contracts, the contracts are already signed for next year and have options for 3 years after that.

2) It isn't Bettman's responsibility or job to talk about any teams ticket prices.

3) Do you honestly believe that Bettman believes that new jerseys are an answer to problems? The jerseys were going to change eventually no matter who was the commissioner, the All Star jerseys look fine and I like the problems they're slated to fix. The NHL has changed the style of their jerseys multiple times in the past, every league has changed the style of their jerseys multiple times. At this point all of this bitching is just bitching for bitchings sake.

I'm with you guys with getting Bettman out of the NHL, but be rational and level-headed with your opinions.

Edited by Heaton

Yuck, this is so stupid. They better not go anywhere near changing the red and white. Thanks Bettman for another superb idea. Certainly, the "new" NHL is thriving thanks to all of his brilliant ideas. We have hockey played just like it was pre-lockout, a team winning the Stanley Cup and having a handful of people show up at their parade, and now these uniforms. When is he going to learn NOTHING he has done is making the NHL better? Somebody needs to bring him a "gift" like he did to Anaheim - a pink slip.

Edited by GoWings1905

When is he (Bettman) going to learn NOTHING he has done is making the NHL better? Somebody needs to bring him a "gift" like he did to Anaheim - a pink slip.

SH! Don't mention pink slips in conjunction with uniforms anywhere a ninny like Bettman might be reading. Bert would have to shave his legs.

(Sarcasm not directed at you, GoWings1905, it was just a funny mental pic I got until I read it correctly.)

1) There is nothing to address about the TV contracts, the contracts are already signed for next year and have options for 3 years after that.

2) It isn't Bettman's responsibility or job to talk about any teams ticket prices.

3) Do you honestly believe that Bettman believes that new jerseys are an answer to problems? The jerseys were going to change eventually no matter who was the commissioner, the All Star jerseys look fine and I like the problems they're slated to fix. The NHL has changed the style of their jerseys multiple times in the past, every league has changed the style of their jerseys multiple times. At this point all of this bitching is just bitching for bitchings sake.

I'm with you guys with getting Bettman out of the NHL, but be rational and level-headed with your opinions.

Give me a break.

There are other issues Bettman can be focusing on, and instead, he chooses to change the style of jerseys. Why are you actually supporting him?

Besides that, I hate the way the new jerseys. Just my opinion, but I think they suck.

Give me a break.

There are other issues Bettman can be focusing on, and instead, he chooses to change the style of jerseys. Why are you actually supporting him?

Besides that, I hate the way the new jerseys. Just my opinion, but I think they suck.

First of all, it is actually possible to do more than one thing at a time, how do you know what he is focusing on? He's done an awful job, but there are more peopel in charge of making decisions than just him, it's not like everything else is on the backburner and the jerseys are main priority.

I highly doubt Bettman is really the one picking out the fabrics and the style of the jersey. Second of all, what am I supporting? I like the new jerseys so I'm supporting Bettman? I choose to actually put blame where the blame is deserved, so I'm supporting Bettman? I don't think everything that is wrong with the NHL is his fault, so I'm supporting Bettman? This goes down as the same line of reasoning that if you disagree with the War in Iraq then you aren't supporting the troops, it's completely baseless and ignorant.

Just because I don't blindly point the finger at him for every single that that is wrong with the NHL doesn't make me a Bettman supporter, nothing would make me happier than him stepping down as Commissioner.

Edited by Heaton

First of all, it is actually possible to do more than one thing at a time, I highly doubt Bettman is really the one picking out the fabrics and the style of the jersey.

Isn't he the one making the decision how the final version of the jersey's will look though? As I understand it, he was the one who was all for the change.

Isn't he the one making the decision how the final version of the jersey's will look though? As I understand it, he was the one who was all for the change.

Of course he gives approval, but you're making it sound like the only thing he's been doing for the past few months or years or however long this has been in the making is focusing on this.

As for who is all for the change, well, the owners are for it, most of the GM's, most of the players. If I remember correctly, the majority of the players at the All-Star game loved the new jerseys.

it's not like they're going to made of spandex and we'll be seeing 6-packs and nipples out there. Form Fitting is just the term for them, it's not literal. It's hardly going to be much of a difference at all.

and as for blaming Bettman, isn't RBK the ones leading the charge in this whol uniform thing?

Like Hannan said, he feels 8% faster out there in the new unis. :lol:

Hilarious comment regardless.

That is pretty damn funny. I'll leave judgement of the new jerseys to the players that will be wearing them. If the players think they are an improvement, so be it.

That and no major changes to the actual appearance of Wings (any original 6 team) jersey itself.

If those are in fact their actual 07/08 jerseys, then they are a huge improvement (even though the jersey is a little "busy", IMO).

That being said, anything is an improvement over their current uni's.

IPB Image

IPB Image

Edited by Never Forget Mac #25

If those are in fact their actual 07/08 jerseys, then they are a huge improvement (even though the jersey is a little "busy", IMO).

IPB Image

IPB Image

Those are a big improvement, yet as with many teams I wish they'd go back to the Mid 80's- mid 90's designs. Old school Caps with the red white blue and stars on the sleeves, North stars, color scheme not logo obviously, Canucks (Bure days) although there new ones are way better, L.A (#99) days, Edmonton (#99 days) just to name a few. :D

Those are a big improvement, yet as with many teams I wish they'd go back to the Mid 80's- mid 90's designs. Old school Caps with the red white blue and stars on the sleeves, North stars, color scheme not logo obviously, Canucks (Bure days) although there new ones are way better, L.A (#99) days, Edmonton (#99 days) just to name a few. :D

I hope you're referring to the Retro Blue/Green Jerseys that they wore a good amount this season, because I think their navy ones with the current team logo are lame as hell. I wish Vancouver would switch to that retro uni permanently.

I hope you're referring to the Retro Blue/Green Jerseys that they wore a good amount this season, because I think their navy ones with the current team logo are lame as hell. I wish Vancouver would switch to that retro uni permanently.

If I remember right they are supposed to be changing theirs as well. I think it's supposed to be a hybrid of their retro and navy jerseys.

IPB Image

IPB Image

Wow those are great looking. i love the red white and blue. the stars on the side. wow it looks great