No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hank

Scott Neidermayer To Retire?

Rate this topic

http://www.spectorshockey.net/rumors.html

SPECTOR'S MAILBAG.

Hat tip to "Andrew" for the following on Scott Niedermayer:

I heard on the team 1040 today (6 June) that if the Ducks win the cup that Scott Niedermayer will retire, on Bob Marjanovich's show. Inside source he claimed, you heard it here first he first he claimed...

GJ Berg has more:

Bob MacKenzie on XM Friday says that Scott Niedermayer may be

contemplating retirement. He's won four Cups, played a couple years

with his brother, won the Conn Smythe, Norris, some World Cups, etc.

Take it for what it's worth. But Bob MacKenzie won't talk about rumours unless it's coming from an iron clad source.

With Teemu possilby retiring and the possiblity of Giggy's pads signing with the Kings, the Ducks could be hurting next year.

Note: If Neidermayer and Teemu retire I'm sure the Ducks could resign Giggy's pads. But there's still the possibility of them walking.

He's naturally probably just thinking about it.... Then he will realize he's only 33, noting that he played against Chelios who is 45..... and be back next year.... Part of me hopes he does retire because it will hurt the Ducks' apparent mini-dynasty over the next 3-5 years.....

Take it for what it's worth. But Bob MacKenzie won't talk about rumours unless it's coming from an iron clad source.

With Teemu possilby retiring and the possiblity of Giggy's pads signing with the Kings, the Ducks could be hurting next year.

Note: If Neidermayer and Teemu retire I'm sure the Ducks could resign Giggy's pads. But there's still the possibility of them walking.

http://www.insidesocal.com/kings/2007/06/quack_quack.html

And there's probably your "iron clad source"

This "moment" shared by Mr. and Mrs. Niedermayer has taken on a life of its own. It's been reffered to in local newspapers and at least TSN that I know of. I'm sure if he does end up retiring, everyone will point to that and say "SEE!!!" that's what they were talking about on the ice that night!"

Personally I hope Lisa Niedermayer ends up pregnant with their fourth beautiful child and makes all of you "non-gossipy men" look like a bunch of idiots.

Guest Crymson

Spectors is about as reliable as is G.W. Bush.

I wouldn't feel sorry if Scotty took a walk.

This "moment" shared by Mr. and Mrs. Niedermayer has taken on a life of its own. It's been reffered to in local newspapers and at least TSN that I know of. I'm sure if he does end up retiring, everyone will point to that and say "SEE!!!" that's what they were talking about on the ice that night!"

Personally I hope Lisa Niedermayer ends up pregnant with their fourth beautiful child and makes all of you "non-gossipy men" look like a bunch of idiots.

Gee, mumsy-- men got you down?

Spectors is about as reliable as is G.W. Bush.

He's not as bad as Eklund. All Lyle does is just post rumors he has heard from other sites, hence why he always includes a link. He doesn't pull s*** right out of his ass like Eklund.

There probably is no truth to these rumors, since Neidermayer is only 33. Unless he has some nagging injury no one knows about, which is highly unlikely, he'll be coming back.

He's 33 years old, just won the Conn Smythe and the Stanley Cup playing alongside his brother, and it looks like the Ducks will have a strong team next year.

Why exactly would he retire?

Because he knows how lucky they were to get by the winged wheel. :) I don't see him retiring also and i bank on Selanne and Giguere coming back also.

Because he knows how lucky they were to get by the winged wheel. :) I don't see him retiring also and i bank on Selanne and Giguere coming back also.

Hey, the Wings sure gave the Ducks more of a challenge than the Sens did.

With Selanne and Giguere I don't really have a strong feeling on what's gonna happen.

It wouldn't surprise me if Teemu wanted to retire after this. And it'll be interesting to see how much Anaheim is willing to cough up to keep Giguere, if he's gonna give them any discount, and just what he'd get on the open market.

Thanks, HMom-- I appreciated your linked story.

I've liked Rob since his early Panther days (soooo much fun to argue with my tranplanted snowbird Gulf Coast TB-fanfolk best friends about the two Floridian teams, and c'mon, The RATS were an awesome show of fan appreciation (I know, I know-- overkill, and kinda octopi-copycat, but that phenomenon gave me a grin whilst it lasted, it did).

No matter that I hated the Ducks during the WCFs (ALL Ducks, from the GM down to the guy who mucked out the locker room after)(hope that wasn't you, Roberto Who, heh) with a near-Avalanche passion and rooted against them all the way for the Sens: for me, the Big Mo in the SCFs was Scott giving the Cup to Rob. Period.

We'll probably NEVER see A Moment like that again in our lifetimes.

Niedermayer is only 33? :o I seriously thought he was about 36.

Me too , I alway's thaught he was around the same age as Lids . There's no way that Neidermayer is retiring the guy's in the prime of his career. he's still got a few season's left in him yet.

Hey, the Wings sure gave the Ducks more of a challenge than the Sens did.

With Selanne and Giguere I don't really have a strong feeling on what's gonna happen.

It wouldn't surprise me if Teemu wanted to retire after this. And it'll be interesting to see how much Anaheim is willing to cough up to keep Giguere, if he's gonna give them any discount, and just what he'd get on the open market.

Giguere is saying a lot of things that lead me to believe he wants to stay in anaheim. He said i realize i'm not the top goaltender in the game and i am willing to make a deal before testing the FA WATERS. So i tend to think Giguere gets a deal done in the Luongo mold,approximately 6 million a year for four is my guess. That would mean the ducks are out an additional two a year as they already paid him 3.9 a year. I think with the cap going up its something they can do and i expect it will be done in the coming weeks. Selanne is the only guy i suspect might be gone and that is his decision alone to make. I don't suspect the ducks can afford both so thats where the numbers crunching gets shaky.