• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#41 Opie

Opie

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,418 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 01:01 PM

I for one miss the old names of the divisions. I am so tired of the north, west, east, central, south, south by south west division names.
The trophies have great names, think about it what other sport names there trophy for MVP. Most just call it the NL or AL or NFL MVP award.
I agree though Hockey is becoming way too americanized, IMHO!! (I am American, FYI).

"The more I know about people - the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain

"A wise man once told me, ‘Don’t argue with fools. Cause people from a distance can’t tell who is who'." Jay Z, Takeover

"When I was looking for a captain, I wanted a guy with the Red Wings crest tattooed on his chest," said former Detroit coach Jacques Demers, who named Yzerman captain in 1986. "Steve Yzerman was that guy."

“Told him if he wasn't ultra-competitive he couldn't come here. If he didn't bring it every day he couldn't come here, because he was going to hate it if he didn't, dislike the coach and dislike playing here.
“It's real straightforward. If you don't do it right, you're not happy here." Babcock

#42 Kp-Wings

Kp-Wings

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,844 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 08:15 PM

Increase the net size is the only one I truly disagree with (in fact, it's just plain ridiculous). Scoring is not that far down as to what it was pre-lockout days. If you want to solve the scoring droughts, then make these mediocre goalies like Giguere wear normal sized pads. Compliment that with somehow enforcing teams not to play the trap. It's a stretch, but if given the crudentials, it can be done.