• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dixie Wingslover

Latest Conspiracy theory

Rate this topic

Ummmm, let's see.... in 2003 a gallon of gas = $1.69; in 2007 a gallon of gas $3.47

in 2003 gallon of milk = $2.50; in 2007 $5.00

Adjusted dollars?

Ok...so if a dollar is worth half as much now, doesn't that mean that salaries have to hit 100m before we have to worry about being 'back where we started' or are you just grasping at straws.

Also...where in the f*** are you getting charged 5 bucks for a gallon of milk?? Someone should call the cops, cause that's flat robbery!

Ok...so if a dollar is worth half as much now, doesn't that mean that salaries have to hit 100m before we have to worry about being 'back where we started' or are you just grasping at straws.

Also...where in the f*** are you getting charged 5 bucks for a gallon of milk?? Someone should call the cops, cause that's flat robbery!

Gettysburg South Dakota 5.50 for a gallon of 2% two years ago.

Guest jaytan

Gas and dairy prices don't always correlate directly with how much the dollar is worth.

It was one of Tony Soprano's last deals that Bettman could not refuse...

Remember how fond Tony is of those Ducks...

I thought Tony was a Devils fan, but I guess yer right.

Pronger is certainly a made guy.

Gas and dairy prices don't always correlate directly with how much the dollar is worth.

Good point... I do feel they are a pretty good early indicator of inflation though....and the numbers from prior years are more easily available for these items.

It is just my opinion that unfortunately, the NHL today is..... well for loss of better phrase..... welfare hockey. The cap, cost certainty and revenue sharing are shoring up team management that is poor and was unable to compete. Add in the escrow provision, and you have bad business owners able to keep their business.... and hurt the product overall. Lack of competition is a sure way for a business to be average..... or below.

Good point... I do feel they are a pretty good early indicator of inflation though....and the numbers from prior years are more easily available for these items.

It is just my opinion that unfortunately, the NHL today is..... well for loss of better phrase..... welfare hockey. The cap, cost certainty and revenue sharing are shoring up team management that is poor and was unable to compete. Add in the escrow provision, and you have bad business owners able to keep their business.... and hurt the product overall. Lack of competition is a sure way for a business to be average..... or below.

Yeah, there's no league that has a salary cap that is popular in the US.

Ask the Cleveland Cadavers... ehmm, I mean, Cavaliers... thier organization, their owners, their fans, the City of Cleveland, whether they agree. Ask the Spurs, who have achieved what is arguably one of the greatest sports dynasties of modern days tonight.

For that matter, ask Mike Ilich.

And the Stanley Cup merchandise has nothing to do with the new Ducks logo...that was a marketing blurb about their store.

Maybe it's been so long since your team has been in the SCF that you've forgotten what Stanley Cup Final merchandise looks like ZING!, but it has the big Stanley Cup all over it, usually with the two opposing teams' logos and the year that the SCF is taking place. The majority of people are buying game pucks, SCF patches, blow-up Stanley Cups, etc. Souvenirs of the SCF, not the new Ducks logo; that was months ago.

And now they're waiting for the license plate frames, new coffee cups, new T-shirts, new picture frames, etc. The SCF logo on everything is going to make the Ducks logo change look like chump change.

I might agree to this if there were numbers to support it. Like maybe a breakdown of sales per month Ducks gear vs. SCF gear in the Anaheim area. It's just hard to believe that the cumulative sales of Ducks gear this year, when considering the new logo change, uniform color and design change and the success of the team this season, have been overshadowed by SCF gear sales when there really hasn't been that much time for Anaheim fans to buy it (once Anaheim clinched a spot?), relative to the time they had for normal Ducks gear all successful season (and post-season up to the Finals) long.

f*** Pronger.

esteef

Edited by esteef