• Please log in to reply
657 replies to this topic

#581 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 02:25 PM

Why do so many people lack the motivation to get in shape despite being hopelessly obese?

You said it yourself....."Hopelessly". Unfortunately, those that are in that situation either feel they're too far gone to make the change or simply give up once they've started because of the work it requires. Let's be honest, its easy to come home and sit in front of the TV. After I come home from a long day of work one of the last things I want to do is head outside and go for a run, but I do it because I want to continue to look a certain way. Until people can reach that point, they'll continue to slip and sadly enough will lose so many years (not to mention quality) of their lives.

Sad.

Do you have TP for my bunghole?
(new episodes Oct 27th!)

Sure, if you want to come to Green Bay.

I can't believe that show is back!

Why do people assume that everyone must be skinny? Isn't diversity a good thing?

I don't think most people assume that everyone must be skinny. I think its a good thing to want everyone to be healthy and live their lives in a way that allows them to do most everything they want.

Why is there such hatred against citizen grass-roots movements?

Probably due to the fact that the message the grass-roots movements convey may not be always be what the party they're supporting is advocating.

Why aren't there 10-point baskets in basketball?

That's like asking, why isn't there 3-point goals in hockey. That just isn't the way the game is played.

You want 10-point shots....watch re-runs of Rock & Jock Basketball.
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#582 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 23,280 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 02:25 PM

Should the NHL introduce a new rule saying that goals scored by goalies count as 5 goals, therefore encouraging more goalies to join the rush?

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#583 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 03:08 PM

Should the NHL introduce a new rule saying that goals scored by goalies count as 5 goals, therefore encouraging more goalies to join the rush?

What's to stop Chris Chelios from starting a petition that would allow the 5-Goal, goalie tallie?
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#584 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,940 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 03:15 PM

What's to stop Chris Chelios from starting a petition that would allow the 5-Goal, goalie tallie?

Seriously funny. +1 for that answer.

Why did you start this thread? Were you bored? Were you trying to increase Water Cooler traffic? Something else?

#585 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 04:10 PM

Why did you start this thread? Were you bored? Were you trying to increase Water Cooler traffic? Something else?

Sheer Boredom, that day.

#586 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 04:27 PM

I so miss Sir Drake. He was seriously priceless!

#587 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 08:44 PM

Why are boogars green instead of blue?

I am going to stump you one of these days...

#588 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 12:14 PM

Why are boogars green instead of blue?

I am going to stump you one of these days...

Many of the common bacteria associated with humans have color. Staphylococcus aureus is a golden yellow, and Pseudomonas pyocyanea is a shade of blue. The green color of snot comes from the mixture of the yellow and blue.

#589 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 09:38 PM

What is the point of multi-colored sunglasses?

#590 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 04:20 PM

What is the point of multi-colored sunglasses?

In regards to Lenses? If that's what you're asking, its due to different lenses working better depending on the conditions of a particular day (I.E. overcast, sun, etc.).

#591 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,940 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 12:21 AM

At what age should children start dating?

#592 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 08:23 AM

At what age should children start dating?

In the USA? Or another country?

On top of that, it depends on what you mean by "dating".

#593 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,940 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 08:25 AM

Children in the USA/Canada, and by dating I mean going places together as a couple with intent to form a more permanent relationship.

#594 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 10:10 AM

Children in the USA/Canada, and by dating I mean going places together as a couple with intent to form a more permanent relationship.

There are some adults that shouldn't attempt dating. :lol:

Does a guy prefer to do the asking out or do they like when the woman does?

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#595 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 11:29 AM

I'd say once kids are in high school, go for it. So about age 14/15.

My reasoning behind that is I've had girlfriends since I was like in 3rd grade (not that that really counts), but I noticed once I was in high school you're feelings really start to get much more real/deep and you start to figure out the type of person you're looking to spend the rest of your life with. Over the course of my 4 years in high school I had one semi-serious girlfriend, a very serious girlfriend and 2-3 "flings" (if you will). While those relationships obviously didn't work out I wouldn't change the fact that I dated them because they gave me an understanding of not only what I was looking for in a relationship but how I wanted to be treated by a spouse for the rest of my life.

There are some adults that shouldn't attempt dating. :lol:

Does a guy prefer to do the asking out or do they like when the woman does?

When I was dating, I loved it when girls asked me out in one form or another (I.E. Directly asking, flirting to get the point across, etc.). I believe in chivalry but I'm also contemporary, so being asked out was always nice. It takes the pressure off always having to be the one to do it.

#596 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 05:53 PM

Why are women called chicks sometimes? Those are animals.

#597 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,940 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 08:39 AM

Why are women called chicks sometimes? Those are animals.

Exactly. We can also be cougars. I'll stop there.

EDIT: oops, am I embarrassed. I thought I had clicked on "random discussion thread" and answered the question meant for NFM. My apologies.

Edited by 55fan, 03 September 2011 - 08:42 AM.

#598 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 06:09 AM

What if the chicken came first instead of the egg?

#599 L3T5G0W1NG5

L3T5G0W1NG5

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 04:37 AM

Why do fat women think that they are "real" women? A LOT of them seem to have this mindset that skinny, or in shape women are "fake".

#600 HOCKEY MATTERS

HOCKEY MATTERS

Nearly invisible now........you smell that?

• HoF Booster
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 06:53 AM

Not sure if I posted this here before. If I did, I apologize, but I've always wondered.....

My neighborhood is full of squirrels. A lot of them. Dozens of little baby ones born each year, and following natural law, there have to be dozens of them dying each year, too. Taking into account the ones that get run over by cars, where are the the rest? That's my question.....

Is there one particular place squirrels go to die?

I've heard that elephants do that. All go to one place when the grim reaper comes acalling. Why doesn't the world reek of decomposing squirrel carcasses?
half the world is nuts...and the other half is crazy
"You can't chew yesterdays' breakfast." Jim Leyland
Drawing on my fine command of language, I said nothing.

Alternative to Google tracking you.... http://duckduckgo.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users