• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
zata40

Vancouver's new jerseys?

Rate this topic

Guest jaytan

Here's another concept that a graphic designer made for them...

IPB Image

I saw that one the other day and was very impressed. That's the best concept (or actual) look I've ever seen for Vancouver.

Guest jaytan

...does anyone have a pic of the new Wings jersey? I know it was in a thread a month or so ago, but I cannot find it... TIA!

I've heard a rumor that it'll look like this, but with red gloves:

IPB Image

Seriously, when DON'T they have new jerseys coming out?? Its like every other year the Nucks release yet ANOTHER jersey. Yet somehow they manage to make every single one ugly as f***. Give it up Vancouver.

That's pretty damn funny. hahaha.

Tim wait a second, weren't the socks black too? I could've sworn they were. At least in NHL 97 they were, haha.

When I typed the post, I originally put "The bottom of the jersey was black, all black pants, all black socks..."

Then I looked at the picture. I still think the allllll black was pimp, but that uniform is awesome anyway, even with the orange and yellow socks.

I found one of those jerseys on ebay a few months ago. I was hoping no one would notice and I could get it fairly cheap. Thennnn the bidding went up to like $200. Damn.

-Tim

When I typed the post, I originally put "The bottom of the jersey was black, all black pants, all black socks..."

Then I looked at the picture. I still think the allllll black was pimp, but that uniform is awesome anyway, even with the orange and yellow socks.

I found one of those jerseys on ebay a few months ago. I was hoping no one would notice and I could get it fairly cheap. Thennnn the bidding went up to like $200. Damn.

-Tim

I REALLY need to get NHL 97 working again so I can find out if they were all black in the game. Soooo close too, it just won't start up.

I've heard a rumor that it'll look like this, but with red gloves:

IPB Image

ROTFLMAO!!! :lol:

Regarding the Vancouver jerseys, I like the first two - the blue, green and white ones with Johnny Canuck and the hockey stick on the white background. I always liked those old old Vancouver unis.

Those late 1970's-early 1980's "Lost In Sapce"-looking unis were hideous!! :puke:

I REALLY need to get NHL 97 working again so I can find out if they were all black in the game. Soooo close too, it just won't start up.

I have NHL 97 SEGA Emulater on the computer and for SEGA, let me check really quick lol.

Edited by Hockey13Playa

Is that the only problem? :lol:

God those were great games.....I still remember that "holy s***" moment when we first realized that the players had their real faces.

-Tim

Yupp, just checked and there deffinetally black in NHL 97

here is a screen shot of it hah

IPB Image

Oh, heh, I meant NHL 97 for the PC, not the Genesis or SNES version. I have all 3 though, haha.

thank god for better graphics. and think it was just 10 years ago when that was high quality!

hah I know seriously, that game was fun though I have some memories of playing that game! :cool:

Oh, heh, I meant NHL 97 for the PC, not the Genesis or SNES version. I have all 3 though, haha.

Oh oops, I have it for the computer as well hah, but I am not attempting to load it on my laptop.

On the other hand here are the socks and jerseys that were used for the 1996-1997 hockey season.

IPB Image

wow, I actually got it to run via tricking it into doing some stuff it shouldn't be doing and I got the Canucks with their red/black uniforms, but they had all black socks. I guess the game was wrong this whole time. Oh well, they looked really cool though.

I tried to do a print screen, but when I pasted the image into photoshop, it was all black with some green letters, you couldn't even see the players.

For people asking about the Wings jerseys and such; absolutely nothing has been anounced for any team. Everything is just speculation right now. Alot of the jerseys will be seen around draft day.

wow, I actually got it to run via tricking it into doing some stuff it shouldn't be doing and I got the Canucks with their red/black uniforms, but they had all black socks. I guess the game was wrong this whole time. Oh well, they looked really cool though.

God I knew we weren't crazy. I love that all black look.

Now that begs the question, since you got THAT game to load, does it mean I finally get the video clips of Jim Hughson going, "He's got a breakaway, he's in the clear, heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee dumps the puck in" "Schlooooooop shoooooots" "Rangers Rangers" and "Quick shot on goal by Rouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse"?

-Tim

I'm liking the top two jersey's . :thumbup:

I totally agree. I have this old jersey in white, I like the blue and green color scheme. Now I might have to go out and buy one them again. Especially the blue one. :clap:

Yes, the Vancouver socks were all black at one point. I remember watching games in '96. For some reason it made Pavel Bure look faster, and I don't know why.

God I knew we weren't crazy. I love that all black look.

Now that begs the question, since you got THAT game to load, does it mean I finally get the video clips of Jim Hughson going, "He's got a breakaway, he's in the clear, heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee dumps the puck in" "Schlooooooop shoooooots" "Rangers Rangers" and "Quick shot on goal by Rouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse"?

-Tim

I said I got it to run, but not great. It'll keep locking up randomly and when I can get it to play the sound gets all messed up, like it'll stutter and skip. I'm sooooo close though, I can feel it.

IPB Image

Arrr, that is like the 'ersion I have on phone. My times and quality have changed. You tend t' forget until you look back.

IPB Image

You've got me all nostalgic. I spent a large part of my Junior High School years playing that game.

As far as the jerseys I look forward to the draft when we see some of the REAL ones.

Guest jaytan

For people asking about the Wings jerseys and such; absolutely nothing has been anounced for any team. Everything is just speculation right now. Alot of the jerseys will be seen around draft day.

Well, a few things have been announced, I think (or at least leaked). Nobody's released any of their new designs into the public yet, though.

We know Vancouver will be going with blue and green, and they've been saying they're going to keep the orca (or some version of it) in their package. Also, Washington has let it be known that they're going to be in blue and red next season. I think someone in the Dallas organization has mentioned something somewhere about possibly using black and switching to an "old-school" look. Speaking of the Stars, I think Minnesota has stated that the green jerseys are done (at least for a year) and that they'll be in red at home.

But the Wings aren't changing anything, besides hopefully adding a little Stanley Cup patch next June.