• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest bullocks

NHL.com Norris Trohpy Vote

Rate this topic

Guest bullocks

http://www.nhl.com

Who will win the Norris Trophy as most outstanding defenseman at Thursday's NHL Awards Show?

N. Lidstrom (DET)

41.99%

S. Niedermayer (ANA)

47.69%

C. Pronger (ANA)

10.32%

Lidstrom is losing ;[

NOTE: The poll is at the bottom right :lol:

Edited by bullocks

http://www.nhl.com

Who will win the Norris Trophy as most outstanding defenseman at Thursday's NHL Awards Show?

N. Lidstrom (DET)

41.99%

S. Niedermayer (ANA)

47.69%

C. Pronger (ANA)

10.32%

Lidstrom is losing ;[

Keep in mind, Niedermayer just won the Cup, therefore he is top-of-mind....

Guest bullocks

ye i know...but also remember how many times we skated circles around him in our series.

Guest bullocks

umm ok where do you find the link to vote at, can't find it on the site?

bottom right.

Maybe i'm being a bit of a homer here , but for me Lidstrom should win the Norris this season . Had a great first season as the Captain of the Wings , and was his normal dominant self as the best Defenceman in the NHL. Neidermayer also had a good season but IMO I don't think he was better than Nick.

No worries. The important vote will have Lids taking the trophy once again.

So did Pronger, yet he's sitting at a distant third. That being said, it's not like what happens in the playoffs matters anyway, since the vote is based on the regular season.

Guest DetroitIan

I just voted. As if Nicky boy even needs our votes. lol He's got the Norris locked down. They might as well start calling it the Lidstrom Trophy. Woooooo!

I wouldn't say that, i mean he did win 4 norris trophey's, 3 being consecutive.

Yes, but that isn't the fans, it's the writers and members of the media that are generally more knowledgeable than the average fan.... in my experiences and conversations with other hockey fans, Lidstrom is hardly recognized to be as great as he is.....

My personal (like it really matters) opinion is the two indicators for a fine defensemen is +/- and PIM. A D-man is useless in the box, and if he cannot help prevent the oposition from scoring when he's on the ice .... seems simple to me. Nick clearly out performed the rest of the field.

Edited by hockey&beer

ye i know...but also remember how many times we skated circles around him in our series.

...also, remember the official Norris (and other trophy) votes are done after the regular season, NOT after the playoffs. So whomever is Norris Champion was voted for after the season ended. I remember this because when Vladdy was up for Norris in 97 all the writers (who voted) had said he would have hands down won the Norris considering what had happened, he would have been the sentimental favorite, if the vote had happened after the Cup finals. So, with that in mind, it shouldn't matter that the ducks were handed the cup and will have NO influence on the Norris. Except when it comes to fans voting on a survey that was put up AFTER the SCF's...

...also, looking at the stats between the 3 of them, I think Neidermayer will get the Norris, because he had more goals/points than Nick. Nick FAR out does Scott by the +/- though, +40 to +6. Will that get Lidstrom the Norris?

Edited by LeftWinger

Guest homertime

It seems as though NHL.com does not even count the votes. I voted about 20 times and each time the vote total skipped arround. It went higher than lower than back higher (as did Nicky's %). I just think they are doing this to make everyone feel important.

Guest bullocks

...also, remember the official Norris (and other trophy) votes are done after the regular season, NOT after the playoffs. So whomever is Norris Champion was voted for after the season ended. I remember this because when Vladdy was up for Norris in 97 all the writers (who voted) had said he would have hands down won the Norris considering what had happened, he would have been the sentimental favorite, if the vote had happened after the Cup finals. So, with that in mind, it shouldn't matter that the ducks were handed the cup and will have NO influence on the Norris. Except when it comes to fans voting on a survey that was put up AFTER the SCF's...

...also, looking at the stats between the 3 of them, I think Neidermayer will get the Norris, because he had more goals/points than Nick. Nick FAR out does Scott by the +/- though, +40 to +6. Will that get Lidstrom the Norris?

yah i know it's a regular season award.

Yeah, that cuts both ways, though. Nick didn't look too good a few times this postseason, either.

Plus, he's a Swede, and all those Canadian press boys are eatin up the Canadian boy done good thing with Niedermayer- unfortunately, I think Nick's gonna get screwed again. Based on the regular season, there's no way Niedermayer deserves this award- but he's gonna get it, I bet.

:thumbdown:

Edited by MUDSHARK

Guest bullocks

I keep voting.

Let's get our boy at #1!

i think u can only vote once...or atleast it'll only count it once.

Maybe i'm being a bit of a homer here , but for me Lidstrom should win the Norris this season . Had a great first season as the Captain of the Wings , and was his normal dominant self as the best Defenceman in the NHL. Neidermayer also had a good season but IMO I don't think he was better than Nick.

I don't know, I have a bad feeling about this one. Nick was hands down the best D-man in the regular season. But things are just going Nieds way. Remember Nick won the Cup, Smythe and Norris all in one year...I just have a suspicion the voters don't want to give it to Nick again - even though he clearly deserves it...