• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest bullocks

Oilers eyeing Hartnell

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

That's what most folks here don't get; Hartnell agitates the hell outta the opposition; attracting alot of their attention on getting "even" with him - getting the opposition to take retaliatory pen; allowing our skilled guys to do their thing...Besides he's capable of getting 25 + goals on 1 of the top 2 lines...We won't be able to afford him unless we don't re-sign Bert. There will be a few teams interested, & I'm sure he will get paid more than what he deserves/is worth.

I don't think there's any need to be condescending here. Those against Hartnell are not against him because they "don't get" that he's an agitator. They are against him because they feel him to be an amoral goon, and feel that they do not want the Red Wings polluted by such trash.

Guest bullocks

My apology if my post came across as condescending - sorry boys, & girls :blush:

If Bert gets re-signed - many like myself will be happy 'cause we really need what he brings, but then people dislike Hartnell for what he brings which IMHO isn't all that much different from Bert...What I don't get is the "Double Standard" that is applied to Hartnell; I'm sure folks here would greatly appreciate what he brings if he were to sign with Detroit. :cool:

BTW - Gerard Gallant, Ulf Samuelsson, & Tomas Sandstrom were considered "chippy", or just downright dirty by many in the NHL - and they played for the Red Wings :rolleyes:

I would be one of them, that would appreciate what he brings. Many ppl on here would prefer a fairy like kozlov, might as well keep lang. :clap:

Yes, considerably cheaper, but as to how Bert will play that fall - that's a bit too hard to tell at this point in time.

Your right but thats more time since surgery, remember he was just getting healthy and his age...

Last week I was at a sportsbar in my hometown in Sweden. At the table next to mine a couple of Nashville Predators players were sitting along eating with their girlfriends. One of them were Forsberg and the other one were Scott Hartnell. I thought for myself that maybe I should say something to Hartnell.. like "I really enjoyed when Fisher kicked your ass" :D But I didn´t, later on I met him in the mens room, I looked at him then said "let´s go wings", he then stopped like he was a bit schocked.. looked at me, smiled and said "yeah.. or not!" :)

Later on, I saw him say something to Forsberg and he pointed to the table that me and my friends were sitting at. :D

So end of story, just thought it could be a good story to tell you guys at LGW...

Guest bullocks

Last week I was at a sportsbar in my hometown in Sweden. At the table next to mine a couple of Nashville Predators players were sitting along eating with their girlfriends. One of them were Forsberg and the other one were Scott Hartnell. I thought for myself that maybe I should say something to Hartnell.. like "I really enjoyed when Fisher kicked your ass" :D But I didn´t, later on I met him in the mens room, I looked at him then said "let´s go wings", he then stopped like he was a bit schocked.. looked at me, smiled and said "yeah.. or not!" :)

Later on, I saw him say something to Forsberg and he pointed to the table that me and my friends were sitting at. :D

So end of story, just thought it could be a good story to tell you guys at LGW...

i find it hard to believe that hartnell would be chilling with forsberg in sweden :unsure:

he did play somewhere over there during the lockout. Not Sweden, maybe Finland.

But if he liked that part of europe so much, and made friends with some of the guys from the area like Forsberg. I don't find it much of a stretch at all to think that he would be vacationing there during the summer.

"Mistakenly"?

Yes, mistakenly. Im pretty sure ive seen you refer to the Ducks as a team full of goons...when in reality theres only 1. So its a fair assumption on my part to assume you'll use that word again to describe any guys who play a rough style.