• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
LeftWinger

Norris Results Leaked?

Rate this topic

Guest bullocks

Wiki= anyones opinion. Don't give this a grain of salt.

Odds are against Lidstrom now, I hope he gets it but I don't expect it.

why would the odds be against lidstrom?

What would possess you to think that?

My guess is the reasoning for him saying that is beacause of the Ducks winning the cup, and Neidermayer winning the Consmythe that he now is the "best defensemen". I still hope Lidstrom receives it. He totally deserves it!

As for wikipedia, that site is created by average people, and in some cases wrong. I wouldn't base the results off that, but its nice to know that who ever created that page put Lidstrom! Hopefully there right! :thumbup:

My guess is the reasoning for him saying that is beacause of the Ducks winning the cup, and Neidermayer winning the Consmythe that he now is the "best defensemen". I still hope Lidstrom receives it. He totally deserves it!

As for wikipedia, that site is created by average people, and in some cases wrong. I wouldn't base the results off that, but its nice to know that who ever created that page put Lidstrom! Hopefully there right! :thumbup:

The voting is done before the playoffs start, and is solely based on the regular season. Everything that happened in the last two months holds no bearing on the outcome of that award.

IMO Lidstrom was better this postseason than Niedermayer.

Edited by Never Forget Mac #25

The voting is done before the playoffs start, and is solely based on the regular season. Everything that happened in the last two months holds no bearing on the outcome of that award.

Oh I did not tknow that, and being a obsessed fan, I should of known! In that case, I don't have an awnser for that question, because Lidstrom was most deffinetaly the best in the regular season.

My guess is the reasoning for him saying that is beacause of the Ducks winning the cup, and Neidermayer winning the Consmythe that he now is the "best defensemen".

...but what he doesn't understand then, if that is what he thinks, is that the award voting is done before the playoffs. The results have been in for a while, and whoever wins the Cup has no bearing on whover wins the Norris (or any other.)

...If you click on all the other MAJOR awards, Selke, Hart, Adams, Vezina they don't list anyone for 06-07. Maybe it is just a typo?

...on another note, the Mark Messier Leadership award is new this year, and they List our own Chris Chelios as the first ever winner, congrats Chelios! He is a great leader...

Yup many unis won't let you site it as a reference anymore because just about anybody can change it and it's only mostly acurate

i added lidstrom for '06-'07 a few days ago. its just an educated guess, i don't have any inside info. i'm surprised it hasn't been changed back yet.

edit: oops. this is HomeNugget. i share this computer with my fiance`.

Edited by HUETforLIFE

Yup many unis won't let you site it as a reference anymore because just about anybody can change it and it's only mostly acurate

exactly. Take any wiki entry with a large helping of salt.

And when I first read "uni's," I thought you were saying uniforms. It didn't make a whole lotta sense to me. :P

...and just like that, it's gone...

someone must've come through and cleaned up the entry...

Wikipedia sounds like a constant war between those trying to put forth an agenda or those simply screwing around, and those who want it to be a legit source of info.

Oh well. It'll back up there soon anyway. ;)

Edited by haroldsnepsts

Guest Crymson

IMO Lidstrom was better this postseason than Niedermayer.

No s***. Is 1 PPG not good enough for some people? Why do people so often downplay the accomplishments of our players while utterly fearing the accomplishments of players on other teams? Pssshh.

Cheli wasn't the first Messier Leadership Award winner, and Lidstrom or anyone for that matter, hasn't won this years Norris.

Wiki is what's called open forum. Anyone can add to it.

You are correct that Lidstrom has yet to win this year's Norris.

You are incorrect in saying Chelios is not the first recipient of the season-end Messier award.

Niedermayer sucked without Pronger at the regular season.

Lidström shined without any other Norris caliber assistant.

The Norris will go to Lids for sure.

Unfortunately, you and i are not voters. While what you say is true, I just have a bad feeling it's Nieds year and they will give it to him. Party because they're just tired of giving it to Nick, partly because of the fascination with the Ducks (even before the playoffs). They'll justify it with saying they were voting for the intangibles - what he means to his team, blah blah blah. Anyhow I hope I'm wrong. We all know who the best defenseman was...