• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Mission_hockey#2

Lang

Rate this topic

Not in Detroit I will tell you that much.

I could see him going back to play for the Pittsburg penguins.

Or a .500 ranked team that needs some help, becasue I don't think any decent or better teams really want him, maybe Rangers as stated above to play with Jagr? who knows.

is there a main reason why hes prolly not comin back...??? he not happy or are we clearing room for someone else

Hes lazy and he sucks, DUH!!!!! :P

lol no, he just isn't doing what hes capable of or isn't who he once was, so we are just saying bye to aquire someone else wether it be a center or what not.

Hes lazy and he sucks, DUH!!!!! :P

lol no, he just isn't doing what hes capable of or isn't who he once was, so we are just saying bye to aquire someone else wether it be a center or what not.

well thats harsh lol..... :) but true i guess i always wondered y he wasnt the lang from the caps....

any idea whod take his spot a signing or minor call up????????

Hopefully we use the empty spot to give Hudler more of a role. The extra cash should be used to sign schneids, markov, bertuzzi, and hell, i even want calder back. and Hasek. wow, that was an easy off-season.

Hopefully we use the empty spot to give Hudler more of a role. The extra cash should be used to sign schneids, markov, bertuzzi, and hell, i even want calder back. and Hasek. wow, that was an easy off-season.

i like that pic above me of ovechkin ......maybe lang for alex thats a good deal right ? :rolleyes:<_<

Thank God it'll hopefully be somewhere other than here.

That said, if Holland signs Alexei Yashin instead, I'll warp back in time and make sure the Wings re-sign Lang. If it has to be one or the other, I'd rather have Lang! :P

It sucks, cuz I love Lang on the Wings. However, we are way too deep @ center. With the emergence of Filp & Huds, there just isn't any room. And we need to spend that money on scoring wingers. It's also my gf's favorite Wing, so that sux too. :)

It sucks, cuz I love Lang on the Wings. However, we are way too deep @ center. With the emergence of Filp & Huds, there just isn't any room. And we need to spend that money on scoring wingers.

hate to say it,

but QFT.

i love Lang a whole lot, i just really don't see him coming back here.

if thats true, id like to see him sign with the Rangers.

get a little Red Wings - Rangers Stanley Cup Finals action right there. (shanny! and Langg oh and avery)

Meh, it's either a love/hate thing with me for Lang.

I appreciate the clutch goals he's been able to score the few seasons that he has been with the Wings, but when he isn't doing that, I ask myself, "What planet is this guy on?"

It won't kill me to see him go, but I won't be throwing a temper tantrum if he's back on the Wings either. I don't expect him back though.

I think Lang will end up with the Rangers next season. I wouldn't mind seeing him sign with another team from the Central Division, so that for once the Red Wings will be on the receiving end of his infamous giveaways for eight games each year. I hate to say it, but I don't care where he goes as long as it means he doesn't come back to the Wings. That being said, Good Luck Robert and happy giveaways.

Guest Crymson

Whats ur thoughts on this guy wheres he goin or is he stayin ?...........just curiousabout that and maybe so other offseason predictions for the wings.... :siren:

Let's sign him and trade him for Jagr! Make it happen, Kenny!

Seriously, though: no Lang next season. Guaranteed. Babcock hates him and the fans hate him. He's an irresponsible, non-working sloth with evidently zero self-respect. Off with him.

i know a lot of people will disagree and i'm ok with that but... lang and hudler should both be shown the door. it's already been stated, the FA center market is deep enough to get a better return on our investment. i know hudler is cheap but he still takes up a roster spot for somebody that could do more for the wings.

I'm guessing he's probably going. This past season was a disappointment, and he didn't really redeem himself in the playoffs.

With his departure, it's hard to believe it but the Wings will be an even smaller team next season unless Kenny makes some impressive moves.

I know Lang wasn't a crasher or banger but it's a lot harder to move a 6'2" 215 lb buy off the puck than a 5'9 180 lb guy (Hudler).

i know a lot of people will disagree and i'm ok with that but... lang and hudler should both be shown the door. it's already been stated, the FA center market is deep enough to get a better return on our investment. i know hudler is cheap but he still takes up a roster spot for somebody that could do more for the wings.

Hudler was 6th on the team in goals, despite playing minimal time all season on the fourth line. Holmstrom and Zetterberg were the only players to score more goals per minute than Hudler.

Hudler's first game with 14 or more minutes played was Feb 27th.

From Feb 27th until the end of the regular season, Hudler played 14 or more minutes 12 times in 19 games. In those 12 games, he posted 5-4-9, +9. Adding in the seven games where he played less than 14 minutes, and he was 6-7-13, +9 in 19 games. Adjust those totals to his 76 games played, and you have 24-28-52, +36 for the full season. Certainly not a guarantee, but given his age, price, and what he was capable of doing in limited time, I'd like to see who you are suggesting as a better fit than Hudler.

[/font]

I'm guessing he's probably going. This past season was a disappointment, and he didn't really redeem himself in the playoffs.

With his departure, it's hard to believe it but the Wings will be an even smaller team next season unless Kenny makes some impressive moves.

I know Lang wasn't a crasher or banger but it's a lot harder to move a 6'2" 215 lb buy off the puck than a 5'9 180 lb guy (Datsyuk).

Made a change for ya :)

The point still holds true.

the woodchuck is harder to catch, but Lang is physically harder to move off the puck.

Sorry lads, an barnacle-covered captain just wanted to join in.