• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Mission_hockey#2

Lang

Rate this topic

Anyone even here anything about Holland talking to Lang or his agent? I have heard/read about Holland talking to everyone else but can't remember hearing/reading anything about him and Lang. Same goes for Calder.

It seemed to me that Holland labelled certain guys (Dom, Schneids, Chelli) as priorities and hasn't really mentioned anything about the other guys.

The deal with Lang, despite his size, is is declining hands and speed. The two most important skills for an NHL hockey player are the ability to skate and handle the puck (passing, stickhandling etc.), and Lang's skills in those areas have eroded pretty badly (hence the high # of giveaways). The Wings have plenty of players with better puckhandling and/or skating, so where does that leave Lang? If the Wings *have* to make room to get younger/faster/grittier, as a lot of people are saying, then doesn't it logically follow that the Wings must get rid of the older/slower/softer players? Lang has provided the Wings with some solid, if unexceptional, play, but keeping him around won't improve the Wings any.

Did you know they were going to nickname Lang "Charlie Hustle?"

f*** that. I certainly hope Ken and Mick were just blowing smoke out of there ass or something, because I do not want Lang back next year. I've grown tired of watching him show no effort at all, and he's become fairly useless, aside from his two clutch goals. Ugh.

Guest Crymson

f*** that. I certainly hope Ken and Mick were just blowing smoke out of there ass or something, because I do not want Lang back next year. I've grown tired of watching him show no effort at all, and he's become fairly useless, aside from his two clutch goals. Ugh.

I know that Babcock hates him, and the fans who care certainly don't like him much either. He's a disgrace and probably a cancer in the locker room. If I were a player, I'd hate him for his total lack of effort on the ice.

If he is resigned, it'll be for next to nothing. I doubt that'll happen anyway unless we can find no UFAs of value.. even then it might not happen.

I know that Babcock hates him, and the fans who care certainly don't like him much either. He's a disgrace and probably a cancer in the locker room. If I were a player, I'd hate him for his total lack of effort on the ice.

If he is resigned, it'll be for next to nothing. I doubt that'll happen anyway unless we can find no UFAs of value.. even then it might not happen.

Even if there was a straining lack of good free agents, I still wouldn't re-sign Lang. I just assume put Filppula on the 2nd line. Or move Zetterberg there, and maybe move one of the wingers like Bertuzzi (if he is re-signed) on the top line with Datsyuk.

There are way too many other options I'd consider before even thinking about signing Lang. And even then, I still wouldn't want him back. I said to myself earlier: "He'll finally be gone come this summer". And he better damn well be. His two clutch goals are pretty meaningless at this point anyways. Sure they were good, but did he really do anything else of decent value during the playoffs? Not at all.

I know that Babcock hates him, and the fans who care certainly don't like him much either.

so if people want Lang back, they must not be fans who care?

He's a disgrace and probably a cancer in the locker room.

I've never seen or read anything that even comes close to supporting him being a cancer in the lockerroom.

If I were a player, I'd hate him for his total lack of effort on the ice.

As I said before, it's probably time for Lang to go. He fit better the first couple years here and actually performed, especially in the playoffs when no one else could. His value on this team has diminished.

But don't you think your hatred for him is a wee bit over the top? :blink:

And I can think of at least one player on the Wings who in the past has been a bigger disgrace to the game.

well, he's a good candidate, but I was referring to a current Wing. (well, technically he's a UFA in a couple weeks)

Ooh! You just gave it away right there. :P

Personally I always thought Ulf was worse, because he did cheapshots mulitple times. Our old friend Todd has only done it once, even though his probably the worst magnitude. Still, the numbers outweigh the severity in this case, as least I think anyways.

Ooh! You just gave it away right there. :P

Personally I always thought Ulf was worse, because he did cheapshots mulitple times. Our old friend Todd has only done it once, even though his probably the worst magnitude. Still, the numbers outweigh the severity in this case, as least I think anyways.

Ulfie definitely made a career out of cheapshots. Or should I say ended careers with his cheapshots. Overall he's probably worse as a player.

But in Bert's one incident, he probably did more damage to the game.

While I agree with the severity of Bert's hit over Ulfie, I will never forgive Ulf for taking out Cam!!!!!!! That is still the worst hit I have ever seen. At the time I was a B's fan, due to the fact that I only saw B's games where I was living in Maine!

While I agree with the severity of Bert's hit over Ulfie, I will never forgive Ulf for taking out Cam!!!!!!! That is still the worst hit I have ever seen. At the time I was a B's fan, due to the fact that I only saw B's games where I was living in Maine!

Whenever I hear Ulf's name, I immediately associate him with ending Neely's career.

Samuelsson was one of the prototypes for all the players I hate in the NHL. Guys who "agitate" and cheapshot and hide behind giant pads and linesman and never square up for their actions.

Another good clip of Cam with none other than Claude Lemieux. The turtle didn't make his first appearance against McCarty...

Edited by haroldsnepsts

Thanks for that link I have never heard him talk about Ulf before, in that calm of a manner. Usually it was after a game and he was pissed!!

Edit: after watching that video I realized what the wings need to be totally unstoppable, Cam Neely in his prime. You add that type of guy who can score 360 spin-o-rama goals, stand in front of the net like homer, drop the gloves, and will defend his teammates and the integrity of the game until he dies.

Too bad there really aren't players out there like that anymore!!!

Edited by Opie

Yeah that be a big whatever... Talk to th' hand... OMG IDK STFUA..... :rolleyes:

Edited by OsGOD

Whenever I hear Ulf's name, I immediately associate him with ending Neely's career.

Samuelsson was one of the prototypes for all the players I hate in the NHL. Guys who "agitate" and cheapshot and hide behind giant pads and linesman and never square up for their actions.

Another good clip of Cam with none other than Claude Lemieux. The turtle didn't make his first appearance against McCarty...

So Mr Visor Lemeuix was always a pussie ? Wow , I thought he just turned into one as he got older , but I guess he always was.

Biggest piece of trash that was ever in the NHL.

Hey Guys!!! Eklund here. I am going to point all your speculating to rest with my speculating. Lang will stay with the Wings do to his ability to do something. Just take a look at my rumor chart.

Lang Det: 2% Flo 98%

Pay $20 and you can see how my chart will keep you posted way before your friends. As long as your friends don't read the paper or go on the internet for 2 weeks!

Seriously though, I am not sure why we would keep Lang. A couple of clutch goals? I also think Huds is a bit overrated. Just a bit though. He has talent but he is not the coming....

LMAO :yowza::yowza::clap::lol::clap:

There are fans in here who certainly care about him enough that want him to stay. He's a disgrace and cancer? Show us where he is such a locker room cancer, provide us links, because I'm not buying it.

Look, I'm indifferent towards Lang either staying or going, it won't really affect me one way or another, but you're being way to extreme here I think.

Hell, at the very least, I'd have a few beers with the guy. Lang seems cool and down to earth off the ice. We could share hare some life stories, etc., maybe pull a few pranks if we had a few too many beers. :P

:beerbuddy: