• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Salviaman

What is your favorite Nicklas Lidstrom moment/play?

Rate this topic

You are giving too much credit to Niedermayer--Niedermayer was trying to send a saucer pass down low, not shooting. That it hit Lidstrom's stick and then fluttered past Hasek was an unbelievable fluke-personally, I felt Hasek should have been able to stop it, but it's over and done now.

im not trying to give him to much credit.....believe me, i know it was a lucky shot and if lidstrom didnt put his stick on it, it would have gone wide....

You are giving too much credit to Niedermayer--Niedermayer was trying to send a saucer pass down low, not shooting. That it hit Lidstrom's stick and then fluttered past Hasek was an unbelievable fluke-personally, I felt Hasek should have been able to stop it, but it's over and done now.

there is no way that was a pass, it was a shot

Hasek should've stopped it? are you kidding me? Lidstrom should've had the courage to either

a. lay in front of it and block the shot with his body, which he never does

b. get the hell out of the way

horrible play from Lidstrom

Hasek should've stopped it? are you kidding me? Lidstrom should've had the courage to either

First of all, it wasn't going anywhere NEAR the net until it hit Nick's stick. It was headed towards ANOTHER ANAHEIM PLAYER who was at the bottom of the circle. The process of using your stick to push the puck to a teammate, in hockey, is called a pass.

Secondly, it hit the SHAFT of Lidstrom's stick. Lidstrom didn't intentionally get his stick in the way of the actual pass, he had put his stick there to block the passing lane and was using his body to prevent Niedermayer from moving up. Niedermayer was out of options and had to try something. He saw an open teammate and tried to saucer the puck over Lidstrom's stick, but ended up hitting the shaft. This caused the puck to flutter right into the goal. Hasek, being caught off guard by the slow pace of the fluttering deflection, couldn't stop it before it crossed the goal line.

It was just one of those situations where what 99 times out of 100 would be a harmless play, instead the puck carrier got lucky and it ended up in the back of the net. It could just as easily have gone off Nick out towards center ice,the bounce just went the Ducks' way.

As for it being 'a horrible play by Lidstrom' I don't think so. He had completely stopped Niedermayer's progess, and cut off his passing lanes. It was an excellent play on Nick's part that due to an odd bounce ended up in a goal against.

[

Lidstrom didn't intentionally get his stick in the way of the actual pass, he had put his stick there to block the passing lane and was using his body to prevent Niedermayer from moving up.

I call BULLs***, he leaned and extended his stick over and got his stick in the way of the puck intentionally.

Using his body? to do what? lean over and put his stick in the way of the puck but not his body

when was the last time you say him sprawl out and block a shot with his body????

First of all, it wasn't going anywhere NEAR the net until it hit Nick's stick. It was headed towards ANOTHER ANAHEIM PLAYER who was at the bottom of the circle. The process of using your stick to push the puck to a teammate, in hockey, is called a pass.

Secondly, it hit the SHAFT of Lidstrom's stick. Lidstrom didn't intentionally get his stick in the way of the actual pass,

I don't understand how if he didn't mean to get his stick in the way how did the puck make contact with his stick if it was headed anywhere but towards the net?

The center ice goal is such an obvious choice, and a great one too.

But for me, it's every time he just takes the puck away from a puck carrier coming full speed, with one hand on his stick. He makes it look so incredibly effortless, and I'm just amazed when he does it.

I liked when he finally got his 200th too.

:blink::unsure::huh:

Never blocks shots? Maybe you should watch the replay of Nick blocking Mike Grier's wrap around in game 6 vs San Jose. I can remember a few pucks hitting him in the face while he's in front of the net and getting stitches.

But, I'll s top there because obviously you don't appreciate the fact that the Red Wings have the top defenseman in the world on their team - and one of the best ever. That's pretty sad. Are you sure you are not a jealous Avs fan?

:blink: How is that a horrible play?

It's easy to pick out that one time the puck takes a fluke bounce that leads to a goal, but you're forgetting all the times he makes the same play and saves a goal.

By "having the courage" to lay in front of it, Lidstrom would completely take himself out of the play. He rarely does because when the puck is in the zone he's often within 15 feet of the net. Falling down to block the shot is usually a terrible idea because he'd take himself out of the play and miss his defensive assignment around the net

It's like when people were complaining about his play on the Iginla goal. 99 times out of 100 Nick cuts off or at least disrupts the pass, so it's a little whiny to criticize him for the one time that play doesn't work out and leads to a goal. It's armchair quarterbacking (or armchair defense playing, as the case may be).

He didn't make a bad play, he just got beat. It happens on occasion, even to Lidstrom.

If you can argue with this - I can't help you....

You can tell Lidstrom was gassed on that play too. Watch how he's skating. His legs look like they weigh 200 lbs each, then he heads straight to the bench.

Edited by haroldsnepsts

If you can argue with this - I can't help you....

when I say block shots I mean get down in front of the old slap shot and take one for the team, that's how a d-man blocks shots. Get a clue

when I say block shots I mean get down in front of the old slap shot and take one for the team, that's how a d-man blocks shots. Get a clue

Looks like he kind of got down there on the ice to everyone but you apparently. Hmmm, about to get his 5th Norris but yet Nick is somehow not quite good enough for you....I think you missed all the clues somewhere along the line....

Oh you mean like when one of the wings forwards laid down in front of Pronger who wound up to take a slap shot. Only thing there is that if it were Nick with his "Heartless" defense style of not laying down, when Pronger faked the shot and then skated around the prone wing, and then basically turned it into a small 5 v 4 Nick would have been able to still skate with Pronger and stop the momentum of the play.

But you are right, nobody is playing good D until they automatically lay down in front of any shot.

Think about how fast the game moves, Neidermeyer didn't wind up, if I remember correctly it was a pass, so there was no wind up, if Nick were to lay down he would have just been laying down in front of him just for the sake of laying down. He did what he always does he made the intelligent savvy play.

Arrr, i would like t' change my 'ote... Me would like t' offer up any play whar the puck is not deflectin' off his stick with less than a minute left in a playoff game as my fa'orite lids moment.

Actually that's usually how the forwards block shots. They're the ones out covering the point, where most slappers are taken.

As I said before, a lot of times the D-man shouldn't go down because he's taking himself out of the play right around the net. To fault Lidstrom for not blocking enough shots is hilarious to me. Maybe he should line up all his Norris trophies on the ice so they can block the slapshots instead.

I remember exactly where I was when Nick scored that red line goal against Vancouver in '02. I was at a bar in Wellston, Michigan, and my hubby and I were the only ones in the bar to watch the start of the game. By the time the first period was about halfway over, about 8 trout fishermen came in off the Manistee River and sat down to watch the game with us. Ten people in the bar, I was the only female...and I was the loudest one there. When Nick made that goal all of us stood up and cheered, and I said to my hubby, "That goal is the turnaround of this series." And I was right.