• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MacK_Attack

Chris Gratton traded to Tampa Bay

Rate this topic

That's actually not a bad trade.

Gratton is a decent 3rd/4th line center. He never lived up to his offensive expectations, as he was drafted 3rd overall in 1993, but he still is a decent depth player. His salary demands aren't that high, either.

How do they have any money to aquire anyone?

Mr. Feaster has been alloted more money to spend on the players. Also, he got rid of Sean Burke's salary last season, that was about $1M I believe.

Its not like this move cleared up a TON of space, but I think it was good for both sides. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Florida decided to throw the bank at Giguere. I think they should try living with Auld, he's proven he can do it in Vancouver.

Florida wont go for Giguere, and even if they do, Giguere wont go for Florida.

I'm not sure he's worth a 2nd rounder but he's a reasonably cost-effective player...considering their cap situation, that's probably TB's #1 priority. They'll need lots of bargain deals to fill the 9 forward slots behind their Big 3.

Florida wont go for Giguere, and even if they do, Giguere wont go for Florida.

From the FA market, Florida needs to pick up a solid top-four defenseman (Perhaps one of Numminen, Hannan, Vishnevski, Hamrlik, or Sarich) and two or three top-six wingers (some potential targets might be Smyth, Kozlov, Hartnell, Guerin, Sykora, Nagy, Carter, Tkachuk, York). Auld is a perfectly capable goaltender. They may look to sign a cheaper, younger guy like Aebischer or Sanford to platoon with Auld, or they may go with Anderson or Shantz.

Guest bullocks

From the FA market, Florida needs to pick up a solid top-four defenseman (Perhaps one of Numminen, Hannan, Vishnevski, Hamrlik, or Sarich) and two or three top-six wingers (some potential targets might be Smyth, Kozlov, Hartnell, Guerin, Sykora, Nagy, Carter, Tkachuk, York). Auld is a perfectly capable goaltender. They may look to sign a cheaper, younger guy like Aebischer or Sanford to platoon with Auld, or they may go with Anderson or Shantz.

"The Panthers also hope to revamp their goaltending and will target Anaheim's Jean-Sebastien Giguere if he hits the open market."

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/fla070610.html

Tampa got him for a 2nd rounder this year or next. Florida's option. Tampa's not worried about the cap because Richards or St. Louis will be dealt. I'm thinking the latter...

Tampa is not going to be trading one of the big 3 - at least not this year. And come July 1, both Richards and St Louis will have NTC in effect. Davidson has already told Feaster that the payroll will not be cut and possibly could be increased to the cap ceiling if the right players are available to fill holes on the team. So that helps Tampa's cap situation and the fact that dead cap space from Burke and Andreychuk (around 2 million) is now off the books and Tampa has already parted ways with Fedontenko.

That being said, I hate this move more than I can say. Gratton, again?? Give me a break. Feaster has been making questionable decisions for a couple years now and this one really solidifies my opinion of him that he is dragging Tampa down. Wonder what Lecavalier truly thinks of this move, considering the bad blood between them when Gratton got the boot last time. Fans and players were thrilled to see Gratton hit the road.

And of course now he is back. Yippee. Second line depth for Richards was to be the top priority this off season and giving up a 2nd rounder for Gratton, which could have helped in a package in getting said 2nd line winger, is not a wise move.

AND ITS GRATTON!!! Not amused.

I'm surprised somebody thought Gratton was worth a 2nd round pick. I'm still bitter with the Coyotes trading Briere and a 2nd rounder for Gratton and a 3rd rounder some years back (yes I am a Coyotes fan too).

This is his 7th time being "new" to a team. Sometimes that alone hints to me that he might be unwanted for a reason.

Damn, man. The day that guy's worth a second-round pick... Yikes.

Makes you wonder if we got short changed on the Cheli trade. Damn if Gratton is a second rounder than Erickson had to be worth at least cheli and the entire blackhawks org.

:P:lol:

Makes you wonder if we got short changed on the Cheli trade. Damn if Gratton is a second rounder than Erickson had to be worth at least cheli and the entire blackhawks org.

:P:lol:

Very true. Maybe it was guilt over how he shafted us that made their GM want to take Williams off the Wings roster. :D