• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
ben_usmc

Hating the Preds

Rate this topic

Listen I hate the preds just as much as everyone else on this board, but why would anyone want to see them go. They are exactly what we need, we have the Wings who are the cleanest team in hockey and in the same division the Preds who are arguably the dirtest. Its nice to have a complete oppsite that we hate, its like a the good vs bad, yes if they move things might be the exact same, but who cares. Let them just stay there it really doesn't hurt us in anyway, so I was just curious why everyone seems to want them to move?

Guest DetroitBoy313

I don't see why everybody wants to see them go.I love to hate them.To me it doesn't really matter if they stay or go,as long as the Wings aren't going anywhere.

Listen I hate the preds just as much as everyone else on this board, but why would anyone want to see them go. They are exactly what we need, we have the Wings who are the cleanest team in hockey and in the same division the Preds who are arguably the dirtest. Its nice to have a complete oppsite that we hate, its like a the good vs bad, yes if they move things might be the exact same, but who cares. Let them just stay there it really doesn't hurt us in anyway, so I was just curious why everyone seems to want them to move?

I don't care really one way or the other if they move. I don't hate the Predators (minus Tootoo and their announcers :lol:) and don't take part in the hillbilly/southern stereotypes when they are portrayed on here when he play them, and I don't get all up in arms when they yell the goalies name 3 times then yell "YOU SUCK!" Who cares how they cheer? If they stay in Nashville, great, good for the franchise, good for the city of Nashville. If not, oh well.

There is one thing that really bothers me about the Preds: They have a great team, and extremely cheap tickets compared to the Wings, and they still can't sell out. That really pisses me off. If the Wings had the prices for tickets that the Preds had, I'd be going every game I could. With the way the Wings charge for tickets now, I'd be lucky to make 1 game a season. The Predators fans have no idea how lucky they are with these tickets prices, and yet they don't seem to capitlize on this.

And the fact that the team is great, yet still can't sell out is even more disturbing. I don't like to stereotype, but God damn it. The team is one of the best in the league and they still can't sell out? Why? The team is good, the tickets are cheap, so what's the problem? It really pisses me off seeing things like this. The so called "fans" need to start showing that team some support by going to the games. If they sold out on a consistant basis, and got rid of Jordin Tootoo, I wouldn't have such a problem with them having a team.

well if they do keep playing at the level they are now I'm sure they will have more fans, although thats not good for us, because its bound to comeback to haunt us, thank you for the opnions.

This American in the south would like to keep the Preds right where they are. That's the only way I can see any NHL action live. If you don't like the Preds, fine. Believe me, after the San Jose series, I wanted them to get beat. They have 2 players that I want to see gone, and after that, it's all good.

I know this is a Wings board, and I love the Wings as much as the next person, but please don't wish the Preds to move. That would hurt more of us than you could ever know.

Places that don't support their teams don't deserve to have them and it's as simple as that.

Anyone that says the Preds are properly supported has no clue what they're talking about.

Ok then you should move Phoenix, Boston, New Jersey, Washington, Islanders, Chicago and St. Louis!

All had less attendance than the Preds. The one thing the Preds have over all those teams (besides a playoff berth-NJ Exluded of course) is heart and passion. There are few places better to watch a game than Nashville!

Go Wings

I don't see why everybody wants to see them go.I love to hate them.To me it doesn't really matter if they stay or go,as long as the Wings aren't going anywhere.

I agree. I love to hate them, I want them to stay and get a good rivalry going on with them. I really hope that they dont move

There is one thing that really bothers me about the Preds: They have a great team, and extremely cheap tickets compared to the Wings, and they still can't sell out. That really pisses me off. If the Wings had the prices for tickets that the Preds had, I'd be going every game I could. With the way the Wings charge for tickets now, I'd be lucky to make 1 game a season. The Predators fans have no idea how lucky they are with these tickets prices, and yet they don't seem to capitlize on this.

And the fact that the team is great, yet still can't sell out is even more disturbing. I don't like to stereotype, but God damn it. The team is one of the best in the league and they still can't sell out? Why? The team is good, the tickets are cheap, so what's the problem? It really pisses me off seeing things like this. The so called "fans" need to start showing that team some support by going to the games. If they sold out on a consistant basis, and got rid of Jordin Tootoo, I wouldn't have such a problem with them having a team.

I dont like them because of how dirty they do play, but in correlation with this quote, let us face it Nashville TN does not need a hockey team. I honestly beleive that it doesn't intrest enough people in that area, and even if they do win a cup in the next two or three years do I think they will develop a grand following. I just don't see it happening.

If the Preds move they would still be in our division and one day the Wings could have a rivalry with the team. Plus Hamilton is closer to Detroit so you can drive to away games and the team would be in the same time zone.

Edited by Jwo

i just can't hate the Preds right now.

(as much as Jordin Tootoo is a chump, as much as their fans blow those stupid whistles, as much as they can't sell out their games.)

this is hockey in the south now, they don;'t do that bad at all. they have a decent following, and they are a young franchise at that. i think the Preds need and deserve to stay in Nashville.

I don't hate the Preds ,they're a good team that had a good season . The only thing that annoyed me about them was some of their fan's attitude toward's the Wings , I don't mean the Preds fan's that come on here I'm talking about fan's on some of their boards..............and Tootoo. :P . apart from that nothing . It's good to have some competition in the Central Division. :thumbup:

If the Preds move they would still be in our division and one day the Wings could have a rivalry with the team. Plus Hamilton is closer to Detroit so you can drive to away games and the team would be in the same time zone.

Not necessarily, unless another team is added to the mix...It is about an hour drive from Toronto if I had to guess, and Toronto is what, about a 4-5 hour drive from Detroit and they are in different conferences? Buffalo seems to be the closest city to the two.

Really I couldn't care less

Obviously as a local Detroit fan I have no vested interest in where the Predators are playing. It sucks for the hardcore hockey fans down there, and fans of other teams who use Predators games to catch them visiting. I don't think it will have any effect on division or league setups so I could give a hoot.

I'll start getting excited and caring about teams moving places when the talk involves Detroit moving to the Eastern Conference, and we all know that the chances of that happening in our lifetime are about as good as a government official telling the truth.

Th' preds are like a non entity t' me... I 'ave ne'er felt a strong way fer or against them ever in thar seemingly short lived history. Other than makin' fun o' me hearty when he bought a jersey as it looked jus' like pajamas.

I feel deeply saddened fer th' fans o' th' crew... 'cause even though ticket sales aren't thar as wanted by th' Big wigs... scallywags still care fer th' crew... I guarantee that. 'twill be a shame fer th' fans if they do in fact move out o' nashville.

Unfortuantly, wit' th' new passport restrictions 'n th' now 10+ months t' get a passport, I do nah see meself goin' into canada anytime soon. Unless o' course work wants me t' go t' train th' mexicans 'n then I shall get a passport stat... on th' ship no less!

I dont like them because of how dirty they do play, but in correlation with this quote, let us face it Nashville TN does not need a hockey team.

And Kitchener/Waterloo already has an NHL team.

Winnipeg is a prime example of Canada being no more of a guarantee of attendance than non-traditional markets. You can't sit there and say a small market that is an hour from Toronto, and two from Buffalo, is more deserving of the Preds than Nashville, which has followed the Preds since the beginning, and is four hours from the nearest NHL team (Atlanta) and almost six hours from the nearest division rival (St. Louis).

Also, Hamilton would be even less deserving than Kitchener, as it is just over half an hour from Toronto and an hour from Buffalo.

Its simple the preds are a good team, a really good team. But know one goes to the games. if know one goes to the games then its time to try a new place out. that new place should be in Canada

I don't want them to leave.

The rivalry between the Wings and Preds is just really starting to heat up. I'm looking forward to seeing what is or could happen between the two.

Nashville is a great team. Very skilled players, and probably in a few years will make a long run towards the Cup. I think they should stay.

Its simple the preds are a good team, a really good team. But know one goes to the games. if know one goes to the games then its time to try a new place out. that new place should be in Canada

I think it's absolutely hilarious that the same people who feel it was a travesty Winnipeg, Minnesota, and Hartford lost their teams think that teams like the Preds, Hurricanes, Thrashers, Coyotes, and Panthers should move because of low attendance.

Aye, that is not true... Detroit has already started t' show that fans aren't goin' t' playoff games... pretty soon with the increase in ticket prices they will soon not be goin' t' regular season games eithers... not because they don't like the team, but because they can not afford t' spend all that money for 2-1/2 hours o' entertainment. Detroit is a good team, becuase o' our playoff attendance or lack thar o' should detroit start t' explore other cities?

What Me am sayin' is that low attendance doesn't just simply equate t' lack o' intarst in the team. It is not a 1 t' 1 trade off.