• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
zata40

Lidstrom certainly is top of this generation

Rate this topic

It says in the article that he's on his way to becoming the best ever. He tied Bourque's norris total and looking to tie Harvey and Orr's. His career isn't over, but he might retire being one of the most accomplished d-man ever. I personally feel is tied with Bourque, and Harvey as reiging, second best defenseman ever.

I like this article, and i thought I'd share it.

Nobody does it better: Lidstrom wins Norris

it really makes you thankful that hes our captain.

I agree , It's been awsome seeing one of the best ever Defencemen playing with a Winged Wheel on his chest , We've been lucky that he's alway's played for us . It's gonna take a long time for the Wings to get over / replace him when he finally retire's.

Edited by glasgowcelticwing

Before his career is over, Nick will surely win 2 or more Norris Trophies and at least (let's hope) one more stanley cup with the Wings. In my opinion, he will go down as the best defenseman ever. People will probably piss and moan about him playing in the defensive era of the NHL (compared to when Orr played) and they would be right, but I still think he will finish the best ever.

I hate to be a negative Nancy, but I think Nick retires after his current contract runs out. Unless he is prepared to take a HUGE paycut.

What else does he have to prove? He is the best d-man, he has 3 Cups, a Conn Smythe. Not every player is Chelios. 40 year old virgins are easier to come by than 40 year old defensemen.

Either it's 1 year / 3 million dollar contracts until he retires (3 years max), or he's done after next season.

I hate to be a negative Nancy, but I think Nick retires after his current contract runs out. Unless he is prepared to take a HUGE paycut.

What else does he have to prove? He is the best d-man, he has 3 Cups, a Conn Smythe. Not every player is Chelios. 40 year old virgins are easier to come by than 40 year old defensemen.

Either it's 1 year / 3 million dollar contracts until he retires (3 years max), or he's done after next season.

I believe Lidstrom will play until he's 40. I think he has to start slowing down before he considers retirement. The guy is STILL at the peak of his game. It's not unheard of to retire at the peak of your career, but with Lidstrom, I can't see it happening.

I also don't see Lidstrom retiring but I don't think he is going to take a pay cut either. Face it, this guy is worth every penny to lead our team to another Stanley Cup!

It says in the article that he's on his way to becoming the best ever. He tied Bourque's norris total and looking to tie Harvey and Orr's. His career isn't over, but he might retire being one of the most accomplished d-man ever. I personally feel is tied with Bourque, and Harvey as reiging, second best defenseman ever.

Oh I think he's better than Bourque - and that's no offense to Ray. Nick has the same number of Norris's - maybe more before the end of his career. He has 2 more Cups and a Conn Smythe. And he's still counting.....

On a side note: I'm probably biased on Borque because each and every time I visit the Pepsi Center - latest time was last week - I look up at the rafters and ROLTFLMAO when I see his jersey up there...not that it's his fault - he probably thinks it's ridiculous too....

i think lidstrom is going to go down as the best of all time. i think he has had to play in 2 different eras, pre and post lock-out, and is great offensively and defensively. i know it may sound biased but i truly believe he is the best defenseman in NHL history

[/b]

I agree , It's been awsome seeing one of the best ever Defencemen playing with a Winged Wheel on his chest , We've been lucky that he's alway's played for us . It's gonna take a long time for the Wings to get over / replace him when he finally retire's.

Can you say Kronvall?

:P

i think lidstrom is going to go down as the best of all time. i think he has had to play in 2 different eras, pre and post lock-out, and is great offensively and defensively. i know it may sound biased but i truly believe he is the best defenseman in NHL history

You really cant say that unless you have seen Orr, Harvey, Borque, Park, Coffey, Potvin, and Shore play, too.

Anybody know how many times he's been the runner-up?

For Norris?

3, I think.

Zata40- if you ever get bored of your signature, send it this way. :P

Edited by Earthhuman

Even though Lidstrom is getting old, I think he will play beyond his 40th year.

Lets look at the facts, shall we?

1 Winning a Stanley Cup never gets old. Even after 3 times.

2 Lidstrom is playing some of the best hockey of his career. He hasn't slowed down yet. He hasn't even shown signs of slowing down.

3 For a defensman, he plays very safe hockey. He uses position rather than physicality, therefore he's less likely to get hurt, or suffer a career damaging/ending situation. In fact, I can't even remember the last time Lidstrom was injured, so its safe to say as far as defensman his age go, hes in alot better shape than most. Other defensman his age are beginning to feel those knees grinding and their backs aching from the continued checks they lay out. Lidstrom has very little of that to worry about as a result of his playing style.

4.Hes been upgraded to captain, and although someone doesn't base their retirement decision solely on whether they're captain or not, I think that little fact will keep him around for at least 3 more years.

:huh: They signed him to a five year extension because when healthy he has displayed the ability to be a top defenseman, such as his all-tournament selection during the World Championships ahead of many Norris-contending defensemen

Fixed it.

Zata40- if you ever get bored of your signature, send it this way. :P

haha i love it to much.

For a defenseman, he plays very safe hockey. He uses position rather than physicality, therefore he's less likely to get hurt, or suffer a career damaging/ending situation. In fact, I can't even remember the last time Lidstrom was injured, so its safe to say as far as defenseman his age go, hes in a lot better shape than most.

the only time i can think of when he got injured was last year in December, a puck or a stick hit him in the face and he had to got get stitches. ( the only reason i remember this is because i was at the game) So yeah when lids does get hurt it has nothing to do with how he plays, it's just accident.

You really cant say that unless you have seen Orr, Harvey, Borque, Park, Coffey, Potvin, and Shore play, too.

Orr, Bourque, Harvey, Lidstrom, Shore, Robinson, Chelios, Kelly, Potvin, Coffey are generally accepted as the top ten of all-time, in varying order.

Anybody know how many times he's been the runner-up?

Too many times, I remember when Pronger won it with St.Louis, He totally did not deserve that. Sometimes I feel Nick does not get the respect he deserves.

Too many times, I remember when Pronger won it with St.Louis, He totally did not deserve that. Sometimes I feel Nick does not get the respect he deserves.

5 Norris Trophies isn't enough for respect?

He's regarded as one of the best defensemen, if not the best, in the league today by anybody and everybody, and he doesn't get enough respect?

Good geezum.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan