• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
rick zombo

Flyers acquire, sign Hartnell/Timonen

Rate this topic

What the f*ck???

Considering that this makes Nashville weaker, we didnt need Timmonen, Philly was the worst team last year AND in the Eastern conference combined with the fact that Holland probably wouldnt have had the balls to sign Hartnell, Im not too sad.

I wouldnt be surprised to see Pitkanen traded now. Good deal for Philly. Theyve officially raped Nashville. This is huge for Philly.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Just saw that. Damn Way to be agressive.

So who do the wings target now?>

Guest Crymson

What the f*ck???

Considering that this makes Nashville weaker, we didnt need Timmonen, Philly was the worst team last year AND in the Eastern conference combined with the fact that Holland probably wouldnt have had the balls to sign Hartnell, Im not too sad.

I wouldnt be surprised to see Pitkanen traded now. Good deal for Philly. Theyve officially raped Nashville. This is huge for Philly.

I'd lose quite a bit of respect for Holland if he signed Hartnell. If Hartnell had gone unnoticed by Detroit in the FA season, I imagine it would have been because of smarts, not cowardice, on the part of Holland. Hartnell is a cheap, unscrupulous player who would horridly disrupt the integrity of the team. The guy is great at running goalies and cheapshotting players smaller than he is; he also gets his ass kicked whenever he's forced to fight by somebody who can defend himself, such as Fischer and Shanahan. He is, in essence, Claude Lemieux the second. Do not allow homer goggles to blind you.

As for WHY this trade happened: it's a fair bet that, with the tumultuous situation the Predators organization has found itself in, the higher-ups wouldn't or couldn't spring for the amount of money Timmonen and Hartnell would demand on the market. In return, they've acquired a high draft pick which they can sign for cheap. It's a lopsided trade, yes, but they got something for Hartnell and Timmonen instead of simply losing them on the FA market and getting nothing. This was a smart move by the Preds, considering their present straits.

Edited by Crymson

Just saw that. Damn Way to be agressive.

So who do the wings target now?>

Well now they are going to have to go after Souray really aggressively!!

Or make no changes to the blue line at all (by that I mean bringing back Markov and Schnieder)

We're all on the ball today. 3 topics regarding the same thing. :P

As I said, this is the early stages of the Nashville fire-sale. I can see they are going to tank the season and suck to try and scare the fans off, so they can move. It's all just a matter of time now...

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Rofl look at the salarys/

Hartnell 4.2 mill

TImmo 6.3 mill

Ridiculous

Stupid move by both teams.

ehhh..... nobody got raped. nashville did a smart thing and got a pick for free basically. they werent goin to sign either guy so why not get a little somehting, when in a couple weeks these guys are leaving anyways?

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Ultimately, the Flyers acquired Timonen, Hartnell, Upshall, Parent, and a third for Forsberg. Wow.

Quality managing at its finest eh?

Wow, 6.3 for Timonen is horribly overpriced.

On paper, this looks like a good move, since both Hartnell and Timonen are pretty good players. The sad part is the prices though. Philly really got screwed for overpaying these guys so much. Hartnell was lucky to make 2.5 million initially, and Timonen is worth nothing more then 5 million at the most. Woah.

Ultimately, the Flyers acquired Timonen, Hartnell, Upshall, Parent, and a third for Forsberg. Wow.

haha no kidding, man Nashville just got raped ... Flyers won't be the worst team next year is my bet

Damn! Where's our freind Legionnaire? I think this could be the 1st major move in the "Dismantling Of The Preds!"

I think this could be a tell-tale sign of gearing up for the move Northwards! :crazy:

Edited by Winged Scooter

Damn! Where's our freind Legionnaire? I think this could be the 1st major move in the "Dismantling Of The Preds!"

I think this could be a tell-tale sign of gearing up for the move Northwards! :crazy:

Well, hopefully there's still a decent team to move if/when it happens.

Looks like another central division title for the Red Wings. ;)

Nashville got their 1st round pick back rather than losing both of those players to free agency in 2 weeks anyways...

Ah, the boys in Hamilton have got to be licking their lips over this one. That's two key pieces of the Preds gone, for what? A first round draft pick? At this rate that first round pick will be coming into the league when the Preds have already moved to Hamilton.

All they need to do now is get rid of Arnott, Legwand, Zidlicky, Suter, Weber and a few others, and they basically have no team left. It's time to start selling tickets to the Hamilton Predators.

So if the rumours are true about Forsberg desiring to re-sign with Philly...

Philadelphia Flyers

Peter Forsberg

Scott Hartnell

Kimmo Timonen

Ryan Parent

Scottie Upshall

3rd-Round Pick

Nashville Predators

1st Round Pick (which was theirs to begin with)

:rolleyes: Nashville is sweet.

Edited by WhiteLightning91

Well, hopefully there's still a decent team to move if/when it happens.

Looks like another central division title for the Red Wings. ;)

Sadly I agree. The Preds gave the Wings some competition in the central last season and I think it helped them get ready for the playoff's , hopefully it happen's again next season . but with trade's like this I doubt it.

Let's hope Chicago, St. Louis, or Columbus plays mildly competitive next season, because the way this looks now, the Wings will need a new division rival. Nashville won't be putting up much of a fight.

I don't think the preds are that stupid based on this move alone, honestly they gave up two players they were not going to be able to pay, and if Floppa does return to Philly they were not going to pay him what he wants and will probably get from philly.

Is it the best move no, but they went from getting nothing for those 3 to at least getting a decent pick. And are Hartnell and Timonen going to make philly sc contenders I don't think so.Those are not the guys who will take you from worst to first.

Edit: Spelling and clarity

Edited by Opie

So if the rumours are true about Forsberg desiring to re-sign with Philly...

Philadelphia Flyers

Peter Forsberg

Scott Hartnell

Kimmo Timonen

Ryan Parent

Scottie Upshall

3rd-Round Pick

Nashville Predators

1st Round Pick (which was theirs to begin with)

:rolleyes: Nashville is sweet.

2007-2008 Central Division Standings

Detroit

Columbus

St.Louis

Nashville

Chicago :lol:

I don't think the preds are that stupid based on this move alone, honestly they gave up two players they were not going to be able to pay, and if Floppa does return to Philly they were not going to pay him what he wants and will probably get from philly.

Is it the best move no, but they went from getting nothing for those 3 to at least getting a decent pick. And are Hartnell and Timonen going to make philly sc contenders I don't think so.Those are not the guys who will take you from worst to first.

Edit: Spelling and clarity

Timonen probably would have been re-signed under the old regime. But since the team is moving, I guess they decided to unload him to make the Preds worse so the fans don't come.