• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeyCrazy3033

Rumor: Blue Jackets may buy out Fedorov's contract

Rate this topic

Definitely our offense needs a boost in the playoffs. Although is Fedorov the kind of offensive presence the playoffs require? I suppose if we plan on winning Stanley Cups on the power play he'd be helpful. Truth be told i'd rather have players that can fight their way to the net and create goals without having to have a power play to do it, especially in the playoffs.

Dustin Penner, Ryan Getzlaf, Correy Perry, Travis Moen = big, young, strong, go to the net, fight for garbage goals, win Stanley Cup and not have to do it all on the Power Play. Fedorov is none of these things and the Wings need somebody who is.

Arrr, we sure Lost the stanley cup with our powerplay... if that be goin' we would have ad'anced. E'ery series we war in was dominated by special teams. Like it or not our fate was determined by how well our special teams swabbin' the deck with ye' face off our penalties and took ad'antage o' the other teams penalties. We failed on the later and thus got an early exit. Aye.

Edited by OsGOD

I don't see the appeal. He's older and been less productive than Robert Lang, and we all know how popular that guy is.....

Fedorov since the lockout

GP G A PTS +/-

73 18 24 42 -7

67 12 32 44 -2

Lang since the lockout

GP G A PTS +/-

81 19 33 52 12

72 20 42 62 17

I think he's pretty much done. IF he gets bought out I'd say bring him on for CHEAP. I can't rationalize him making more than say, Hasek who we know would contribute much more than Fedorov.

*spelling*

Now take Lang put him with Columbus and fedorov with wings..who gets more points ?? Sergi

Likesergi but not at 5-6 million...wedon't have the $$ even for1/2 price

NEXT Sergi..was always wing most consistant playoff player and that while covering their top line

Definitely our offense needs a boost in the playoffs. Although is Fedorov the kind of offensive presence the playoffs require? I suppose if we plan on winning Stanley Cups on the power play he'd be helpful. Truth be told i'd rather have players that can fight their way to the net and create goals without having to have a power play to do it, especially in the playoffs.

Dustin Penner, Ryan Getzlaf, Correy Perry, Travis Moen = big, young, strong, go to the net, fight for garbage goals, win Stanley Cup and not have to do it all on the Power Play. Fedorov is none of these things and the Wings need somebody who is.

Young doesn't win Stanley Cups by itself. As for Fedorov, from his rookie year until the time he left the Wings there were no players who scored more in the playoffs than Sergei. None. He also holds the NHL record for most CONSECUTIVE 20-point playoff seasons with four--Even Gretzky, who scored 382 playoff points, only ever managed three in a row. As far as strong...Fedorov is strong. Probably one of the strongest guys in the NHL. Just because he's a Euro and not a power forward dosn't mean he's the size of Hudler.

Young doesn't win Stanley Cups by itself. As for Fedorov, from his rookie year until the time he left the Wings there were no players who scored more in the playoffs than Sergei. None. He also holds the NHL record for most CONSECUTIVE 20-point playoff seasons with four--Even Gretzky, who scored 382 playoff points, only ever managed three in a row. As far as strong...Fedorov is strong. Probably one of the strongest guys in the NHL. Just because he's a Euro and not a power forward dosn't mean he's the size of Hudler.

:siren::clap:

If we could sign him for 2 Mill then Kenny should do it.

Fedorov is not gonna come back here. The fans boo him every time he comes to play here. Why would he come back after getting that kind of response from the fans??

Now take Lang put him with Columbus and fedorov with wings..who gets more points ?? Sergi

Likesergi but not at 5-6 million...wedon't have the $$ even for1/2 price

NEXT Sergi..was always wing most consistant playoff player and that while covering their top line

per my previous post

But Lang also scored 74 pts in 63 games with Washington in 03-04 (79 pts total, 5 with the Wings ) when the Caps were tied for 2nd worst in the league . The same year Fedorov had 65 pts in 80 games on the Ducks who finished 17 points higher in the standings that year . So Fedorov on a "better" team was already offensively less productive than Lang.

Yeah they are only stats, and don't really factor in defensive ability (although I think the +/- hints at it) but my point is that Lang seems so unpopular on this board and I think Fedorov would be the new Lang.

Fedorov is not gonna come back here. The fans boo him every time he comes to play here. Why would he come back after getting that kind of response from the fans??

Because he knows it's just tough love from a few thousand season ticket holders. Not to mention there's more fans around here that still admire and appreciate #91 and always will. Don't believe me? take a poll.

And he has a house in and still a soft spot for Michigan... if given the chance he would come back in a heart beat.

if sergei came back even more of his #91 would be once again dominate the Joe... there is still a ton of his jersey on fans at the games.... the Naysayers are just LOUDER is all.... Booing overshadows cheers in tones...

Edited by OsGOD

Guest REDWINGS4LYFE

come back good ol'd sergai we still love you! i wanna bring your jersey out of retirement!

Buying out Fedorov would be a dumb move for the Jackets. If they want to shed an overpriced vet, then dump Foote. Fedorov brings a lot more to the team that Foote does. I have no idea why Foote is wearing the C instead of Fedorov. It's obvious who means more to this team.

Buying out Fedorov would be a dumb move for the Jackets. If they want to shed an overpriced vet, then dump Foote. Fedorov brings a lot more to the team that Foote does. I have no idea why Foote is wearing the C instead of Fedorov. It's obvious who means more to this team.

Foote was in town first and given the C almost right away; Luke Richardson was the captain, but gave it up to Foote a few months after Foote was signed.

yea i dont think they will...i was just hopin they will, but it doesnt appear to be so they made him assistant cpt

He had the "A" long before this rumor was started.. however giving the length of time left before the season I would have to say it looks like a no