• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Wingfan191

Official new NHL jersey thread

Rate this topic

What is so different about the Canes jersey? Am I missing something?

The horizontal white stripping at the shoulders and the NHL at the V neck.

Does anyone else think that the Blue Jackets logo looks like a modified version of the puerto rico flag?

Edited by Jwo

So much for all the new jersey hoopla at the draft...

I really liked the new Caps jersey, especially in white. I may get pelted for this, but I would love to see the Wings update a bit. Nothing crazy, just a little tweak.

The Canes need to lose those stupid cubes along the bottom... hideous. I also hope the Canucks go with the blue/green jersey... again, I like the new looks.

Those "cubes" are hurricane warning flags. They're a little bit harder on the eyes than just a simple stripe, but I've always dug the subtle reference.

Does anyone else think that the Blue Jackets logo looks like a modified version of the puerto rico flag?

No, it looks like what it's supposed to: The flag of Ohio in the shape of a C.

I just had a flash of a team moving to San Juan. Which would be cool cause that might be a retirement spot for me.

Seriously though it's just Ohio's lame state flag.

Meh to the new Kings jersey

My wife said the same thing ... what a terrible jersey. Unless you know that that is Ohio's flag ... I didn't ... there's nothing about it that says Columbus or Blue Jackets ... when they showed it at first and it was the same logo that they were showing when the draft came back from commercial, I thought it was a commemorative draft jersey!

Guest jaytan

Those are alright, not to too bad, but hey Jaytan, I noticed you post a lot of these speculated new jerseys, may I ask you how you find all of these? I am curious!

I've been keeping a steady watch on this board: http://boards.sportslogos.net/

If there's ever a leak or a reliable rumor, it'll show up there first. :thumbup:

Those "cubes" are hurricane warning flags. They're a little bit harder on the eyes than just a simple stripe, but I've always dug the subtle reference.

No, it looks like what it's supposed to: The flag of Ohio in the shape of a C.

Then their flag reminds me of it.

IPB Image

Edited by Jwo

Then their flag reminds me of it.

IPB Image

That's the Puerto Rican flag in the previous post...

This is the Cuban flag:

IPB Image

This is the Ohio Flag:

IPB Image

Now that we have that settled...

I don't mind the NHL messing with jerseys and logos, so long as its always ultimately the team's choice.

I say keep the Red Wings jersey the same. If you want to mess with it, do it with practice jerseys.

Guest jaytan

This beat's been quiet for a few days, but I just heard that the Sharks changes are likely to be more drastic than most people expected them to be. It looks like they'll be unveiled on July 24th (http://www.sjsharks.com/store/Home.asp), since the team store is going to be closed from the 1st until that date.

As a side note, I noticed that they used burnt orange text for that announcement on the official Sharks website, and that the color is used a bit throughout the page.... Coincidence or clue?

This beat's been quiet for a few days, but I just heard that the Sharks changes are likely to be more drastic than most people expected them to be. It looks like they'll be unveiled on July 24th (http://www.sjsharks.com/store/Home.asp), since the team store is going to be closed from the 1st until that date.

As a side note, I noticed that they used burnt orange text for that announcement on the official Sharks website, and that the color is used a bit throughout the page.... Coincidence or clue?

They've already confirmed burnt orange will be a main color along with teal/black/silver. Ugly ughs if you ask me...why change the logo, too, it's a mistake.

I'm pleasantly surprised with the new jerseys so far. They all look pretty good IMO.

There are always exceptions though, and my exception is the Isles new ones. I'm not digging the numbers on the front.

Jwo - I agree aboot the NHL neck, but I'm torn on the Caps white undersleeve.

Part of me says yeah all red would be cool, the other part says break it up. Maybe some other kind of design on the sleeve.

somebody please tell me that this picture is fake....... it makes me yack

i just send an email to the red wing offices asking when the new jerseys will be availble to buy..... so il post the reply when i get it

Edited by raidedredwing2