141 replies to this topic

#21 glasgowcelticwing

glasgowcelticwing

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 03:25 PM

QUOTE(Williams29fan @ June 19, 2007 - 09:21PM) View Post

Am i the only person who liked the All-Star jerseys? I loved them actually.

I didn't mind them but that's only as a one off . I don't think I would want to see them all the time.
^^Thanks Offsides^^
RIP PHIL O'DONNELL,1972-2007.
RIP TOMMY BURNS, 1956-2008 .
you'll never walk alone.

#22 Bluedevils_13

Bluedevils_13

The Danimal

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,515 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 03:30 PM

I liked the jerseys for the East, actually I liked how the whole package looked, socks, pants, gloves ect... I wasn't a big fan of the West though.

I can't wait till 2k8 comes out.

#23 Flip-check

Flip-check

kicking ass and taking Cups

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 03:36 PM

QUOTE(glasgowcelticwing @ June 19, 2007 - 04:25PM) View Post

I didn't mind them but that's only as a one off . I don't think I would want to see them all the time.

They were pretty lame, to me. There was nothing interesting about their design at all... there really wasn't.

The purple shouldered jersey that Fedorov wore one year in the North America vs. World was good, if I recall, but it's been a while and I don't know if there're any sites that have images of the yearly all star jerseys. But these remain my near-favorites:

IPB Image

I'm not even all that old either, seriously. But I wonder if those geezers like Hank or harold would agree with the old style All Star design. tongue.gif

Edited by Flip-check, 19 June 2007 - 03:37 PM.

No, it's definitely excitement.

#24 glasgowcelticwing

glasgowcelticwing

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 03:49 PM

QUOTE(Flip-check @ June 19, 2007 - 09:36PM) View Post

They were pretty lame, to me. There was nothing interesting about their design at all... there really wasn't.

The purple shouldered jersey that Fedorov wore one year in the North America vs. World was good, if I recall, but it's been a while and I don't know if there're any sites that have images of the yearly all star jerseys. But these remain my near-favorites:

IPB Image

I'm not even all that old either, seriously. But I wonder if those geezers like Hank or harold would agree with the old style All Star design. tongue.gif

I wish that the NHL would go back to jersey's similar to the one that you posted for the All Star game's.
^^Thanks Offsides^^
RIP PHIL O'DONNELL,1972-2007.
RIP TOMMY BURNS, 1956-2008 .
you'll never walk alone.

#25 Hockey13Playa

Hockey13Playa

Here's my card.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,413 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 04:01 PM

I like all the jerseys the way they are and this is good topic. However, I dont have a problem with a change. Some of the potential leaked jerseys look cool, I just think the orginal 6 shouldn't change. They are the roots, and the roots should stay as is. As for others, change is good every now and then.

The Capitals jerseys posted in this thread are God aful ugly, I don't like them what so ever, other potential desgins that were previously discussed, I liked, these however, NO!

As far as those old all-star jerseys, I think those are disgusting. Orange and black don't complement each other at all, and reminds me of Halloween. I like colors that were used in the late 90's.
IPB Image

As for NHL 08, I am so excited to get it. The graphics look amazing, and I read quite a bit on the gameplay , and its getting tweeked so its a more solid game!

Edited by Hockey13Playa, 19 June 2007 - 04:05 PM.

Posted Image

#26 shadow47

shadow47

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 04:31 PM

Nice Jesus fish at the bottom there...what, it's a flag? They aren't too bad but I preferred the fake ones that showed up on here awhile back.
Golman Dominik Hašek povede Eaton HC Pardubice na ligový titul 2009/2010!

#27 Flip-check

Flip-check

kicking ass and taking Cups

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 04:35 PM

QUOTE(Hockey13Playa @ June 19, 2007 - 05:01PM) View Post

As far as those old all-star jerseys, I think those are disgusting. Orange and black don't complement each other at all, and reminds me of Halloween. I like colors that were used in the late 90's.
IPB Image

As for NHL 08, I am so excited to get it. The graphics look amazing, and I read quite a bit on the gameplay , and its getting tweeked so its a more solid game!

I liked those, too. I tried looking around on the net to find old photos... but good stuff.

Some people really hate the purple and the teal, but I dig those two colors.

No, it's definitely excitement.

#28 Hockey13Playa

Hockey13Playa

Here's my card.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,413 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 04:40 PM

QUOTE(Flip-check @ June 19, 2007 - 05:35PM) View Post

I liked those, too. I tried looking around on the net to find old photos... but good stuff.

Some people really hate the purple and the teal, but I dig those two colors.

Yeah some people really can't stand those colors, I think there different, and unique. I like them!

I also like these jerseys, this is when it was North America vs. World. I hated that concept, I like East vs West, but I did like these jerseys.

IPB Image

Posted Image

#29 Zion

Zion

Hall-of-Famer

• Bronze Booster
  • 2,933 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 04:47 PM

Ugh, those are HORRIBLE all-star jerseys!!!

I'll take this year's any day of the week!!!

Anyone have the Rbk jersey? Is it the same as the platinum performance practice jersey?
Hockeytown - No Limits

#30 Booster313

Booster313

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,607 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 05:12 PM

QUOTE(Wingfan191 @ June 19, 2007 - 02:01PM) View Post

- The new Reebok Edge jersey's WILL BE EXPENSIVE! Going by how much the All Star jersey's were, an authentic lettered jersey will run about 400 bucks, while a replica lettered will run close to 200 bucks. Non lettered jersey's will of course run a bit cheaper respectively.

According to Fanatic U in Garden City the Lettered Replica will be retailing for 10.00 more than the current Wings lettered replica. Which should run in the 140-150 range. Stll more expensive but not leaps and bounds. Some of the teams with multi layered number may be closer to the 200.00 mark.

What kind of color is red? Red is a warning, a declaration, a color that says I'm ready to do what it takes. Red is focused and driven because red doesn't like second place. So what kind of color is red? Their kind.

#31 Rice

Rice

Hank.

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 5,957 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 05:36 PM

Supposedly, these are leaked images of the new Capitals jerseys. They are from a glitch on the official website:

IPB Image
IPB Image

I like them.

I'm pretty sure these aren't real; they are from a Miami Herald blog. Canucks jersey:

IPB Image

In a 2005 study published by the journal Nature, researchers at Durham University in England concluded that, across a range of sports, we found that wearing red is consistently associated with a higher probability of winning. The researchers also suggested that red's effect may subconsciously intimidate opponents in athletic contests, especially when the athletes are equal in skill and strength.

#32 Yzerfan1999

Yzerfan1999

Hall-of-Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 05:50 PM

'bout time we got an official thread for this. Im usually a big fan of new jerseys or old teams changing to tacky sweaters, but truthfully I am pissing my pants with excitement over these new ones. Its just fun to see them all.

P.S. only one i am disapointed about is Boston...I'll be upset if they lose the classic 'B'.
When you lose, say little. When you win, say less.

--Thanks for the Sig. Offsides--

#33 Hockey13Playa

Hockey13Playa

Here's my card.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,413 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 05:51 PM

QUOTE(Yzerfan1999 @ June 19, 2007 - 06:50PM) View Post

'bout time we got an official thread for this. Im usually a big fan of new jerseys or old teams changing to tacky sweaters, but truthfully I am pissing my pants with excitement over these new ones. Its just fun to see them all.

P.S. only one i am disapointed about is Boston...I'll be upset if they lose the classic 'B'.

That is exactly how I am thumbup.gif
I am so excited

Keep all orginal 6 the same though, Boston's logo is fine!

Posted Image

#34 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 05:54 PM

QUOTE(Jwo @ June 19, 2007 - 03:08PM) View Post

I hope the Red Wings jerseys look nothing like the all-star jerseys. Just plain ugly and awful.

Something tells me I'm gonna cry like a little girl who just dropped her lollie in a pile of steaming dog poop when I see these new jerseys sad.gif

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#35 jaytan

jaytan

1st Line All-Star

• Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 07:37 PM

Boston is going to try to look more like they did in the past, so I don't think you'll be too upset with them if you're tradition-minded.

IPB Image
Bruins' new logo - the 'B' is a little different.

Edited by jaytan, 19 June 2007 - 07:43 PM.

Hail Jaytan!

#36 Wingfan191

Wingfan191

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 08:18 PM

QUOTE(jaytan @ June 19, 2007 - 05:37PM) View Post

Boston is going to try to look more like they did in the past, so I don't think you'll be too upset with them if you're tradition-minded.

IPB Image
Bruins' new logo - the 'B' is a little different.

Yeah, here's the old one

IPB Image

And here's the caps new one

IPB Image

#37 BeeRYCE

BeeRYCE

Where are the f'n twinkies?!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 08:30 PM

Those are nice hats, I need a Red Wing one.

#38 detroitdan

detroitdan

Future General Manager

• PipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 09:41 PM

I am so excited for this...I work in a sporting goods store and I haven't seen any of the designs yet so I am bursting at the seams to try and get a look at some of these

#39 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,612 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 09:51 PM

...make fun of me, but I, for one, think the Wings logo would look SWEET on the jersey that the pic of Crosby has...

...yeah, I know, history, tradition, blah, blah, blah! If it's a great design, use it.!

IPB Image

Edited by LeftWinger, 19 June 2007 - 09:57 PM.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#40 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 09:58 PM

QUOTE(ARice89 @ June 19, 2007 - 06:36PM) View Post

I'm pretty sure these aren't real; they are from a Miami Herald blog. Canucks jersey:

IPB Image

oh my goodness.
those are pitiful