• Please log in to reply
141 replies to this topic

#41 Hockey13Playa

Hockey13Playa

Here's my card.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 10:15 PM

With this new design and form fitting jerseys, it seems as to me all the mock up jerseys have the same exact patter layout, as in the post above mine, the Vacouver templete seems the same as Calgarys those QC ones with just different colors, if all the teams have that same type of vertical stripe and same design on the slevees, thats going to suck, its like a carbon copy with just your teams colors and logo.

Posted Image

#42 Bluedevils_13

Bluedevils_13

The Danimal

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,515 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 10:21 PM

Regarding All-star jerseys I always thought it would be a good idea if they modeled the jerseys after the team's who was hosting it that year. Like they could use the teams colors, and than maybe a similar design. I think thats what they might have been going for the year Minnesota hosted it.

#43 Wingfan191

Wingfan191

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 10:47 PM

QUOTE(Hockey13Playa @ June 19, 2007 - 08:15PM) View Post

With this new design and form fitting jerseys, it seems as to me all the mock up jerseys have the same exact patter layout, as in the post above mine, the Vacouver templete seems the same as Calgarys those QC ones with just different colors, if all the teams have that same type of vertical stripe and same design on the slevees, thats going to suck, its like a carbon copy with just your teams colors and logo.

Like I stated in the first post in this thread, this will NOT be the case. Only a few of the teams will be changing to this new template style and not even all of them will follow the same style. The Wings jersey will be just fine, don't worry.

#44 Hockey13Playa

Hockey13Playa

Here's my card.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 11:09 PM

QUOTE(Wingfan191 @ June 19, 2007 - 11:47PM) View Post

Like I stated in the first post in this thread, this will NOT be the case. Only a few of the teams will be changing to this new template style and not even all of them will follow the same style. The Wings jersey will be just fine, don't worry.

Oh I am not worried about the wings jerseys , I know theres will be just fine, but still having a lot of these teams with that slye would be so boring, thats what makes it intresting, have each team having there own desing.

Posted Image

#45 Kp-Wings

Kp-Wings

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,844 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 11:13 PM

Until I see actual pictures of the Wings new jersey, and it still looks the same, I'm going to continue to be a pissy ***** about this. Sorry, but I see no problem with the way the jerseys used to be.

#46 HockeyCrazy3033

HockeyCrazy3033

Hall of Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 17,359 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 11:22 PM

Those Caps jerseys are sweet. Much better than the ones they have now.

QUOTE(Kp-Wings @ June 20, 2007 - 12:13AM) View Post
I'm going to continue to be a pissy ***** about this.

laugh.gif

"I'm a winner. That's all I do". - Chris Osgood -

#47 shadow47

shadow47

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 11:44 PM

Let's face it...the Wings jerseys are going to be slightly different. The jerseys' panel composition is so different that there will be extremely minor tweaks, minor enough to be considered "the same" but changes nonetheless. For instance, all teams' jerseys MUST have the NHL shield on the front base of the collar, so that is going to make the collar look different, and the new jerseys I have seen, a lot of them have that "square piece" at the sharp part (see Caps jerseys) of the collar, so it may even have that, but at the very least the collars are going to look different with the shield. Another change that I have heard is the seams are going to be red which will give the jersey a pin-striped look in the underarm area...this was from someone here on the board but it seemed logical and again a minor enough change that will make the jersey look different without really altering anything... sleeping.gif

Edit: Both Caps/Bruins logos are great...both very retro and nice. Here's hoping others trend in this direction and not in that of the Flames *puke*

Edited by shadow47, 19 June 2007 - 11:46 PM.

Golman Dominik Hašek povede Eaton HC Pardubice na ligový titul 2009/2010!

#48 zata40

zata40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,483 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 11:49 PM

QUOTE(jaytan @ June 19, 2007 - 03:48PM) View Post

Caps new design was partially leaked.
IPB Image
IPB Image

wow i like those! does anyone have the link to those?
Posted Image

#49 Hockey13Playa

Hockey13Playa

Here's my card.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 11:55 PM

All this jersey speculation, COME ON FRIDAY, draft day, I am so excited!

Posted Image

#50 SFWarrior60

SFWarrior60

Goaltender

• 17 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 12:24 AM

I do not know anything about the color schemes, but material wise I have some information that might be accurate. This spring season my Jr. C team got jerseys from RBK to try them out and see what we thought. I do not know if these are the jerseys the NHL is going to use next year or not. However, if they are, the jerseys were made very similar to the new practice jerseys the NHL used this year. They are very heavy compared to current jerseys, and yes they are form fitted but they are not nearly as bad as it is made out to be. I had plenty of room to get my pads under it, and it was not skin tight. There were vents under the arms but skating in the spring/summer it is still very hot in them.

Again I am not positive if these jerseys are what the NHL is going to use or not, but marterial wise if these are the new jerseys they are actually pretty nice.

Troy

#51 Motown

Motown

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 02:29 AM

QUOTE(SFWarrior60 @ June 20, 2007 - 01:24AM) View Post

I do not know anything about the color schemes, but material wise I have some information that might be accurate. This spring season my Jr. C team got jerseys from RBK to try them out and see what we thought. I do not know if these are the jerseys the NHL is going to use next year or not. However, if they are, the jerseys were made very similar to the new practice jerseys the NHL used this year. They are very heavy compared to current jerseys, and yes they are form fitted but they are not nearly as bad as it is made out to be. I had plenty of room to get my pads under it, and it was not skin tight. There were vents under the arms but skating in the spring/summer it is still very hot in them.

Again I am not positive if these jerseys are what the NHL is going to use or not, but marterial wise if these are the new jerseys they are actually pretty nice.

Troy

if your skating in the spring/summer wouldnt u still be skating in an indoor rink? so there for it would be just as cool as it would be during the winter/fall ! just wondering?

#52 betterREDthandead

betterREDthandead

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,744 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 04:53 AM

Am I the only one who HATES that new Caps jersey? They're AWFUL. I always hated the old-style jersey too, I think the best look they ever had was when they played the Wings in the '98 Finals and had the blue jersey with the black stripe.

This new red jersey SUCKS. I don't even think those white stripes underneath the arms are the same height. If they were to use that shoulder logo as the primary logo and forget they ever had "caPiTaLs" in stupid ugly lettering on the front, I'd dig it.

Posted Image
"Before Detroit games, the meetings are always longer." - Nashville's Paul Kariya

#53 jaytan

jaytan

1st Line All-Star

• Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 08:16 AM

I agree about the Caps jerseys sucking. It would look OK for a team called the Crapitals.
Hail Jaytan!

#54 Zion

Zion

Hall-of-Famer

• Bronze Booster
  • 2,931 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 08:31 AM

Yes, terrible. The red-white-blue jersey we saw was much better.

Troy, the RBK jerseys are HEAVIER? That's strange... they're supposed to make you 8% faster!
Hockeytown - No Limits

#55 datsyukonethree

datsyukonethree

Damn we're sweet.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 09:08 AM

Some conspiracy theorizing for you...

NHL.com is currently only selling 25 "Draft Day" hats. The teams missing are:

Anaheim
Boston
Ottawa
San Jose
Washington
Pads for legs: $1500.
Glove for hand: $400.
Mask for face: $150.
Having a Slinky for a spine: priceless.

[Has been scolded by moderators for making Marxist comments.]

#56 Chelios57

Chelios57

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 10:16 AM

I for one like the Cap's jersey's a lot, and I cannot wait for draft day.
Atlanta Thrashers: 1999-2011

WINTER CLASSIC 2013

"When you want to measure yourself, you don't measure yourself against, no disrespect to TORONTO or any other team that I can think of right now, you measure yourself against the Detroit Red Wings. They are the best in the league, and whether they won last year's Cup or didn't win last year's Cup, they're the measuring stick." - Bruce Boudreau

#57 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 10:30 AM

QUOTE(Zion @ June 20, 2007 - 09:31AM) View Post
Troy, the RBK jerseys are HEAVIER? That's strange... they're supposed to make you 8% faster!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drag_%28physics%29

That might help.

"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#58 jaytan

jaytan

1st Line All-Star

• Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 10:38 AM

QUOTE(datsyukonethree @ June 20, 2007 - 09:08AM) View Post

Some conspiracy theorizing for you...

NHL.com is currently only selling 25 "Draft Day" hats. The teams missing are:

Anaheim
Boston
Ottawa
San Jose
Washington

They've been removed - but there were a few good finds on the site (you have to mess around with the urls). The new Boston and Washington caps were there (the Boston change is very subtle, the 'B' is a little fancier now) but the rest weren't. Ottawa's was there too, it was just the 3D logo (from their red jerseys) instead of the flat, classy one.

I think Anaheim is just going to switch from the wordmark to the bullet 'D' as their main crest. San Jose is rumored to change their logo to be a full shark, and utilize more of the orange that is currently only used as the color for the stick in the logo.

Vancouver is going to change, but it will be after the draft.

Edited by jaytan, 20 June 2007 - 10:41 AM.

Hail Jaytan!

#59 ahall89nhl

ahall89nhl

Jr. Prospect

• 22 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 05:47 PM

I think the new Caps' jersey looks great!

#60 joshy207

joshy207

Black Ace

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,382 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 06:53 PM

QUOTE(SFWarrior60 @ June 19, 2007 - 11:24PM) View Post

Troy

Not the same as what's coming out next year. I have an RBK jersey too, like you say it's the same or heavier than most practice jerseys, but it's not the new material or fit. Besides, nothing beats a Southfield Warriors jersey! (I coach the 94 team, we skated after you guys on Mondays last year.)

QUOTE(Motown @ June 20, 2007 - 01:29AM) View Post

if your skating in the spring/summer wouldnt u still be skating in an indoor rink? so there for it would be just as cool as it would be during the winter/fall ! just wondering?

Even an indoor rink can get pretty warm in the spring/summer... the ice stays cold but the air is affected by outside temperatures.