• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockey13Playa

Paul Karyia

Rate this topic

Now I know this is just a rumor, and doesn't mean anything unless it happens, but heres a link,

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/nas070619.html

It doesn't really say a whole lot but what I got out of this reading is that Karyia wants to play for a team that has a good shot at the cup. With Nashville loosing Hartnelll and Timonen, there shot has greatly dropped in my opinion. Nashville's GM states they wont open the purse strings real wide for Karyia, meaning they aren't going to spend top dollar just to keep him in a pred's sweater. So Karyia could be just another memory in Nashville. If this infact happens, Nashville will be going downhill very very fast, with loosing Timonen, Hartnell, Karyia, and most likely Forseberg, who supposedly reported that he will only play for Philadelphia or Colorado.

Now Nashville could sign some free agents, and keep there team strong, however those three players were a key piece to Nashville's success. And the reports on them moving cities, makes me think that they aren't really trying as hard to have a top quality team, To back this statement up heres a quote

With a number of questions yet to be answered surrounding the Predators future, it may affect the team's ability to make trades and sign free agents, reports the Nashville City Paper

Which can be seen here, http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/nas070618.html

So what does everyone else feel? Will Karyia be back, or is Nashville taking a turn for the worse?

Nashville's going in the tank. They're going to be like the Cleveland Indians in Major League....suck bad enough that no one comes, so they can move the team.

Just don't move to Hamilton. Go somewhere West so they don't jump us in the pecking order to move to the Eastern Conference.....

Just so long as Kariya doesn't come here, I'm happy....

-Tim

Since the sale of the Preds won't go through until after June 30th the current owner will be on the hook for next seasons payroll. The minimum will be around $33. That is what they are shooting for. I'm sure Mr. Balli has no problem with that either. It will ensure that the attendance won't rise above 14,000 average. The Preds are as good as gone.

Speaking of Mr. Karyia, he won't be back. Personally, I'd think he be a good fit here. He has a great shot that would compliment playing with either of the Eurotwins.

He is small, but he is also very quick. He is a gamebreaker.

I don't think he will end up here. Watch out in Pittsburgh.

Just don't move to Hamilton. Go somewhere West so they don't jump us in the pecking order to move to the Eastern Conference.....

There is an igloo's chance in hell that when Ballsillie decides to move that team that they are coming west!!

I can not believe Leipold is just going to let the talent walk away. Even if he does sell the team and the owner moves them, you could still keep the players and have it be a decent team.

Edited by Jwo

Guest GordieSid&Ted

I can not believe Leipold is just going to let the talent walk away. Even if he does sell the team and the owner moves them, you could still keep the players and have it be a decent team.

Its really quite simple. He's lost 27 million dollars the past 2 years. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that losing another 15 million would not be appealing. He's sold the team. He wants rid of that money pit. The problem is if the sale does not go thru he's still the owner and has to pay the players. That being the case he isn't going to sign big contracts b/c he may end up being the one paying them and losing more money.

I smell smoke...

*flicker*

You hear that sound? It sounds like a fire... a fire sale! This is all falling into place so fast. With Kariya gone, along with Hartnell and Timonen, that team drops off really fast.

Blackberry's has this mapped out pretty well. Good reference with Major League too, as this is exactly what this is. Make the team horrible and bomb the season, and the fans don't come. Considering hockey is in the fog in Nashville, the fans won't want to go watch a bad team. Their all but gone now.

As for Karyia: He won't come here. I just have the feeling he wouldn't.

On the Chelios issue: Bert and Cheli quickly became BFFs though, so Kariya and the old man could easily kiss and make up. :P

We'd never pick him up, and you're right. I don't even know if we could take his salary anyway--but that's a moot point.

Kariya'll improve anyone he goes to though. I'd love to see him in Pittsburgh to be honest.

Yeah bye bye Nashville, when I posted this topic that was my gut feeling that Nashville is just going down with the ship really really fast. As for Karyia, I think he'll leave as well.

As for Detroit trying to sign him, I think he would fit in well here, but again we need size, and well hes not the awnser. But who knows what will happen. If Pittsburg did sign him, then the instantly become a huge threat, they are on a uprise and will continue to succeed with all there young talent, and some of the grit that they posses. However, I just don't see Karyia playing in the East, I think he will stay in the Western Conference.

Karyia would be a great addition to the Wings. I don't think that lacking size hurt the Wings at all this past year. And as long as we can maintain some nastiness on the backend, our guys up front should be ok.

That being said, I think Karyia would ask for too much $$$ to play in Detroit. But I'd love to have him. Outside of the Sakic, he's got the best wrist shot in the league. I've been saying this since Hull left, we need a sniper.

If Pittsburg did sign him, then the instantly become a huge threat, they are on a uprise and will continue to succeed with all there young talent, and some of the grit that they posses. However, I just don't see Karyia playing in the East, I think he will stay in the Western Conference.

I don't see why not. I get what you mean, but at present I don't see anything huge that'd keep him preferring Western conference teams/arenas/cities or anything else.

But I know, can you imagine the Pens with Kariya and Crosby? I'd even want to tune in, and they already have a great enough tv hometown market in Pennsylvania.

If Karyia wants to go to a top contending team, chances are he's going to be taking a pay cut no matter where he decides to go. I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see him return to the Ducks, as I feel he'll be most comfortable taking a pay cut to return there as opposed to anywhere else.

However, I wouldn't consider him completely out of the question for the wings either. Its a longshot, definitely, but we have proven to be a top contending team time and time again, and I have little doubt (as I'm sure he does too) that he would mesh very comfortably with our style of play, and some of our more skilled players. Also, Holland has a knack for pulling miracles.

With that said, I would absolutely love to see him in a wings uniform, and if that happens to end up being the case, we will have already won the cup :)

Karyia would be a great addition to the Wings. I don't think that lacking size hurt the Wings at all this past year. And as long as we can maintain some nastiness on the backend, our guys up front should be ok.

That being said, I think Karyia would ask for too much $$$ to play in Detroit. But I'd love to have him. Outside of the Sakic, he's got the best wrist shot in the league. I've been saying this since Hull left, we need a sniper.

Yeah he would be a good addition, but I still think the Wings need a big power forward, hopefully Bertuzzi will fill that role better this year, if that was the case, then I am all for aiming at Karyia. I could see him wanting to play for the wings, I mean he signed with Colorado... but we all know how that went. :crazy:

As for his wrist shot, yes that thing is DEADLY, I remember him sniping quite a few goals vs the wings with that thing. It sure is wicked.

I don't see why not. I get what you mean, but at present I don't see anything huge that'd keep him preferring Western conference teams/arenas/cities or anything else.

But I know, can you imagine the Pens with Kariya and Crosby? I'd even want to tune in, and they already have a great enough tv hometown market in Pennsylvania.

I don't see why not either, and there isn't really a reason for it, its just one of those things that its hard to see happening. Like saying it would be weird if the Wings didn't resign Matlby, it'd be weird seeing him else where. Same with Karyia, playing on the Ducks, Avalanche, and then the Predators. Its just hard to see him leave the west where he is popular.

But on that being said, oh my gosh, yes. Kariya, Crosby, Malkin, Staal, jeez watch outtt!!

Since the sale of the Preds won't go through until after June 30th the current owner will be on the hook for next seasons payroll. The minimum will be around $33. That is what they are shooting for. I'm sure Mr. Balli has no problem with that either. It will ensure that the attendance won't rise above 14,000 average. The Preds are as good as gone.

Speaking of Mr. Karyia, he won't be back. Personally, I'd think he be a good fit here. He has a great shot that would compliment playing with either of the Eurotwins.

Ya he and Cheli can be roomies on the road, lol. He's invisible for most of the game, then cherry picks late when the game's already decided and picks up a goal or and assist so it looks like he did something. He's softer than a marshmallow sandwhich in the microwave too. Kariya should retire along with Salami so the sisters can open up a nice quaint shoe shop together just outside San Fransisco.

Ya he and Cheli can be roomies on the road, lol. He's invisible for most of the game, then cherry picks late when the game's already decided and picks up a goal or and assist so it looks like he did something. He's softer than a marshmallow sandwhich in the microwave too. Kariya should retire along with Salami so the sisters can open up a nice quaint shoe shop together just outside San Fransisco.

Well I can tell you are sure fan of those two! I bet you have tons of memorobila from them! :thumbup:

lol :yowza:

Karyia is decent though, I don't understand all your hate on him or Selanne.

Does anyone else remember when Stevens totally destroyed Karyia in the Finals?

Ok, now stop smiling.

Remeber he came back that same game and scored a HUGE goal.

Yeah, I guess you are right. He is soft, and can only cherry pick.

Does anyone else remember when Stevens totally destroyed Karyia in the Finals?

Ok, now stop smiling.

Remeber he came back that same game and scored a HUGE goal.

Yeah, I guess you are right. He is soft, and can only cherry pick.

Basically.

Relive it here, folks.

I have a man crush on Radulov. Could you imagine a second line with him on one wing, Bert on the other, and Flip centering? It's too bad Nashville won't be going into total firesale mode, I'd pick him up in a heartbeat for at least a first rounder no sweat.

I have a man crush on Radulov. Could you imagine a second line with him on one wing, Bert on the other, and Flip centering? It's too bad Nashville won't be going into total firesale mode, I'd pick him up in a heartbeat for at least a first rounder no sweat.

Actually, Nashville is kind of already in 'firesale' mode. But with the Cap minimum, they won't be able to get rid of everyone...

Actually, Nashville is kind of already in 'firesale' mode. But with the Cap minimum, they won't be able to get rid of everyone...

I don't think they'd get rid of him anyways. You've gotta have young stars to sell when they get to Hamilton. He's going to be a really good player. *sigh*

Guest DetroitIan

All I know is, where ever he decides to play, that team will immediately be put on my s*** list. I've hated Kariya since his days with the Mighty Ducks. Then he goes to the avs, and my hatred grew for him even more. Then he goes to the preds, and my hatred hits a crazy level. Not quite a Roy type hatred, but in the ballpark of it. So I will continue to root against this guy every chance I get. Keep on moving from contender to contender Paul, you're still never gonna win the cup.

All I know is, where ever he decides to play, that team will immediately be put on my s*** list. I've hated Kariya since his days with the Mighty Ducks. Then he goes to the avs, and my hatred grew for him even more. Then he goes to the preds, and my hatred hits a crazy level. Not quite a Roy type hatred, but in the ballpark of it. So I will continue to root against this guy every chance I get. Keep on moving from contender to contender Paul, you're still never gonna win the cup.

As much as I agree with you on all of those points, I still have a soft spot for Paul, I watched him from Umaine on and rooted for him secretly. It would be nice to have that skill set on the team though!!

Just in a non-former avalanche / duck player's body!!!

I'll have to go to a Hamilton Preds game sometime next season. :P

Kariyas going to Toronto or Anaheim. Anaheim to play for his team and maybe to play with Teemu again. Toronto because hes stated he wouldnt mind playing for a canadian team. I wouldnt rule out Vancouver either.