• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
mrhockey2k

NHL's All Time Most Hated.

Rate this topic

If you seen my top 5 favorites you'd probably have a better understanding of my picks

oops looks like i forgot a 5th, Brent Gilchrist is the first to pop in my head...so yeah, him.

Edited by Lou_Siffer

1. Claude Lemieux

2. Patrick Roy

3. Chris Pronger

4. Darcy Tucker

5. Bryan McCabe

(Those are my top 5)

As far as all around hated by the general public, it would look something like...

1. Claude Lemieux

2. Ulf Samuelsson

3. Chris Chelios

4. Todd Bertuzzi

5. Bobby Clarke

If you're a Wings fan there is simply no debate: Claude Lemieux and Patrick Roy get ranked #1 and #2 respectively.

While Roy annoyed the hell outta me, I also really enjoyed his mistakes and meltdowns. Like Game 6of the WCF in '02 with that infamous "

" and of course his shelling in Game 7.

And I was in attendance, row 8 behind Roy

He was fun to hate, so for some reason I hate him less...

I forgot about Borque. For some reason he really really bugged me too. It's incredibly lame of the Avs to retire his jersey IMO.

Come on Lou. Where's Mikeal Samulesson on that list? :P

Oh believe me, he was strongly considered! haha. But the hatred for him is still fairly new, i wanted to try and keep it to guys ive hated for longer than a few years.

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one... but why?

I've never liked Messier, he always comes across as an ******* whenever I see him on tv

and Bourque, never really liked him just something about him always bugged me

Oh believe me, he was strongly considered! haha. But the hatred for him is still fairly new, i wanted to try and keep it to guys ive hated for longer than a few years.

Ok. I assume he is at least in your top 20 though, right? :P

Patrick Roy - obvious

Claude Lemieux - also obvious

Eric Lindros - want a little cheese with your whine?

Jeremy Roenick - arrogant jerk

Jaromir Jagr - I just can't stand him for general reasons

And flying right under the radar is Bryan Adams (for what he did to Henrik), Chris Pronger (another obvious one - in fact, he's probably tied with Roenick), Scott Hartnell (good riddance to you!), Jordan Tootoo (you know, I wouldn't cry if you were gone somewhere else either) and the Anaheim Ducks...the whole team...I can't single out one that I hate more than the others (besides Pronger, of course)

1. Claude (How could you defend him?)

2. Hull (Bends the corners cards that he signs, for kids no less. Oh yeah we can't forget he is the greatest player ever, although he has to keep reminding me every time he is on TV.)

3. Pronger (It's not my fault im tall it is a "Law of physics" that I would elbow all of them in the head.)

4. Roneck (Needs to call it a career, and throws fits when the Great One benches him trying to let him recop.)

5. Roy (I like the butterfly style, but s*** we all know why we hate Roy.)

Honorable meantion Tootoo, (I am sure in a season or two he will make my top five, easily.)

Edited by Gordie Howe hat trick

Guest GordieSid&Ted

:blink:

If it ain't got Bryan Marchment on it the list is already disqualified.

1. Marchment

2. Domi

3. Samuellsson

4. Dale Hunter

5. Tikannen

Patrick Roy - obvious

Claude Lemieux - also obvious

Eric Lindros - want a little cheese with your whine?

Jeremy Roenick - arrogant jerk

Jaromir Jagr - I just can't stand him for general reasons

And flying right under the radar is Bryan Adams (for what he did to Henrik), Chris Pronger (another obvious one - in fact, he's probably tied with Roenick), Scott Hartnell (good riddance to you!), Jordan Tootoo (you know, I wouldn't cry if you were gone somewhere else either) and the Anaheim Ducks...the whole team...I can't single out one that I hate more than the others (besides Pronger, of course)

For the record, the player you are thinking of is Bryan Allen, who was a defenseman on Vancouver at the time when he did that to Zetterberg. Bryan Adams was a minor league forward who played a 11 career games with Atlanta between 1999-2000 and 2000-2001.

If it ain't got Bryan Marchment on it the list is already disqualified.

1. Marchment

2. Domi

3. Samuellsson

4. Dale Hunter

5. Tikannen

Esa Tikannen?

I always liked him. He was a dirty player, but I thought he did play with a lot of grit, compared to a lot of European players at the time.

...what is the reason thee guys are villians? cause they're good? No. cause they are cheapshot artists? Maybe. How about they are cheapshot artists, good at what they do, but turtle and run when it comes time to face the music? Right-O! With that in mind, here's my list:

1. Chris Chelios (pre-wings)

2. Garth Butcher (I cannot beleive nobody mentioned him yet)

3. Claude Lemeiux

4. Wayne Gretzky (ok, not a cheap shot, but God forbid you even breathe on him!)

5. Chris Pronger (pre-wings, LOL!)

...what is the reason thee guys are villians? cause they're good? No. cause they are cheapshot artists? Maybe. How about they are cheapshot artists, good at what they do, but turtle and run when it comes time to face the music? Right-O! With that in mind, here's my list:

1. Chris Chelios (pre-wings)

2. Garth Butcher (I cannot beleive nobody mentioned him yet)

3. Claude Lemeiux

4. Wayne Gretzky (ok, not a cheap shot, but God forbid you even breathe on him!)

5. Chris Pronger (pre-wings, LOL!)

what about dale hunter

what about dale hunter

...I didn't see Dale enough to hate him. Sure I was a fan while he played, but the wings didn't play Washington too many times throughout the season for me to form a hatred for him. Now, you guys in the Wales Conference, I can see...

Yep, i remember that. It was back in the season of '69 wasnt it?

Yep, i remember that. It was back in the season of '69 wasnt it?

:lol:

Like I mentioned, there actually was an NHL player by the name of Bryan Adams. Only a minor leaguer though, as he only played 11 career NHL games.