• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Chelios57

Holland: "Lang won't be back"

Rate this topic

Now that Lang is history, he can eat all the double cheeseburgers and pizza he wants. However, a very important question has now arisen...will LGW ever find consensus on which Wing is "lazy and sucksâ„¢"?

The drama! :ph34r:

Sad.....but necessary...... :(

I know he is going to light it up with another team......:sly: it will be great to watch.....

i hope this doesnt mean Calder WILL be asked back... :scared:

Getting Calder back wouldn't be that bad, I think he was just hurt in the playoffs..... Not that I'd care either way......

Edited by T-Ruff

Pretty sure that Holland said when we got bounced that they weren't going to ask Calder to come back. He said that it definitely wasn't injuries that hampered his effectiveness. I don't know that I totally buy that because he looked SO good when we first got him, but I'm pretty sure Calder's gone.

I'd take him back in a second if it was at a big paycut from the $3 million or so he was making.

-Tim

NOOO BOBBY! :(

How can some of you not want Calder back? Was it his hustle, great work along the boards, and grit that rubbed you the wrong way? COME ON! Calder was a freaking steal at the deadline. From the time we got him till the end of the season he was easily one of the Wings best players. He's a heck of a player when on the right team. I really hope Kenny offers him a contract. I don't think it'll happen based off of what I've heard, but I can still hope eh?

Thank God. Not a total surprise anyways, though I did get a little scare after the season in review thing on FSN thought he would be back. Great that he's not, and it's good to get conformation from Kenny himself.

Reem: I want Calder back too. I thought he was great here. What happened in the playoffs I don't know, but before that, he was a great pickup. By far better then Williams.

:yowza: YAY! I don't know why I'm so happy! I like this. We're moving forward.

Heroes of Hockeytown in going to be devastated.

P.S. I humbly offer myself as being the official bearer of the "lazy and sucks" title until we can dub another player.

Edited by HenrikRules40

I'm neutral on Lang. I'm certainly not disappointed to see him go, but wouldn't have been all up in arms moaning and crying if he was brought back. You cannot deny though that he was one of the best forwards for the Wings in the 2004-05 and 2005-06 playoff seasons.

Oh well, at least this will start the demise of consistent "Lang is lazy and he sucks" remarks, which will be a good thing.

I'm neutral on Lang. I'm certainly not disappointed to see him go, but wouldn't have been all up in arms moaning and crying if he was brought back. You cannot deny though that he was one of the best forwards for the Wings in the 2004-05 and 2005-06 playoff seasons.

Oh well, at least this will start the demise of consistent "Lang is lazy and he sucks" remarks, which will be a good thing.

*2003-2004*

NOOO BOBBY! :(

How can some of you not want Calder back? Was it his hustle, great work along the boards, and grit that rubbed you the wrong way? COME ON! Calder was a freaking steal at the deadline. From the time we got him till the end of the season he was easily one of the Wings best players. He's a heck of a player when on the right team. I really hope Kenny offers him a contract. I don't think it'll happen based off of what I've heard, but I can still hope eh?

I may be reading people wrong, but there's only 1 person who said they don't want Calder back (other than management). Everyone else suggested they wouldn't mind him for a good price, including myself. I have no problem with him. When he started, he played well. His ice time dried up for whatever the reason may be.

Lang.....not really any surprise. I'm wishy washy on him. I guess the money would be better spent on someone who will give more effort consistently. :huh: