• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
kindlwillbegreat

crazy trade proposal

Rate this topic

im aware that this will never happen and since datsyuk played well this playoff season everyone will call me crazy and stupid lol .........but heres my idea ....... datsyuk to philadelphia for the 2nd overall pick and joni pitkanen (he's rumored to be on the trade block)

pitkanen is making only 2 million, hes 23 yrs old had 43 pts 6'3 213 pds here's some info ....

Assets

Has tremendous size and strength for the blueline position. Oozes offensive potential and displays plenty of grit, toughness and character.

Flaws

Will need to play up to expectations in a tough sports city (Philadelphia), which could be an intimidating factor throughout his career.

Career potential

No. 1 defenseman.

i think he could learn alot from the master lidstrom .................and this trade to me is more about landing kyle turris , i really love this kid and i wish there was a way to land him here i think hes gonna be unbelievable all around player and he can score alot as well , his role model is steve yzerman so i think it would be a dream come true to be here for him and i think he would just be an unbelievable redwing ...............he would be a yr or 2 away from joining the team , this deal would then allow us to get smyth

we'd have turris , a superstar in the making , a yr or 2 away and my roster for this yr would look like ....

trade lilja and samuelsson( not likely to be dealth, unfortunetly lol ) for picks

smyth (5.5) zetterberg ( 2.65) filppula ( 710k) (he did play alot on the 1st line last yr towards the end)

bertuzzi (2.5) forsberg (5) holmstrom (2.250)

franzen (940k) hudler (1) grigorenko (858k)

cleary (660) draper (2.1) maltby (888k)

kopecky (500k)

lidstrom (7.6) markov (2.5)

kronwall (3) pitkanen (2)

lebda (650k) chelios (850k)

quincey (510k)

hasek (2)

ozzie (850k)

smyth 5 yrs at 5.5 per

bertuzzi and forsberg at 1 yr deals

markov 1 or 2 yrs at 2.5 per

any thoughts ???????? let the bashing begin ! lol :)

Edited by kindlwillbegreat

I think I just vomited a little bit in my mouth

hahaha forsberg is still good dude , you hate him cause he played with the avs :P you love him here

that would only work on NHL 08

LOL why you dont think philly would do it or you dont think the wings would ??? i know philly is looking to land a drury or gomez so i think they might do it ............pitkanen is a really good young d man , turris i think is gonna be the best player in this draft hes gonna be f'n great , then the free cap space allows us to get smyth

dastyuk

for

smyth

pitkanen

turris

you gotta be creative now with the new nhl and the cap

dastyuk

for

smyth

pitkanen

turris

you gotta be creative now with the new nhl and the cap

There is no chance that Philly would make that trade..no chance!! As for Forsberg..the guy get's hurt once a week and for the direction this team is taking is not what we need!!!

There is no chance that Philly would make that trade..no chance!! As for Forsberg..the guy get's hurt once a week and for the direction this team is taking is not what we need!!!

why do you think they wouldnt do it ?? there looking to land a big name player and its no guarantee they can get drury or gomez .........and they been rumored to wanting to trade pitkanen for a long time now ...........forsberg was healthy last playoffs which is what counts , and he was easily the best player for nashville

why do you think they wouldnt do it ?? there looking to land a big name player and its no guarantee they can get drury or gomez .........and they been rumored to wanting to trade pitkanen for a long time now ...........forsberg was healthy last playoffs which is what counts , and he was easily the best player for nashville

For starters I don't think Philly has the cap room. Even if they did....... :zzz:

For starters I don't think Philly has the cap room. Even if they did....... :zzz:

ya it'll be tight your right but there already talking about sheddin cap somewhere to get a drury or gomez so i think theyd do it for datsyuk .........i think hatcher or rathje might get bought out

It'll never happen. The Flyers are sort of an anti-Russian team anyways. Ed Snider, the owner/chairman is one of these old school guys that still consider them to be "damn Commie bastards".

LOL ah well, im tryin lol :P ....................i guess im the only one who really wants to see kyle turris here real bad lol

LOL ah well, im tryin lol :P ....................i guess im the only one who really wants to see kyle turris here real bad lol

I would love to see Kyle Turris here. But is it a real life possibility? No, it isn't. Unless Zetterberg is involved, but there is no player in the league that can score and be a two way force like Zetterberg. No way would I give him up for an unproven rookie.

I have to wonder why you would include Forsberg on that list also. He makes Kronwall look like an iron man with how much he's injured. You know, in the pre-salary cap days it would possible, but not now. If the Wings re-sign all the needed players (Hasek, Bertuzzi, Schneider), there is very little to work with at all. Even Smyth (who I'd love to have here by the way) is a stretch.

hahaha forsberg is still good dude , you hate him cause he played with the avs :P you love him here

Hope hate him cause he's a dirty diver, the Aves don't really come into play.

:looney: <-- how cute be he? apart from bein' loony he also looks like he is doin' the di'in' penalty call... much like floppa would be doin' :lol:

Guest Crymson

Datsyuk for PITKANEN and a SECOND ROUNDER?!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you, by chance, related to Mike Milbury in some way?

First of all, welcome to LGW.com and second of all, why would we do that, plus why would Philly trade their best young d-man and #2 pick overall for Datsyuk and his new 7 year deal.

If we were planning on trading Datsyuk, we would have one either done it, by now or never would have gave him such a contract. He is a large piece of our future, as well as Pitkanen is for Philly.

I would love to see Kyle Turris here. But is it a real life possibility? No, it isn't. Unless Zetterberg is involved, but there is no player in the league that can score and be a two way force like Zetterberg. No way would I give him up for an unproven rookie.

I have to wonder why you would include Forsberg on that list also. He makes Kronwall look like an iron man with how much he's injured. You know, in the pre-salary cap days it would possible, but not now. If the Wings re-sign all the needed players (Hasek, Bertuzzi, Schneider), there is very little to work with at all. Even Smyth (who I'd love to have here by the way) is a stretch.

forsberg is still one of the best players in the game thats why id take a chance on him , and it wouldnt be a longterm deal and as long as the guy would be ready for the post season thats all that would matter , the guy is unbelievable , i think he would love coming here with all the other swedes he's still only 33 ........i really can't see us losing that series against the ducks if he were in the lineup with us , im sure we would of got some big goals against the ducks ...........losing to them still kills me cause i know 2007 should of been our year, ah well

Datsyuk for PITKANEN and a SECOND ROUNDER?!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you, by chance, related to Mike Milbury in some way?

LOL no .............and you'll see kyle turris will be amazing and in 2-5 yrs youll be like omg that kids so good i wish he was in detroit lol :P ........plus trading datsyuk would give us cap space to get ryan smyth who im sure would come here in a heartbeat

so its basically

datsyuk

for

smyth

pitkanen

turris

i might be the only one but i really like it ..........an extra 800 k and we get ryan smyth and his 30+ goals a season with all his passion and heart for the game and a guy you most definetly know will do whatever it takes to win every post season and a young gritty offensive defensemen to replace schneider who will now be out of our price range thanks tot he timonen signing ........and a guy whos got all the tools and will undoubtedly in my mind be a future star in the nhl

First of all, welcome to LGW.com and second of all, why would we do that, plus why would Philly trade their best young d-man and #2 pick overall for Datsyuk and his new 7 year deal.

If we were planning on trading Datsyuk, we would have one either done it, by now or never would have gave him such a contract. He is a large piece of our future, as well as Pitkanen is for Philly.

well they got timonen so they might trade him now , plus its been rumored for a while now they been wanting to trade pitkanen for some reason ........why wouldnt they want dastyuk for 7 yrs at under 7 million ?? they wanna go for drury or gomez and pay 6-7 but nothing is guaranteed if they go on the free market to get them .............as for us not trading datsyuk i know it wont happen but i would seriously consider it if i was the gm ( save the thank god your not the gm comments lol :P)

with this new cap you gotta thank ahead and be creative and take chances ..........kyle turris would be here till hes like 27 , if we got smyth we could lock him up for 5 yrs and we'd have pitkanen ........i love dastyuk but if it was possible to add those guys and lose him i wouldnt be crying , we'd have those 3 and we'd still have lidstrom,zetterberg, holmstrom all the younger guys coming up like filppula,kronwall,kindl and free agents we can get

Trading Datsyuk or Zetterberg would be like trading Lidstrom, bad idea. Just because some one can bring more skill or the same skill at a cheaper cost doesn't mean it is good for the locker room. Datsyuk will inherit the A from either Zetterberg or Chelios, depending on if Chelios or Lidstrom retires first.

For clarity so I don't get yelled at this post is written correctly if Lids retires the C will go to Zetterberg and then his A goes to Datsyuk.

Trading Datsyuk or Zetterberg would be like trading Lidstrom, bad idea. Just because some one can bring more skill or the same skill at a cheaper cost doesn't mean it is good for the locker room. Datsyuk will inherit the A from either Zetterberg or Chelios, depending on if Chelios or Lidstrom retires first.

For clarity so I don't get yelled at this post is written correctly if Lids retires the C will go to Zetterberg and then his A goes to Datsyuk.

i never mentioned anything about zetterberg , he should retire a redwing , datsyuk as good as he is i would consider doing that trade if it would mean getting up and comer turris, ryan smyth and pitkanen ........if im crazy so be it

heres some info on turris .............

Central Scouting Report: A skilled forward with great playmaking abilityâ€Â¦ has an accurate shot with a quick releaseâ€Â¦ a fluid skater that has a nose for the net and the ability to control the flow of the gameâ€Â¦ not afraid of taking a hit and can perform under pressureâ€Â¦ has good on-ice awareness and a good work ethic.

Hockey Profile: Scored 50 goals in first 39 games of 2006-07â€Â¦ had 13 multi-point games including three games with four goals in 2006-07â€Â¦ was second in the BCHL in scoring during the regular season with 121 points (66-55-121)â€Â¦ had 26 points in 14 playoff games in 2007 (12-14-26)â€Â¦ was named as the BCHL's Most Valuable Player as well as the MVP and the Top Forward of the Burnaby Express in 2007â€Â¦ won the Royal Bank Cup in 2006 (Canada's National Tier 2 Junior Championship) with the Burnaby Express - named the Tournament MVP after posting 13 points (7-6-13) in six games, including a hat trick in the final gameâ€Â¦ member of Team Canada's Under-18 Team in 2006 - had a goal and an assist in helping Canada win gold at the Junior World Cupâ€Â¦ represented Team Canada at the 2007 Under-18 World Championships in Finlandâ€Â¦ played 57 games with the Express last season posting 72 points (36-36-72).

Personal Profile: Nickname is KTâ€Â¦ wears #19 because of his favorite player, former Detroit Red Wing Steve Yzerman and because it was the number his dad wore - his father was a dominant player in the Western Lacrosse League for many years captaining the Vancouver Burrardsâ€Â¦ patterns his game after Steve Yzerman - "he's a great all-around player and a leader that is modest"â€Â¦ credits his parents and Burnaby Express coach Rick Lanz for having the most influence on his career because of their supportâ€Â¦ his pre-game ritual always includes a cold showerâ€Â¦ if he could have dinner with any three people they would be: boxing great Muhammad Ali - "he was much more than a boxer", Neil Armstrong - "to learn what it was like to walk on the moon" and Steve Yzerman - "he's my favorite player"â€Â¦ most memorable game played: the last two games of the 2006 Royal Bank Cup because they had "dramatic finishes and were on the national stage"â€Â¦ most memorable hockey game watched: Team Canada capturing gold at the 2002 Olympics because of the "national pride in Canada"â€Â¦ he admires his parents - "they are the type of people I hope to become - respectful, honest and hard working"â€Â¦ favorites include: "shoot wherever a hole is, no deke" (shootout move), NHL 2007 (video game), Matt Damon (actor), Rachel McAdams (actress), Jack Johnson (musician), Remember the Titans (movie) and Seinfeld (TV show).

Statistics

Season Team League GP G A PTS PIM

2006-07 Burnaby BCHL 53 66 55 121 83