• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest DetroitIan

Andy Sutton

Rate this topic

Guest DetroitIan

In that case I would rather have Vishnevski

And me as well. I would definitely rather see Vishnevski on our blueline, then having injury riddled De Vries.

And me as well. I would definitely rather see Vishnevski on our blueline, then having injury riddled De Vries.

Injury riddled? Are you sure you aren't thinking about Kronwall? Over the past 6 season, his has missed 19 regular season games. How is that injury riddled? The guy is a warrior, with a ton of playoff experience. He'd be a tremendous help to the young dmen. Show them how to hit in the NHL (something Kronwall just can't grasp), how to block shots, and just be more mean.

Injury riddled? Are you sure you aren't thinking about Kronwall? Over the past 6 season, his has missed 19 regular season games. How is that injury riddled? The guy is a warrior, with a ton of playoff experience. He'd be a tremendous help to the young dmen. Show them how to hit in the NHL (something Kronwall just can't grasp), how to block shots, and just be more mean.

Make no mistake Kronwall can hit with the best of them, he just has a hard time getting up from his own checks. :P

I'd love to see us sign Sutton, he is a solid D man and has some more than just that to offer

I was just checking out Andy Sutton's stats on NHL.com and check this out, it's pretty nuts

here is his junior regular season:

GP G A P

1991-1992 Gananoque OHA-B 36 11 9 20

1992-1993 Gananoque OHA-B 38 14 9 23

check out how much he stepped up in playoffs:

1991-1992 Gananoque OHA-B 14 9 21 30

1992-1993 Gananoque OHA-B 12 16 13 29

he basically went from 0.6 (estimate) points a game to 2.2 (estimate), and held it for a 26 game span

Guest DetroitIan

I guess I was thinking more of his days with the avs. I remember him being out like every other month. But I guess he's been more durable since '01. So thats a plus. But Vishnevski would be the more solid addition.

Make no mistake Kronwall can hit with the best of them, he just has a hard time getting up from his own checks. :P

There is a difference between being able throw your weight around, and hitting. I'm not talking about bone crunching hits. I'm talking about steady hits. Hard hits. The hits that grind down the opposing forwards.

And no, Krowwall can't hit. Every now and again he catches someone with their head down. Scott Stevens, Vladdy, Rob Blake, those guys can/could hit. Kronwall dose hit. But he doesn't do it nearly effectively or often enough to be considered any real threat. You think opposing forwards really worry about him? They worry more about getting lit up by Mule than Kronwall.

Guest DetroitIan

I was just kidding around making the point that it seems like everytime he hits some one hard he ends up hurt.

Yeah no doubt about it, Markov is our best hitting defeseman. Hell, he is our best hitter in general. Thats why if we lose Markov, we need to replace that aspect of his game.

I guess I was thinking more of his days with the avs. I remember him being out like every other month. But I guess he's been more durable since '01. So thats a plus. But Vishnevski would be the more solid addition.

Not to argue, but I think your memory is a little foggy. He never missed more than 15 games in a season with the Avs, and as far as the books say, he has never actually missed any significant time due to injury. TSN records even minor injuries that lead to games missed in the regular season. They show nothing missed for DV.

I'd have to pass on Vishnevski, he will get paid too much.

Guest DetroitIan

Not to argue, but I think your memory is a little foggy. He never missed more than 15 games in a season with the Avs, and as far as the books say, he has never actually missed any significant time due to injury. TSN records even minor injuries that lead to games missed in the regular season. They show nothing missed for DV.

I'd have to pass on Vishnevski, he will get paid too much.

Hmm...its possible that Im thinking of another former avs d-man. But the thing is, if we can get Vishnevski for a reasonable price, we should do it. But I will say, price-wise, De Vries could be the best option. Im just still hanging on to hope that Sutton wont actually be asking for 4 mill per year.

Hmm...its possible that Im thinking of another former avs d-man. But the thing is, if we can get Vishnevski for a reasonable price, we should do it. But I will say, price-wise, De Vries could be the best option. Im just still hanging on to hope that Sutton wont actually be asking for 4 mill per year.

I'm not sure if DV is the best option, but I'm certian he fits the bill and would be the most affordable option. He isn't a long-term stay, which would give guys like Lebda, Quincey, Meech & co. more development time (which they DO need), while also proving a great teacher who's seen it all.

Sutton is just going to cost too much. I think you'd see Markov back before Kenny paid for Sutton.

Guest Crymson

I'd love to see us sign Sutton, he is a solid D man and has some more than just that to offer

I was just checking out Andy Sutton's stats on NHL.com and check this out, it's pretty nuts

here is his junior regular season:

GP G A P

1991-1992 Gananoque OHA-B 36 11 9 20

1992-1993 Gananoque OHA-B 38 14 9 23

check out how much he stepped up in playoffs:

1991-1992 Gananoque OHA-B 14 9 21 30

1992-1993 Gananoque OHA-B 12 16 13 29

he basically went from 0.6 (estimate) points a game to 2.2 (estimate), and held it for a 26 game span

Alexandre Daigle set records in the minors. What's your point?

Guest DetroitIan

How do you figure he could step into a top 4 role when he couldn't even make the bottom 2 on Nashville?

Actually if we did get Vishnevski, it wouldnt be for a top 4 defensive role. We would get him as a 5/6/7th d-man. Same applies if we get Sutton.

Actually if we did get Vishnevski, it wouldnt be for a top 4 defensive role. We would get him as a 5/6/7th d-man. Same applies if we get Sutton.

So why pursue him? The Wings don't need a 5/6/7th dman, they have enough of those in Lebda, Cheli, Quincey, Lilja ect... What the Wings need is a top 4 guy.

Alexandre Daigle set records in the minors. What's your point?

did you even read my post, idiot? I just said that I noticed those stats when I was looking at his profile, it's unusual for a player's point total to jump THAT much from regular season to playoffs

get off your high horse buddy

did you even read my post, idiot? I just said that I noticed those stats when I was looking at his profile, it's unusual for a player's point total to jump THAT much from regular season to playoffs

I see the difference, but I'd have to agree with Crymson here, what is your point? He's never done anything close to that in the NHL. Give me a dime for every Junior star who didn't pan out in the NHL....

Guest Crymson

I'm so sorry for provoking insecurities by disagreeing with you.

*violin*

Edited by Crymson

I'm so sorry for provoking insecurities by disagreeing with you.

*violin*

lol, there was nothing to disagree with, I was simply pointing out something that seemed a bit odd, such a big defensive D man that had a couple ridiculous playoff point tallies in comparison to his regular seasons, that's it, and you decided to be a dick about it

I know Kenny's number one priority for defense this offseason, is to sign Schneider. So Im guessing that will probably happen. But who knows if we will end up retaining Markov. So if we don't end up keeping Markov, how about Andy Sutton for a replacememt? They guy throws his body around as well, yet doesnt have major injury problems. And hes very gritty. He usually only finishes with 20 points or so at the end of the year. But scoring really isnt his role. I think he would be a great addition for our defensive core. Cause I don't wanna lose a good hitter in Markov, without getting someone that can bang around as well. What do you guys think?

Looks like Sutton wouldn't be such a bad substitute right now. Holland said that he'll be looking for defensive depth in a months time. Not sure if Sutton would still be available but I think he's fit in nicley with both his skill set and salary.

Looks like Sutton wouldn't be such a bad substitute right now. Holland said that he'll be looking for defensive depth in a months time. Not sure if Sutton would still be available but I think he's fit in nicley with both his skill set and salary.

for the right price, i agree.