• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Doctor G

The Hockey News Mock Draft

Rate this topic

I have gotten into the draft craze this year, for some reason or another. Ever since Bullocks came out with his mock draft, I have been reading a lot about the draft. THN has the Wings selecting this Sweedish kid, I know a lot of you will be upset.

http://www.forecaster.ca/hockeynews/hockey...-nhl-draft-mock

The have a little different view of the draft from TSN & ESPN. So I thought it would make for great reading.

First thing that jumped out at me on that list they have Kane going third to Pheonix, I am pretty sure Kane is the consensus #1.

And then I started reading the blurbs under the picks. The write for the first pick is all about how the Hawks could choose any of the top three. Well yeah they have the first pick they can pick me if they want but thanks for the info. (J/K)

But seriously this mock draft seems to be done differently for the sake of being done differently. It seems like they had most of the teams pick a player for a spot they are pretty solid in and then said "so they can afford to be patient with him".

Good post thanks for the article!!

If the Hawks pick Turris, then the flyers will take Kane. If the hawks pick Kane then the flyers will pick Van Riemsdyk. But I don't see Turris going #1.

Cherepanov at #11? are the guys who made this draft from Colorado?

Preds taking a goalie because they don't have a goalie of the future? Vokoun and Mason are only 30 years old each, and Pekka Rinne will be pushing them for the backup spot.

crazy draft.

we better not take a swede we need to get bigger, akim ALiu all the way!

Dude! The kid is 6'2", 198 lbs, and only 18 to boot.

IMHO, that qualifies as size.

Joakim Andersson

Date of birth: Sunday, February 05, 1989

Place of Birth: Munkedal, Sweden

HT: 6-2 WT: 198

Shoots/Catches: L

NHL Seasons: 0-R

Dude! The kid is 6'2", 198 lbs, and only 18 to boot.

IMHO, that qualifies as size.

Joakim Andersson

Date of birth: Sunday, February 05, 1989

Place of Birth: Munkedal, Sweden

HT: 6-2 WT: 198

Shoots/Catches: L

NHL Seasons: 0-R

I'm hoping that this kid falls into the Wings hands .. he sound's pretty good and seem's to have all the attrabutes that the Wings need .doubt he'll fall all the way to 88th for us to get him though.

First thing that jumped out at me on that list they have Kane going third to Pheonix, I am pretty sure Kane is the consensus #1.

While Kane did end up going first, Turris (who went third to Phoenix) was actually the highest rated player by NHL Central Scouting.

Edited by eva unit zero

I'm hoping that this kid falls into the Wings hands .. he sound's pretty good and seem's to have all the attrabutes that the Wings need .doubt he'll fall all the way to 88th for us to get him though.

He did and I don't freegin believe it... :clap: