• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
WhiteLightning91

Sharks deal Toskala/Bell to Maple Leafs

Rate this topic

Toronto: Toskala/Bell

San Jose: 1st/2nd Rounders in 2007 & 4th Rounder in 2009

I guess this means CuJo will not be seen in the blue and white again...I think the Sharks really got a good deal here. Toskala was not going to happen in SJ and Bell was a huge disappointment there.

Oh boy...

SO EXCITED FOR MORE TRADES!!!

Edited by WhiteLightning91

I like Vesa, hope he does well in TO. San Jose has a habit of trading away good goalies, so we shall see.

And they traded them to a Canadian team the first time too !

Man , If Toskala can become the second coming of Kipprusoff , that'd be crazy.

And they traded them to a Canadian team the first time too !

Man , If Toskala can become the second coming of Kipprusoff , that'd be crazy.

I would love that, for Vesa's sake. He's a great guy and really fun to watch, just like Kipper... he's paid his dues in Nabby's shadow and stepped up for San Jose when he was needed. TO will fall in love wth him, I predict. And I won't be surprised at all to see Toskala become the franchise player in TO. If Dom wasn't coming back, Vesa would have been my #1 choice in Detroit.

Good deal for both teams....Some Leaf fans may be disappointed about giving up their 1st rounder this year, but it could work out. Vesa is a great goaltender.... Wouldn't be surprised if the Leafs are shopping Raycroft, he is better than a back-up which is what he would be behind Toskala..... that would open up to sign Cujo as backup..... Bell was supposed to be top-line material alongside Cheechoo and Thornton but ended up being an oft healthy scratch.... Hopefully he has better luck in Toronto.....

I'm gonna miss Toskala. He was a great guy. I have mixed feeling about this trade. Toskala is also a great goalie. I'm happy to get rid of Bell and this opened up Cap space...so maybe he'll trade the picks and a player for Drury or something, but I dont know. I just hope all goes well.

So the Leafs traded their future to San Jose for another goalie?

Didn't they give a pretty good prospect to Boston last year for Raycroft?

Tuukka Rask is who they gave up. He was a former 1st round pick and is projected to be a No. 1 goalie but the elafs couldn't wait for him to develop. They had to get a starting goalie and that was the Bruins asking price.

So much for JFJ's motto of not trading the future for immediate help...

Edited by WhiteLightning91

San Jose are "heavily" rumoured to be trading Marleau to Montreal.

Its been reported by the Score , TSN , Sportsnet and a couple online rumor sites. They arent done just yet

I really don't think that they are gonna trade marleau. Some of those rumors were from sites (not the ones you mentioned) that always say people are gonna get traded and it never ends up happening, but I remember reading an article after the playoffs stating that Marleau would not be stripped of his captaincy. That makes me think he's gonna stay and there is no reason to trade him for one bad playoff season. He is an awesome player and a great guy and DW would be crazy to trade him.

Edited by SJCheechoo14

The Sharks can choose this year's 1st rounder or the Leafs 1st rounder for 2008. If they choose the latter, it's top 10 protected, meaning if Toronto's '08 1st round pick is in the top ten, the Shark's pick from the Leafs is pushed back to the 1st in '09..... Link

If I was the Sharks, I'd go for the 13th overall this year, I don't think '08 will be higher.....

Edited by T-Ruff