• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
WhiteLightning91

Sharks deal Toskala/Bell to Maple Leafs

Rate this topic

Listening to the FAN 590 right now - rumors are that a Leafs Dman will be moved today/tonight for either draft picks, or scoring help.

McCabe for Ryan Smyth trade and sign....... :unsure::ph34r:

I like this deal if I'm a Leafs fan. I think Toskala and Raycroft will split the games at first, but eventually Toskala will be counted on as the number one guy. Ideally, the Leafs probably want to get rid of Raycroft, but I honestly don't think there will be many teams interested.

If the Leafs make a couple more moves, they could be in for a decent season.

Gotta love this time of year as a hockey fan. Few things excite me as much as hearing about new signings and trades.

McCabe for Ryan Smyth trade and sign....... :unsure::ph34r:

Thats immediately what I thought when I read that. I friggin hope not. The two guys I REALLY wanted Detroit to look at are Hartnell and Smyth, and now with Hartnell being a Flyer, its down to Smyth.

Guest DetroitIan

Finally the Leafs go after a quality netminder. Toskala may be just what they need to squeeze into that 8th seed next season. Raycroft is a solid goaltender and all, but If I had to choose one to get me a win, it would most definitely be Toskala. Plus its sweet that the Sharks don't have two really good tenders anymore.

As for Mark Bell. This guy is so inconsistant its insane. Certain times I'll be thinking, Wow, thats a damn good hockey player. And other times its like, damn Bell sucks. Maybe a change of scenery will help him out.

Listening to the FAN 590 right now - rumors are that a Leafs Dman will be moved today/tonight for either draft picks, or scoring help.

Never happen, who's going to want to take on the contract? Kubina, McCabe, and Kaberle all are over paid. The Laughs are stuck with them.

Chuck Swirsky got off the phone with Toskala (was partying on a boat). He's very happy when he found out he is a Leaf; seems as though Leafs GM Ferguson is gonna wheel, & deal some more; quite possibly McCabe for the rights of Smyth whom the Leafs will attempt to sign before July 1st.

Gotta love all the speculation :cool:

Typical Leafs pipe dreams, uhhhh I mean rumors, it'll never happen. Why would the Islanders want to take on McCabe's contract and why would Smyth want to play in Toronto?

Man, the Leafs need to rebuild. I can't stand them, but they still make me frustrated and sick.

This is all getting me REALLY excited! Sometimes I just love the offseason because of all the excitement with trades and free agency.

Great deal for the Leafs, but DAMN I was hoping Bell would come our way.

Me too. Tonight should be fun with all the possible trading...and nothing especially beats the first few days of free agency! I also really wish Bell wouldve came here, I know there were no rumors or anything to get our hopes up, but seeing him moved twice now and not to here is still just disappointing.

Guest DetroitIan

I also really wish Bell wouldve came here

Say what??? Wow, lets just be thankfull that you're not the Wings GM. That would be a horrible addition. :thumbdown:

:blink::unsure:

Bell was getting better and better for 4 consecutive years before he went to SJ, for whatever reason, it didnt work in SJ. He still did end up with 11 goals, is it impossible to think he can rebound back to his 25 goal form? Guys do occasionally have bad years you know. Bell also brings loads of toughness to a 3rd line.

Say what??? Wow, lets just be thankfull that you're not the Wings GM. That would be a horrible addition. :thumbdown:

Yeah who'd want an entertaining, tough team anyway.

Bell was getting better and better for 4 consecutive years before he went to SJ, for whatever reason, it didnt work in SJ. He still did end up with 11 goals, is it impossible to think he can rebound back to his 25 goal form? Guys do occasionally have bad years you know. Bell also brings loads of toughness to a 3rd line.

Bell is one of those guys that seems to be followed by trouble no matter where he goes. And the Wings don't need any more 3rd/4th line guys. They have enough of those as is.

I know , most people would like a flashy small team.

Im with you Lou , Bell would've been a great addtion

Guest DetroitIan

is it impossible to think he can rebound back to his 25 goal form? Guys do occasionally have bad years you know.

Not impossible. But why take the chance on him when we could take a chance on someone that would actually bolster our lineup? Looks to me like Bell's best years may be behind him. He does bring in some toughness. But at what price are we gonna pay for a possible 10-15 goal scorer that brings some toughness to the 3rd line? And thats if he even stays healthy that is. I wouldnt wanna give anything up for that guy. MAYBE if we gave up a 3rd and 4th round pick. But other than that. It would be a horrible move. Too risky.

Edited by DetroitIan

Guest DetroitIan

Seams to me I remember seeing us take on a very "entertaining, tough team, WITH Mark Bell. And tell me again how that ended? Yeah, we beat them down. Don't get me wrong, I am not opposed to adding toughness. Just not in the form of a guy like Bell. No way in hell.

Not impossible. But why take the chance on him when we could take a chance on someone that would actually bolster our lineup? Looks to me like Bell's best years may be behind him. He does bring in some toughness. But at what price are we gonna pay for a possible 10-15 goal scorer that brings some toughness to the 3rd line? And thats if he even stays healthy that is. I wouldnt wanna give anything up for that guy. MAYBE if we gave up a 3rd and 4th round pick. But other than that. It would be a horrible move. Too risky.

If he were on the Wings, it wouldnt be a possible 10-15 goals, i think thats a guaranteed minimum. At what price? It doesnt look like Toronto gave up very much for him, Toskala alone is probably worth the 1st and 2nd rd picks. Bell looks to be a throw in more or less.

Seams to me I remember seeing us take on a very "entertaining, tough team, WITH Mark Bell. And tell me again how that ended? Yeah, we beat them down. Don't get me wrong, I am not opposed to adding toughness. Just not in the form of a guy like Bell. No way in hell.

Wow, this is really starting to get weird. We agree, again.

No way Bell would help the Wings out. He is a cancer. I'd rather sign Yannic Perreualt (sp?).

And they also lost to a entertaining tough team, so whats your point? Sharks lack defense and will never win with Nabokov.

So what form of toughness are you talking about? Can i have an example?

Guest DetroitIan

And they also lost to a entertaining tough team, so whats your point? Sharks lack defense and will never win with Nabokov.

Exactly. So whats YOUR point??? Im not the one that said anything about entertaining tough teams. You did. And you just proved my point for me. We lost to a tough team, and we beat a tough team. So why the hell would we risk bringing in a guy like Bell to put on our 3rd/4th line for some toughness??

So what form of toughness are you talking about? Can i have an example?

People said the same thing about Hull, Yzerman, Ray B, Pronger, ect. It's one of the most ridiculous remarks you can make.

Edited by BringHomeTheCup!