• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
WhiteLightning91

Sharks deal Toskala/Bell to Maple Leafs

Rate this topic

Exactly. So whats YOUR point??? Im not the one that said anything about entertaining tough teams. You did. And you just proved my point for me. We lost to a tough team, and we beat a tough team. So why the hell would we risk bringing in a guy like Bell to put on our 3rd/4th line for some toughness??

You made a comment about how glad you were that i wasnt GM. I was merely stating the type of team (tough/entertaining) i'd put together if i were.

Guest DetroitIan

So what form of toughness are you talking about? Can i have an example?

Absolutely. How about someone that can actually make an NHL teams first 2 lines? Or how about someone that can be gritty without getting themselves put on IR. How about someone that could go to the high power offense like the San Jose Sharks and actually net more than 11 goals?? This guy has proved nothing yet in his career. He played good with the Blackhawks. But If we are gonna add toughness. Lets go ahead and go for someone that actually doesnt look like their best hockey days are behind them. Good enough of an example for ya bro?

People said the same thing about Hull, Yzerman, Ray B, Pronger, ect. It's one of the most ridiculous remarks you can make.

Actually, the remark you just made is pretty ridiculous. We're talking about the most important position in playoff hockey...goaltender. Not a friggin forward who is one of 12. Like Manny Legace showed with us, I think Nabokov is showing that he doesnt have it mentally to ever take a team to the Cup.

Actually, the remark you just made is pretty ridiculous. We're talking about the most important position in playoff hockey...goaltender. Not a friggin forward who is one of 12. Like Manny Legace showed with us, I think Nabokov is showing that he doesnt have it mentally to ever take a team to the Cup.

Oh really? What has Nabby ever done that would allow one to question his mental toughness?

Absolutely. How about someone that can actually make an NHL teams first 2 lines? Or how about someone that can be gritty without getting themselves put on IR. How about someone that could go to the high power offense like the San Jose Sharks and actually net more than 11 goals?? This guy has proved nothing yet in his career. He played good with the Blackhawks. But If we are gonna add toughness. Lets go ahead and go for someone that actually doesnt look like their best hockey days are behind them. Good enough of an example for ya bro?

uhh...im still waiting for one.

The guy you're describing is a Jarome Iginla. Thats not going to happen! We have to look for a guy like Bell and try to mold him into something really good. Like what Anaheim did with Travis Moen.

Oh really? What has Nabby ever done that would allow one to question his mental toughness?

For one he let in some weak goals in key situations against the Wings. Its my opinion of him, i just dont think he has it.

uhh...im still waiting for one.

The guy you're describing is a Jarome Iginla. Thats not going to happen! We have to look for a guy like Bell and try to mold him into something really good. Like what Anaheim did with Travis Moen.

For one he let in some weak goals in key situations against the Wings. Its my opinion of him, i just dont think he has it.

Just like Dom did? So you don't think Dom will ever win a Cup again?

Osgood won a Cup, and I seem to remember him letting in a pretty ugly goal that season.

Nabby is a quality goaltender. Had he had any real defensive help the Sharks would have had a better run.

Just like Dom did? So you don't think Dom will ever win a Cup again?

Osgood won a Cup, and I seem to remember him letting in a pretty ugly goal that season.

Nabby is a quality goaltender. Had he had any real defensive help the Sharks would have had a better run.

So im assuming you believe we shouldve kept Legace?

If you say yes, then although you're wrong i can at least see where you're coming from. If you say no, then you're a hypocrite.

Pick your poison.

What? Bell a cancer? He'd be a bad addition? HAHA okay..

Bell is a very talented, great all around player. (when at the top of his game*) He can score, hit, playmake, and is reliable defensively. He's also got a nasty streak/toughness to him that would only benefit the Wings greatly. (had they acquired him) Any team would be lucky to have the guy. I think those that are ragging on the guy are only doing so because of the off year he had with the Sharks. He did not fit in at all with the team, especially after the incident he had the summer he signed with them. It's going to happen. But that in no way takes away from him being a great player. He's getting a fresh start now and I'm sure he'll thrive on that.

Edited by HockeyCrazy3033

Damn it all! I would have killed to see Bell in a Red Wing uniform. F U Toronto! :P

And for all you Bell haters out there: Please, get your head checked. Bell is awesome. One bad year doesn't warrent someone as a cancer. I love the guy. He's gritty, hits, fights, and scores goals. Too bad Toronto got him instead.

The Leafs also (finally) get a decent goalie for once. Raycroft sucks ass, so I expect Toskala to nab the starting job from him like taking candy from a baby. It's weird seeing JFJ make an actual good trade, but I guess everyone can do it at some point (still waiting on Eklund getting a trade right though :P).

Edited by Kp-Wings

Just for reference:

Bell's average per-game stats coming into 06-07 for G, A, and +/-, projected over 71 games, only yields 15-17-32, -7. That's not far off his actual stat line of 11-10-21, -9. Consider that he also played less than 13 minutes per game, compared to almost 18 the past two seasons in Chicago, and he wasn't as far below his normal level of play as one might expect. He played about 35% more the last two seasons in Chicago; that kind of an increase in production would mean 15-14-29, -12. Over 82 games instead of 71, that works out to 17-16-33, -14. That would be his third-best season in goals, assists, and points; and tied for his worst performance in +/-.

This could mean a couple things. Either Bell isn't as bad as he was made out to be, and his lack of production had to do more with reduced ice time than anything else, OR Bell isn't as GOOD as he was made out to be, and when he was on a team with real NHL forwards, he couldn't hack it on the top two lines.