• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hank Dats 'N Homer

anyone interested in Raycroft?

Rate this topic

It looks as though Raycroft may be trade bait since toronto got vesa.....i know that we have hasek, and alot of talent in the minors....and i know raycroft hasnt been the best goaltender in the league, but hes been on some pretty bad teams, and i kinda like this kid. For some reason he interests me. anyone think the wings are interested or sitting pretty with hasek and ozzie with howard and liv in the future?

I personally don't care for Raycroft, I don't think hes as good as people make him out to be, maybe its just due to the horrible teams he has played for. The wings won't get him, now or never.

I think Toronto should trade hiim, makes perfect sense. Trade him to Florida, Boston, Tampa Bay, etc. A team that needs him. They can pick up a draft pick and maybe a player. That way they will require a draft pick back since they gave up 3 of them for Toskala.

Edited by Hockey13Playa

Guest DetroitIan

Nah. Raycroft is definitely not poised enough to be a goaltender here In Detroit. He's a very solid netminder, but I just don't think it would work for him in D-Town. Plus I would take Hasek over Raycroft if given the choice.

Guest Crymson

It looks as though Raycroft may be trade bait since toronto got vesa.....i know that we have hasek, and alot of talent in the minors....and i know raycroft hasnt been the best goaltender in the league, but hes been on some pretty bad teams, and i kinda like this kid. For some reason he interests me. anyone think the wings are interested or sitting pretty with hasek and ozzie with howard and liv in the future?

He's totally unneeded here.

This isn't the pre-cap era; we don't have the wherewithal to go and get him just because he's a good player.

Any of you think that he's been on some crappy teams because he's a crappy goaltender?

If he's run out of non-playoff-bound Boston and Toronto, what makes anyone think he'd be welcomed in success-addicted Detroit?

What we DO need is a quality minor league backup tender for Jimmy Howard in Grand Rapids for this season because Liv is jumping ship back to Sweden. Raycroft doesn't really fit that description... I'm curious to see who the team signs for that role.

He has played 3 seasons people. He won the Calder in Boston. He was great that year. The next season, not so much. Then this past season in Toronto. Yeah, he was pretty bad. But remember it's Toronto. It's probably the toughest place to play goaltender in the league. There is a ton of pressure on the guy.

I think if he were to get moved, it would be to Tampa Bay, maybe for some picks. It would be a good fit for Tampa. There are also a few other teams looking for a goaltender, Phoenix, L.A., and Florida jump out at me.

I don't think he will get moved however. I think bringing in Toskala is a great move to push Raycroft to play to his potnetial. If anything, I'd think one of the two gets moved closer to the deadline.

i think he may be staying in Toronto. Raycroft and Toskala can probable rotate being starting goalies kind of like what Toskala and Nabokov did in San Jose.

You gotta think that Toskala isn't happy with this move. He has stated in the past that he wants to be a starter. In Toronto, he will have to steal the job from Raycroft.

Gotta feel for the guy. He has yet to get a legit shot at being a starter, and he has all the tools.

I don't think to many teams are interested in Raycroft. The Leafs will get nothing for him. The best they can hope for is a 5th round pick and to get rid of his contract.

Bob McCown from the FAN590 today said if Nashville is looking to lose games so they can turn fans off and move to Hamilton, he'd be a perfect guy.

You gotta think that Toskala isn't happy with this move. He has stated in the past that he wants to be a starter. In Toronto, he will have to steal the job from Raycroft.

Gotta feel for the guy. He has yet to get a legit shot at being a starter, and he has all the tools.

Toskala will be the starter. I mostly feel for the guy because he's going to face 35 shots a night.

Toskala should be able to steal the starting job like nothing. Raycroft is not that good.

I wouldn't want Raycroft here at all. His attitude is pretty lame. Every time he has a bad game or lets in a soft goal he always says "Yeah, well, I stopped the other 30 shots" or some lame crap like that. It's stupid.

Crappy teams or not. He ony had one good season when he was a rookie and has never really impressed me since then. I think that he might be a bit of a head case and i don't think he would be worth trading for.

Bring back Hasek and Osgood for one more year. See how Jimmy Howard does and hope he is ready to go by the following season.

I'd take Manny back before I'd go with Raycroft. He's not horrible, but he won't steal you any games. There are at least 30 guys I could think of rather having than him. Toronto wasted a young prospect getting this guy in the first place.

i think he may be staying in Toronto. Raycroft and Toskala can probable rotate being starting goalies kind of like what Toskala and Nabokov did in San Jose.

^^^^^^^

:thumbup::thumbup:

Ferguson said last night at the draft that the team wanted a better "tandem" and this fulfills that for them. I think they are keeping both and playing them both just like Minny and San Jose has done in the past. Maybe things will change at the deadline... who knows.

We don't have hasek.

He hasn't signed and if he wants more then 2 million I would say go to hell.

Raycroft could be a quick fix, but then again I think Osgood could be as well.

Simply put I don't think this would happen, but if it did I wouldn't be pissed. As long as Howard is still the goaltender of the future.

Edited by Majsheppard

Raycroft doesn't have the attitude to play in a hockey-first market. He's the kind of guy that won't own up to playing poorly.

When the Leafs were cleaning out their lockers, he said something to the effect of "I won 37 games, that's pretty good." (He also played in 72)

Anytime he blew a game with a soft goal (a regular occurance), he'd always pawn it off by saying "Well, I stopped the other 27..."

It gets old real fast listening to him deflect blame for his own poor play.

Paul Maurice isn't the kind of guy to rotate goaltenders or play a tandem. He picks his guy and goes with him. Raycroft isn't going to stick around as a $2 million backup. He'll either be traded or end up on waivers and his contract will off the cap.

NO to Raycroft and NO to Bryzgalov. We have Hasek and Osgood. Are ya'll forgetting that? Now with Toskala to the Leafs, and Vokoun to the Panthers the Wings EASILY have the best 1-2 goaltending punch in the league. Hasgood 4 lyfe.

NO to Raycroft and NO to Bryzgalov. We have Hasek and Osgood. Are ya'll forgetting that? Now with Toskala to the Leafs, and Vokoun to the Panthers the Wings EASILY have the best 1-2 goaltending punch in the league. Hasgood 4 lyfe.

Does Martin Brodeur count as a tandem on his own? :P

Guest DetroitIan

I halfway agree. Im just not sure Ozzie really has what it takes to be a great backup in this league. He seamed to let in alot of softies earlier in the season. I like the guy alot. But Im not so sure I have the faith in him that I once did.