• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

Official 2007 NHL Draft Thread

Rate this topic

Should be a good one this year...Look for Chicago to pick up Patrck Kane with the number one pick; also look for Washington to vie for a talented young center, as they are in desperate need of one to play along side Ovechkin. We also get to see the unveiling of several new jerseys, can't wait for those.

DRAFT ORDER

1. Chicago

2. Philadelphia

3. Phoenix

4. Los Angeles

5. Washington

6. Edmonton

7. Columbus

8. Boston

9. St. Louis

10. Florida

11. Carolina

12. Montreal

13. San Jose (pick from Toronto in Toskala trade)

14. Colorado

15. Edmonton (pick from NYI in Smyth trade)

16. Anaheim (pick from Tampa Bay in O'Brian trade)

17. New York Rangers

18. Calgary

19. Minnesota

20. Pittsburgh

21. Phoenix (pick from Dallas in Nagy trade)

22. Montreal (pick from San Jose in Rivet trade)

23. Nashville (original Forsberg pick; re-aquired from Philadelphia in Timmonen, Hartnall trade)

24. St. Louis (pick from Atlanta in Tkachuk trade)

25. Vancouver

26. St. Louis (pick from San Jose in Guerin trade; pick originally from New Jersey in Korolyuk, Fahey trade)

27. Detroit

28. Washington (pick from Buffalo in Zubrus trade)

29. Ottawa

30. Edmonton (pick from Anaheim in Pronger trade)

Discuss!

Edited by Hockeytown0001

I am excited to see goes number one overall, I think it will be Patrick Kane.

I am very eager to see all these "new" jerseys as well.

I wonder if theres going to be a lot of trading and such with picks and players, should be a good draft!

Wings seem to do well finding "unseen" talent in the late rounds of the draft.

Ya know what, I am so tired of hearing that. That was a hell of a lot easier to do when we could buy any FA we wanted and just let those later round draft picks develop to their full potential for years in the minors or over in Europe. But now with the salary cap and the new rules about the rights on prospects, we can't do that anymore. We need as many early round picks as possible. Most of that "unseen" talent was not chosen because other teams were stupid and thought the Zetterbergs and Datsyuks sucked, its because it was harder and more risky to draft Euro's because of the chance they may never come over to NA and play. The Red Wings had the talent already on the roster to take their chances on Euro's and see if they panned out. And frankly, more times than not, it hasn't worked for us. Sure we have found some real gems, but lately not so much.

Bottom line, KEEP THE FIRST ROUNDER KENNY!

Ya know what, I am so tired of hearing that. That was a hell of a lot easier to do when we could buy any FA we wanted and just let those later round draft picks develop to their full potential for years in the minors or over in Europe. But now with the salary cap and the new rules about the rights on prospects, we can't do that anymore. We need as many early round picks as possible. Most of that "unseen" talent was not chosen because other teams were stupid and thought the Zetterbergs and Datsyuks sucked, its because it was harder and more risky to draft Euro's because of the chance they may never come over to NA and play. The Red Wings had the talent already on the roster to take their chances on Euro's and see if they panned out. And frankly, more times than not, it hasn't worked for us. Sure we have found some real gems, but lately not so much.

Bottom line, KEEP THE FIRST ROUNDER KENNY!

I would agree that it was easier to get good euro talent in years past. BUT, the true measure of the picks you make are the ones that blossom into good players.

Kenny and his staff have proved to be of the knowledge and judgement to make good decisions. But I do question the Wings at times in regard to those they have let go, players that have had success on other teams, and there are many.

You can look at all sports, and the draft is a gamble. Some do well, and some dont.

Wings are 27, well, it may as well be 227, as the person they pick WILL NOT have a Wings jersey for many years. Usually the top few of the draft get to play in the big show.

Ha. Anaheim wins the Cup and Burke is still genius enough to get them the 2nd highest pick of any team that made it into the playoffs. Thats a hell of a job he's doing there in Anaheim.

Burke acquired that pick at the deadline to flip it for an available player.