• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
BringHomeTheCup!

Predators not being sold?

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

Check out TSN....

Leipold is, with the exception of Bettman, certainly the biggest douchebag working in the league.

They'll still be sold before too long. Legionnaire was talking about a local group of richie-riches that wanted to pump their family money into the team to keep them in Nashville.

It just means that we will probably be going through the same thing all over again in another 5-10 years when the new owners realize that Nashville (with the exception of some 10,000 die-hards) doesn't get hockey.

This is good news for Wings fans. We need the Nashville franchise to stay in the West if we want to move east when they expand to Vegas and wherever else, and if we don't move east, we need as many teams in the eastern and central time zone as possible.

I guess the big question is what happens now? I'd be intrested to see if the sale can actually be cancled. This has been one hell of a day.

I really feel for all you die-hard Preds fans, both of you should check your blood pressure.

This is good news for Wings fans. We need the Nashville franchise to stay in the West if we want to move east when they expand to Vegas and wherever else, and if we don't move east, we need as many teams in the eastern and central time zone as possible.

The Wings moving East is a pipe dream.

what would his motivation be to keep a team that he hates so much? i smell a conspiracy. i think bettman "forced" him to find another buyer. this is the second time balsillie has been BLACK BALLED from the league.

This is bad news. I wanted more 7:30 starts not 8:30 starts. Now he wont sell to hamilton we will not get that extra Eastern time zone team in the west. :angry:

Oh well the Nashville owner can keep losing his money if he wants too.

Edited by Jwo

This is bad news. I wanted more 7:30 starts not 8:30 starts. Now he wont sell to hamilton we will not get that extra Eastern time zone team in the west. :angry:

Oh well the Nashville owner can keep losing his money if he wants too.

If they moved to Hamilton, they'd be in the East. Maybe they'd be in the West for a year or 2, but there will soon be 2 expansion teams in the West: Vegas and KC/Seattle/Portland/Houston. If everything stays as is, one Western team would need to move East. If Nashville remains in Nashville, we'll be first in line. If Nashville moved to Hamilton, that's that.

There is nowhere that Nashville can move in the West that will benefit us. 8:30 starts and 500 mile trips are much better for us than Nashville moving to any of the above mentioned potential expansion cities.

Well futher in the night on TSN they said the deal can still happen if Balsillie and Leipold come to a binding agreement or something like that.

Guest jaytan

What a joke!!!! That team better not stay in Tennessee. They don't deserve a team. Period.

Lepoild is an absolute primadonna i don't get this at all. You've got a guy who wants to buy the team, you have people out selling the team when it doesn't even exist. Yet i feel that somehow the NHL is behind this, trying desperately to keep this team where it is.

Is anybody else besides me having a flashback to the movie "Major League"

Maybe the Predators will be bad enough to the point of knocking attendance down to the point where they can move the franchise to Hamilton or Kansas City.

Wait, now that the Predators fire sale is in full gear, I think we can safely say that the Wings have clinched a playoff spot for the 2008 playoffs.

here's another thing,....massive fire sale right? No kariya, forskin (i mean forsberg) vokumn, timmonen, or hartnel. But the fans are supposed to come out and support a team with what? four or five nhl caliber players on it?

Lepoild is an absolute primadonna i don't get this at all. You've got a guy who wants to buy the team, you have people out selling the team when it doesn't even exist. Yet i feel that somehow the NHL is behind this, trying desperately to keep this team where it is.

I'm sure the NHL is behind it. How can Lepoild give up $240 Million for a team that loses him $15 Million a year?

I was just thinking, if this was the NBA, NFL, or MLB, they'd be all over moving a franchise to Hamilton. Instead as always, the NHL shoots itself in the foot.

Why continue with these franchises that are losing money, struggle at the gate, and have no Corporate support? Man, why not go to a spot that will make you some money, so you don't have another team that sucks off the financial success of Detroit, Toronto, Philly, Colorado, NYR, etc.?

I don't get it!? What's wrong with going to a market that would love to have a franchise and would sell out every seat and every Corporate Box?

Don't look into this much yet. Leipold just the NHL to stop consideration of the sale because Balsillie had put no money down for the sale yet. Balsillie's exclusive right to the offer sheet expired yesterday, which means Leipold can start negotiating with other people. But so far, those big names that have been rumored have yet to come forward. This is a group consisting of three Nashville lawyers that have expressed interest, but it is unlikely that they will come up with as much as Balsillie has.

here's another thing,....massive fire sale right? No kariya, forskin (i mean forsberg) vokumn, timmonen, or hartnel. But the fans are supposed to come out and support a team with what? four or five nhl caliber players on it?

Kariya supposedly talked to Poile at the draft and has expressed his desire to stay in Nashville. Forsberg is still up in the air. Back in April, Poile said it is unlikely that he will stay. But last week, he was said to be one of their top targets. And supposedly he bought a house in the McKay's Mill area, so no clue what that's about.

The Preds still have a lot more talent than people realize. They still keep seven of their top 12 scorers including their top line of Arnott, Dumont, and Sullivan. They don't have the same depth as they did the past two years, but they still have a playoff-caliber team.

Kariya supposedly talked to Poile at the draft and has expressed his desire to stay in Nashville. Forsberg is still up in the air. Back in April, Poile said it is unlikely that he will stay. But last week, he was said to be one of their top targets. And supposedly he bought a house in the McKay's Mill area, so no clue what that's about.

The Preds still have a lot more talent than people realize. They still keep seven of their top 12 scorers including their top line of Arnott, Dumont, and Sullivan. They don't have the same depth as they did the past two years, but they still have a playoff-caliber team.

But what will happen during this firesale...